Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
J
JustUss Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
J

Marriage Builders� Radio
with Dr. Bill & Joyce Harley

CALL IN WITH YOUR QUESTIONS!

Starting Monday, August 9th, 2010, at 1:00pm Central Time, Marriage Builders� Radio will be live again with Dr. Bill and Joyce Harley every weekday. This means that they will be available to take your email or call and answer your questions.

First, email your questions to Joyce at jharley@marriagebuilders.com. Then, she will respond to you within a day by return email, and give you a toll-free number and specific time to call Dr. Harley directly during the show where he will answer your questions about marriage

Every caller whose question is asked on air will receive a complementary book by Dr. Harley that addresses the question.

MARRIAGE BUILDERS� RADIO
MONDAY - FRIDAY
1:00PM - 2:00PM CENTRAL TIME (GMT-5)

LISTEN NOW
Streamed Rebroadcast
24 hours / day
7 days / week

Marriage Builders� Radio Archives

Special Announcement: If you would like to hear Dr. Harley and his wife, Joyce, on a radio station in your community, let the station manager know about it's availability. For more information about the radio show contact Beth at 1-866-270-2031 or email beth@marriagebuilders.com.

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
A
A
Yes i would very much like to have Dr. Harley's advice weathe rit be on the radio or email. my personal e-mail is ********im not sure how you contac me regarding communication on this website, but im sure i will figure it out.

Last edited by JustUss; 08/20/10 11:17 AM. Reason: address
J
JustUss Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
J
First, email your questions to Joyce at jharley@marriagebuilders.com. Then, she will respond to you within a day by return email, and give you a toll-free number and specific time to call Dr. Harley directly during the show where he will answer your questions about marriage

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
V
V
Four days ago I found out that my wife of 16 years had an affair with a coworker. I can not explane how I feel and the pain I am going through. I found your web site and started to deal with the issue and even set up an apointment with a marraige counsler.
My question is should I inform the spouce of the other man about her husbands affaire with my wife and should I tell our fanilies? My wifes family are well known in our town and so I am worried about hurting them if this gets out. My wife is totaly against telling her parents while I thought we should.

Me:40
WW:34
Married 13 years
Together 16
EA ? PA 3/24/2010 - 7/2/2010
D-Day 8/21/10
2 sons 4&8
M
M

Dr. Harley read my email on the air on Thursday August 18th. I checked the archives, but could not find a copy of the show. Now I don't know what he said on the air. How can I find a rebroadcast of the program?

-------------------------------------
Me: BH, 39 (and no longer jobless)
Her: WW, 33
Married 5 years; first marriage for both of us
2 young kids (DD3 and DD1.5)
Her EA: Fall '08
She moves out of our home: Fall '09
D-day: 01/22/10
D-day #2: 06/28/10
Exposed to 12 of my WW's and the OM's friends and family members plus all of my immediate family members and some extended family
In plan A at Dr. Bill Harley's advice since May '10

B
B
Originally Posted by MichaelJan
Dr. Harley read my email on the air on Thursday August 18th. I checked the archives, but could not find a copy of the show. Now I don't know what he said on the air. How can I find a rebroadcast of the program?
August 18th was not a Thursday, so I'm not sure which day you're asking about. But start here: http://richwith.com/mb/radio/

BH (Me): 33, XWW: 33
Married 1999, No kids
EA: 11/04?-10/07, PA: 05/07
D-Day: 06/07
Divorced: 04/09
Affair is over for OP but not for WS
WW wants to move away w/o me
WW moved away w/o me
M
M

BHHFSGuy -- Thanks. Thursday was the 19th.

There is still a problem. Joyce Harley sent me an email on the evening of Thursday the 19th that my topic had been discussed on air that day. However, no show for the 19th exists. Perhaps I should check the show that was recorded on that Thursday?

Exposed to 12 of my WW's and the OM's friends and family members plus all of my immediate family members and some extended family

B
B
Originally Posted by MichaelJan
There is still a problem. Joyce Harley sent me an email on the evening of Thursday the 19th that my topic had been discussed on air that day. However, no show for the 19th exists. Perhaps I should check the show that was recorded on that Thursday?
The page is a bit confusing, but click on the one labeled "recorded Thursday" http://richwith.com/mb/radio/08-23-10/

BH (Me): 33, XWW: 33
Married 1999, No kids
EA: 11/04?-10/07, PA: 05/07
D-Day: 06/07
Divorced: 04/09
Affair is over for OP but not for WS
WW wants to move away w/o me
WW moved away w/o me
M
M
BHHFS Guy,

A good show as always by Dr. Harley, but alas, my call was not on that one. Any other thoughts?

M
M
Please help, I'm open to all logical opinions from anyone.

Dr. Harley,I'm asking for your help. My husband and I are currently separated and he filed for divorce and I answered in December of 2009. We had court ordered mediation April 4,2010, the mediator did not reach a mediation agreement between us, so our paperwork its sitting at the court house until one if us asks it to be placed on the calendar. I love my husband but I felt constantly disrespected by him with his relationships with other women. I would ask him to please stop calling his ex lovers to discuss out problems. If that wasn't enough he also befriended new women at the gym and at his place of employment in which he would call to discuss our problems. Both of these woman, he would speak on the phone to for hours. How do I know? Well I checked the phone bill. As my emotional supicions increased, I would question him about these calls. His responses to me included: I talk to who I want when I want, I'm not your child, none of your business and leave me alone. I was left feeling like a unloved, unappriciated, disrespected, emotionally abused wife. It affected our communication and intamacy. I tried to contact the other womam and ask them to cease and one of them had the audacity to tell me that she is going to continue relations with him. I again told him about this conversation. He curses me out but calls her to apologize for me calling her. He then switched his phone bill to his sisters house so I couldnt see it, which had me constantly checking his phone like an obsessive person. Each time I would check I became sick to my stomach at the amounts of communications to other woman. I just couldnt take it anymore. So I moved upstairs into another bedroom hoping to get his attention. He began to stay out later, call other women more, met another woman, and just plain rude around the house. He told me on several occassions to get out and let him get someone who could help him more financially because I was making intern pay. It got worse instead of better. I saw text messages to other women about how he can't wait to see them and conversations that lasted sometimes an hour and seventy_four mins. Another issue that I had was his steroid usage, it seemed to really bring out his anger more. One unforgetable incident was when he pulled a firearm on one of our former 19 year old former employees that came to help me move. My son stepped in between them and I in front of my son, but he was so enraged that he still did not lower the weapon. My father had to take him and the weapon to the side. My husband was arrested that night and blames me for asking that person and his two brothers to help me. We have had several physical alterations about information I found on his cell phone and information told to me by our employees. It made me wonder why was he with me if he treasured these other women so much. I felt like he just used me to get his business. He had been a security guard for twenty years and I had all the educational credentials to start a state security business. Toge ther, it should have been nice, but it wasn't. Although my name was the only nameon the license and I was his wife and former peace officer. He did not want, need, our appriciate my input. Not would he sit down and go over the bills with me. I felt shorted in every way. Now his side, he feels like I should be home waiting on him to get there when he gets off work not over a friends or at too many events. He is very old fashioned and likes to just stay at home. If my husband had a kitchen in our room, we probaly would never have seen him. I'm an extrovert, I love people , the outside, going places, and animals. He also feLt and still feels like I don't answer my cell phone right when he calls. He doesnt want me to socialize with a couple of my friends he doesn't like or talk to the others so much. When we apart from each other is my only opportunity to talk to my friends because I don't want to argue about something I shouldn't have said. Other issues he had is me assisting my teenage sons with their school paperwork, braiding their hair, or learning how to dance from them. He is 50 and I'm 39, I had three teenagers when he met me. We have a 6 year old daughter together, who is having severe issues with the seperation. I reside in my house previous to the marriage and I left him in our other home we have together. We have gone to two premarital counselors, tried to maker it work for 6 more months, got new cell numbers (at his request) and began marriage counseling again. Things were fine for a while until I checked the phone bill again for reassurance. Thats when I learned he was still calling a certain women he met on the property that he was securing with our business license. Since I moved out, our business was in only my name, Issues kept arising at work with disbruntaled employees, we were not speaking, he was not supporting my daughter and I finacially, I did what I thought I had to do. I felt used and abused and proceeded to close our business. He continued to work knowing I didnt renew the liscence another 6 months. I wrotehimand them a cease and desist letter, he was terminated and filed a law suit on breach on contract. He still blames me today for his finacial downfall and for taking away his dream of having his business. The CEO contacted me about the suit ,we had a meeting in which I saw several infractions comitted by employees of ours but the most of them were on my husband and his improper relationships with tenats on the property. This information included pictures with dates and times. I write a letter as CEO to counter any law suit. Later that afternoon I was invited out to dinner by the CEO. Although we were seperated and my husband moved on before I left the house, I Initially declined his dinner invite. I went by our home to talk with my husband again, and to make sure he was feeding our 13 animals, he had one of the females he met from the property there. One of the one s who I begged him to stop talking too. So I revengfully knocked on the door and told him about the invite and that night I went out with his boss that began a lovely courtship. I was finally treated the way I felt I was to be treated. I didn't feel I was wrong at the time because of all the women issues I had while we were in the same house. He told me how hurt he was about this, but that same hurt was what he did to me for two years. On top of feeling like I had to wall on eggs shells, select my words, and avoid talking to or seeing my friends just to make him happy. Now within the last month, we are actually talking to each other without arguing. We finally had more than an hour conversation on the phone. But just when I start feeling like maybe I should give it another chance, I learn of his facebook page with two ex wives, and two ex lovers being friends. I'm livid because my face book page has us portrayed as a happy family. He just added me today, but I feel his ex people have no business on his page. Especially the two adultress woman. He still feels like there's nothing wrong with him talking to other women about our issues, including his sisters who are close to his ex wife. That same ex wife that still has her 16by20 wedding picture of them up on her wall. The same ex wife that he left four times. Sometimes for months and sometimes for years like a revolving door. The same one he was married to when we began dating but was seperated from and staying over his sisters house to think things through. So I was told by his sister. Lastly, I believe that we can both be changed with Gods help. He doesn't seem to want to pray or go to God together. Is this possible with only one praying partner and worshiper?How do we recover from all of this? We have 5 young adults between the two of us and our daughter. He and my 17yearold son fought when he tried to whip him and my son had to leave to live with his father, but I stood by my husband even though I didn't agree. We got past this, but can't seem to make it past the women issue. Today we are going somewhere together as a couple. I don't know how that's going to go, but I do know I'm confused already. Part of me feels like I have been delivered from an abusive relationship and the other half feels like we didnt give it 100%because of outside influences. Please help me. I don't care if you post this, if it helps someone else. Please help me...

J
J
Dt.Harley ,to help Melanie truly you need to know some additional information.. The lovely courtship Melanie speaks of from her boss ,turned out to be a nightmare in the making.This guy was also married and to Melanies knowlege, to where he later became arrested and is currently in jail for raping and sodomizing his wife.Melanie is well aware of this and is still romantasising that wrong relationship, by still saying "it was a lovely courship". Melanie has a history of not ending one relationship before starting another.You may wonder who I am, I am a guy who she began a relationship with, since her relatonship with her husbands boss.She was getting ready to end our courtship because of the physical and financial benefits, she had being with her husbands boss. I tried to tell her that no mater what her husband did to her, she was wrong for fooling around with his boss. She asked me in the begining,to be serious about our relationship, to find out she has never been serious.She is very very confused.But if she ever needs and wants peace in that or any other relationship, she has to be accountable for her actions.And if anyone does her wrong, she can hold her head up high,knowing she is guilt free. I tried to explain to her treat people how she would like to be treated.For some reason she dont understand that concept.

J
JustUss Offline OP
Administrator
OP Offline
Administrator
J
Melanie & jamjay,

Please note the top post on this forum. You will not receive a reply from Dr Harley by posting your info on this thread.

To have your situation addressed on the MarriageBuilders radio program, please email jharley@marriagebuilders.com

JustUss

Administrator/Moderator
O
O
I have tried multiple times to listen to the live show and the rebroadcast show. My player says it's buffering but never actually plays, and keeps restarting the buffering. Any help on how I can fix this?

Last edited by torrtina; 10/14/10 11:42 AM.

Me 37
H 40
married 6yrs
ours DS 2
DstepD 12
"divorce is not an option"
M
M
What I do when it buffers is click on the stop button, let it stop, and then hit play again. That usually works.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
Just a heads-up, if you send your email early enough in the morning to jharley@marriagebuilders.com, you usually make that day's show with your question! I've done this three times now, and each time they've had me on the show or read my question on the show that day.

You should keep your email short and sweet. "My husband is having an affair. What's my first step?", "How do I overcome feelings of resentment for my spouse's actions during the affair?", or "What is Contrast Effect?"

This is an AMAZING resource, guys. Email Joyce and get on the show! Having Dr. Harley's expertise counseling you is totally worth appearing in "public". I say I'm "Mike in Utah", and that's not my real name. If you have a question, just do it!

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
M
M
Wow, DNM, that's great! I saw you had a question yesterday; looking forward to hearing it soon. Do you have dates for all three shows you've been on?

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
D
D
Hmm, I think I have them written down in my thread on the "In Recovery" forum. But not all.

Doormat_No_More
(Formerly Barnboy)
Original thread lost in the forum purge of '09.
4 months after D-Day
1 year after D-Day
Two Years Later
Four Years Later
M
M
You can also listen and download whole show archives on oneplace.com

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D

I'm a 26 year old single girl but I have been in two long realationships (both lasted over 2 1/2 years). But they both ended because of me looking to fullfill my needs elsewhere. I have identified my needs as follows:

1. Physical attractivness.
2. Recreational companionship.
3. Sexual fulfillment.
4. Affection.
5. Admiration.

I wanted to know if I can somehow convince myself to want more of the other needs. Like conversation, and honesty and openess. I know that you say that no one need is "better" or more "important" that others, but I feel like my needs just get me into trouble. I have basically the same most imporation needs as men have which leads to problems.I don't want to be a person who cheats on men. They don't deserve it. It makes me feel gulity. And one day I want to have a good husband and marriage . Until I started reading your work, I just thought that I was immature, I was irresitably drawn to men that were filling my above-mentioned needs and I was powerless to stop myself with them. I thought that I would never be able to have a stable relationship or marriage. But now I realize that when a guy comes along with the above mentioned attributions I should be aware that they will be making large love bank deposits and that if I'm already in a realtionship I should stay away from them. Though I am still curious...can you willingly change your emotional needs? Is it something you are preprogramed with? And if so, how come I have the more male typed emotional needs? When I read your colums about women not wanting to be intimate with their husbands or to partake in recreation with their spouse it blows my mind. Any opinions on this would be great. Thanks!

S
S
Originally Posted by Dwat1184
I'm a 26 year old single girl but I have been in two long realationships (both lasted over 2 1/2 years). But they both ended because of me looking to fullfill my needs elsewhere. I have identified my needs as follows:

1. Physical attractivness.
2. Recreational companionship.
3. Sexual fulfillment.
4. Affection.
5. Admiration.

I wanted to know if I can somehow convince myself to want more of the other needs. Like conversation, and honesty and openess. I know that you say that no one need is "better" or more "important" that others, but I feel like my needs just get me into trouble. I have basically the same most imporation needs as men have which leads to problems.I don't want to be a person who cheats on men. They don't deserve it. It makes me feel gulity. And one day I want to have a good husband and marriage . Until I started reading your work, I just thought that I was immature, I was irresitably drawn to men that were filling my above-mentioned needs and I was powerless to stop myself with them. I thought that I would never be able to have a stable relationship or marriage. But now I realize that when a guy comes along with the above mentioned attributions I should be aware that they will be making large love bank deposits and that if I'm already in a realtionship I should stay away from them. Though I am still curious...can you willingly change your emotional needs? Is it something you are preprogramed with? And if so, how come I have the more male typed emotional needs? When I read your colums about women not wanting to be intimate with their husbands or to partake in recreation with their spouse it blows my mind. Any opinions on this would be great. Thanks!
Dwat,

Welcome to MB.

You won't get answers to this question on this thread. Since you are not yet married, I suggest you start your own thread in the forum MB 101, which is the most appropriate forum for you. Copy and paste your question to your new thread.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,071 guests, and 57 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation