Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
P
P
And I know for a FACT that there are people who come here with the sole purpose of starting a controversial thread so they can sit back and snicker at the ensuing chaos it might cause.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
deleted

Last edited by missmywife; 08/14/10 02:09 PM.
T
T
Originally Posted by ConfuzedHusband
thndrnltng,
However, as to your sarcastic preamble:

Well, I'm truly glad you recognized it as sarcasm. I would hate to think I was losing my "edge" just because I'm a disabled senior citizen now! grin I'm not even going to attempt to decide whether or not this story is true. I just know that, 42 years after I became a registered nurse, and with decades of hospital experience with a wide variety of patients, there is more weird stuff going on in this world than most people can imagine.

And after going through the "mercies" of the legal system with my 3 adopted grandchildren, molested in their bio-mom's home while their bio-dad was imprisoned, and then seeing how that same system treated my 3 bio-grandchildren, molested by the adopted grandchildren when the oldest of the 6 kids was maybe 7 and the youngest was still an infant--I don't automatically discount weird stories about the police and the law, either. Before then, I would never have believed that prosecutors, detectives, sheriffs, anybody in law enforcement, could have been so derelict in their duties as those people were. Slipshod. Shoddy. Ineffective. Dishonest. We have suffered immeasurably over the last 8 years because of what happened, while the perpetrators have gone blithely on unpunished...and in the case of the original adult, male molester, unquestioned--even though the police had no doubt that he had done what was alleged. I no longer automatically trust the police. I never will again.

Susan

T
T
MMW, this is an anonymous forum. You are as unknown to us as we are to you. I think it's just as much a waste of time for you to get angry at people you see as insensitive--when you'll never meet them, as it is for them to get all worked about about the story of a complete stranger to them.

If you want help, put people on ignore. I've done this to one poster in my 5 years here. You can do it, too, if you like. But if you are, indeed, telling the truth, there is help to be had in dealing with your wife. If, in order to get that help, you have to let some other stuff roll off your hide, only you can decide if that's possible for you.

tl

P
P
Speaking of waste of time....

I'm out. Some people are just nicer than me. smile

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
There could be psychopathological trolls. Easily. Who derive fun from writing the most outrageous stories and watch people respond in dramatic ways to them.

***edit****what kind of support did you want from this board?

Last edited by JustUss; 08/13/10 04:51 PM. Reason: tos
S
S
My only question is this, because I have been here since the first post, and I offered you some help but you went around my help by giving me excuses. So my question is...

If we give you advise will you take it?

if not, then I am out as well.

J
Administrator
Administrator
J
PLEASE!!

If you have concerns about this thread, notify your mods & allow them to check.

If you feel you can help this member using MB concepts & principles,,please do so...

If not, go onto the next thread,,,,,

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
A
A
Ok, I'm out as well.

Missmywife, if any part of your story is true, you and your wife need support WAY beyond what an anonymous internet forum can provide you.

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
T
T

**edit**

Last edited by Revera; 08/13/10 10:19 PM. Reason: TOS disrespectful
S
S
I just know that, 42 years after I became a registered nurse, and with decades of hospital experience with a wide variety of patients, there is more weird stuff going on in this world than most people can imagine.

Agreed. I only transcribed ER reports for 2.5 years, and the stories I could tell...

Sooly

"Stop yappin and make it happen."
"The will of God will never take you where the Grace of God will not protect you."

Me 47
DH 46
Together for 28 years.
Married 21 years.
M
M
Once again I'm sickened my the lack of compassion of people.

Ok, wait. I counted at least 5 posters who offered you compassion and advice. Two of whom shared their own personal experiences w/ you.

The posters who questioned your story did not do so b/c they lack compassion, they did it b/c they lack faith in you/your story.

If you are sincere in wanting help, why not talk to those who can relate to what your wife and family have gone through...and have offered to help you?

N
N
I wouldn't begin to guess whether this story is true or not, but as I've said before, it doesn't matter. (As long as y'all don't let anyone, troll or not, getcha all het up.)

As someone who did hours of lurking myself, I know that the kind and caring advise we give may be of use to countless anonymous readers, and as someone else said, many may be reading who are dealing with abuse who may learn something from our posts. For those who opened up on this thread, I can guarantee you that SOMEONE benefited, whether the OP did or not.

I would also like to say that if I posted everything that has happened during the last 8 years, many of you would think I was a troll, too. It is truly unbelievable. No one outside the immediate family (and law enforcement) knows the full extent of what has happened.

If a person is a troll, what they feed off of is the emotional reaction. Restrain that, even if you feel it, and a troll won't get anything to eat. A genuine poster will still be fed. The lurkers will still be fed.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Originally Posted by Neak
I would also like to say that if I posted everything that has happened during the last 8 years, many of you would think I was a troll, too. It is truly unbelievable. No one outside the immediate family (and law enforcement) knows the full extent of what has happened.

I'm gonna make a wild guess here, darlin', that you and your sister (I know it's sure true for me!) would be very glad if we didn't know "the full extent of what has happened" either. Life was much more comfortable for us all before we uncovered that mess of human depravity, only to be sold down the river, without apology, by law enforcement officials whose sworn duty was to protect.

tl

P.S. This dog and her squeaky toy are driving me NUTS!! Just wait till I get my hands on your sister! mr eek

T
T
kind and caring advise

Tsk, tsk. Wasn't it enough that I edited and proofread both of your books before they were submitted to the publisher? Do I have to do it to your posts now, too? MrRollieEyes

tl

N
N
ADVICE ADVICE ADVICE
stickout

grumble grammer polise grumble

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
T
T
Thank you. And now we can quit t/j'ing this man's thread, just in case he changes his mind and comes back to it.

tl

N
N
blush [/tj] blush

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
S
S
This is so sad, if he really needed help he wouldn't have quit that fast frown

P
P
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
This is so sad, if he really needed help he wouldn't have quit that fast frown

He may have. Being accused of being a troll when you're hurting only adds to the pain.

Markos' Wife
FWW - EA
8 kids ...
What to do with an Angry Husband

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 425 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation