Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
K
K
Sales, that leaves me out! You must be good! How much further do you have to travel?

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
barbiecat #2411178 07/28/10 08:09 PM
N
N
Hey barbicat,

Mon. will be my third interview and it's at the school I student taught at. That probably got me an interview but then it's all up to me. I down loaded a book called something like How to Get Teaching Job. There are some helpful tips that I will incorporate.

This school year there are definitely more openings though there are also more teachers looking and less full time jobs being offered.

What level do you teach? Inner city, suburbs, rural? Do you have time for your own work? What do do?

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
S
S
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
Drove 832 miles today. I have been in sales for 25 years. 15 years in sales management. I have just under 600 miles left. I should be done tomorrow.

Today was hard. I have lots of moving memories tied to my ex. We moved 8 times in ten years and lived all over the country. This is my first move solo. I never would have had the confidence to do a move like this if I hadn't lived that kind of life with him. I also wouldn't have met the friends that I will be staying with in Arkansas. Everything happens for a reason.

What part of AR? I am in the Northwest area....beautiful here.

SmilingWoman #2411274 07/29/10 08:44 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
What part of AR? I am in the Northwest area....beautiful here.

I'm staying with friends in Little Rock and I'm job hunting in Fayetteville. I hope to move there once I have settle on a new job. Arkansas is beautiful. I forgot how green it was. I felt like I was home as soon as I crossed the border. My friends here are wonderful. Today I am doing a little shopping for work interview clothes and I'm getting my hair done tomorrow. I'm gearing up for my interviews next week. smile

Last edited by stillstanding2; 07/29/10 08:47 AM.

Over it.
nams #2411275 07/29/10 08:51 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by nams
Good luck to you. Boy do I need a new line of work. You seem to have job opportunities falling down from the sky.

I'm an art teacher looking for full time work and believe me, employers are not out there looking for candidates. Jobs openings are often posted for a short time then filled right away.

Due to the economy schools are struggling and there are many well qualified candidates out there.

I've not posted to you before but have been reading. I wish you the best in your new life.

Being an art teacher sounds a lot more rewarding and fun! Those were my favorite classes in school. Good luck on your search! Have you thought about working in a gallery or museum?

Over it.
M
M
SS,

Say "Hi" to my friends in NLR and Sherwood...grin

Don't know that surf rods will be much good but bank fishing can be had at Cooks Landing off of Crystal Hill Road and a few places around Conway Lake.

If they're still there, grab a bite to eat at Pig n Chick on JFK Blvd or hit the Sr Tequila for lunch on Sunday afternoon.

Mark

Mark1952 #2411322 07/29/10 10:34 AM
S
S
kiss (for SS2)

Soooooo exciting. Don't wear yourself out. Please look after yourself.

Mark1952 #2411475 07/29/10 06:25 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by Mark1952
SS,

Say "Hi" to my friends in NLR and Sherwood...grin

Don't know that surf rods will be much good but bank fishing can be had at Cooks Landing off of Crystal Hill Road and a few places around Conway Lake.

If they're still there, grab a bite to eat at Pig n Chick on JFK Blvd or hit the Sr Tequila for lunch on Sunday afternoon.

Mark

Haha! No won't use the surf rod much but there is great fishing all around. I'm actually staying in Sherwood and the Pig n Chick has great BBQ. We went to Las Palmas today for Mexican while we were out shopping for interview clothes. I have been to Sr. Tequila many times though. It's a small world. laugh

Over it.
staytogether #2411477 07/29/10 06:28 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by staytogether
kiss (for SS2)

Soooooo exciting. Don't wear yourself out. Please look after yourself.

smile I'm doing fine. Got some great new work clothes today. Getting my hair done tomorrow. Will be ready for interviews next week! We are going to scout my new area on Saturday.

Over it.
N
N
Hi SS2, museum work requires a different skill set unless it's teaching a few classes. I'm part of a gallery, a co-op, where I sell my work and all the members staff the place. I also teach for a local community center, but even combined none of these are enough money to live on.

I can always sub. but that too is not a living due to the uneven nature of it. There are a couple of long term sub jobs that I may be able to look into if a full time job doesn't work out. All will be pretty clear in another couple of weeks considering school starts in about 4 weeks.

Teaching art is great, though there are plenty of kids simply filling the seats because they must. Still, I can't imagine teaching anything else.

Formerly nam here since 07/31/03 coastal, CT
K
K
Wow, sounds like you're a go-getter! I'm impressed! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a job...new hair, new clothes, and exuding confidence and pleasant personality!

kaycstamper #2412717 08/02/10 04:29 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
Wow, sounds like you're a go-getter! I'm impressed! I'm sure you'll have no problem getting a job...new hair, new clothes, and exuding confidence and pleasant personality!
Thank you for the nice compliment! I just finished my first interview and got the job. I'm super nervous and excited. It is a little scary to be so far out of my comfort zone but I think it will be good. I have awesome friends that recomended me for the job. Now I have to prove myself. I have also found a short-term place to stay.

And, it is gorgeous here: expansive rolling lush green hills.

Over it.
K
K
Congratulations! Wow, that is so great! And I hear ya about stretching yourself, that's always good for us!

kaycstamper #2413372 08/04/10 08:59 AM
D
D
still,

Awesome!!!! Way to go girl!!!!! Best wishes!!!!

Dawn

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
daybreak #2413801 08/05/10 05:51 AM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by daybreak
still,

Awesome!!!! Way to go girl!!!!! Best wishes!!!!

Dawn
Thank you! I leave my girlfriends house today to go to my new town 3 hours away. I'm going to get settled in, do some grocery shopping, and find a gym. I start my new job Friday.

Over it.
K
K
Good luck with the new job!

kaycstamper #2414691 08/08/10 08:23 AM
S
OP Offline
S
I am off today. I like my new job. I am the only woman in the place but I am used to that in the car business. The guys seem very nice so far. I am friendly at work but unwilling to socialize outside of work with the men that I work with. When I am new on the job, there are always some men that want to take the "new girl" out. That's not happening! I'm still in a hotel. I joined a gym. I found a church nearby that I am going to attend today.

I am a little lonely. I am new in town and don't know anybody here yet. I am trying to stay busy and make choices that will put me in the right places to make some new friends. My best friend (that I stayed with last week) calls me everyday to check on me when I get off from work.

I plan to relax a little today, go to church, go to the gym, and do some exploring.

Over it.
I
I
Originally Posted by stillstanding2
There are no sure things.
Guard what you value you most - always.
Stand up for yourself early. Don't put up with nonsense just to keep the peace.
Always listen to your gut. Your gut is on your side.
Don't take time or people for granted.
The bad times do get better - slowly.
I am so much stronger than I thought.
I am much more self-sufficient than I thought.
I can fall flat on my face and get back up and try again and be okay. It is even ok to stay down for a minute and catch my breath before I stand back up again. Lol.
It is okay to accept help if you need it.
You can love somebody with all your heart, watch them walk away, and have peace (eventually). Life can even get better.
The only person that I can make change is myself.
Words and intentions are nothing without actions to back them up.
There are no little lies.

I have not checked your thread in a while, but I wanted to say this really holds significance for me personally. There are many thoughts/emotions you have posted that I can empathize with completely, especially since I have just had my D-Day. I think you are doing great, SS2. Yes, you have setbacks from time to time--but I can see that you are making better decisions and recognizing it faster when you have made the wrong choice.

BW (me): 36
WH: 30
M: 07/14/03; together~9yrs
Plan B: 07/13/10; NC broken by me 07/25/10
D-Day: 08/07/10
08/11/10: Plan B/D--can't bring myself to file without having a panic attack.
InvincibleMe #2414763 08/08/10 07:09 PM
S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by InvincibleMe
I have not checked your thread in a while, but I wanted to say this really holds significance for me personally. There are many thoughts/emotions you have posted that I can empathize with completely, especially since I have just had my D-Day. I think you are doing great, SS2. Yes, you have setbacks from time to time--but I can see that you are making better decisions and recognizing it faster when you have made the wrong choice.

I am so sorry that you have just had a d-day. Nooo

I am sure that you are feeling pretty lousy right now. Waywards suck! rant2

Thank you for your kind words.

Over it.
S
S
Heyy SS2, i see like always you have taken the bull by the horns and ran.

Please make sure you take care of yourself and DO NOT let your ex even know where you are living now.

hug

SC

Page 6 of 10 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation