Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
K
OP Offline
K
He's not good, he hasn't eaten at all the last couple of days and hasn't kept anything he ate down or processed it right since probably Thursday. I'm not half as concerned about the food as the water, he's not drinking and he's getting weak. I don't have money and I already took him to the vet. I've forced medicine down his throat, but tonight I intend to try to force bits of water down him with a turkey baster, I don't know what else to do. He'd already lost three pounds (81 to 78). My baby dog is my world, I can't think of anything harder than this!

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
H
H
Hi KC, just read through your thread.

Sorry about your breakup and more sorry to hear your dog is so sick.

When everything happened with my XH it was my dogs that comforted me on those low days. They give unconditionally.

Is your dog a chewer? Sometimes they get blockages from some of the stuff they eat. What did the vet initially say? When my old dog gets an upset stomach I give her 1/2 of a tums and it works well.

Blessings.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
T
T
Hi KC,

When my dog was sick, the vet recommended white fish and boiled rice for her dinner. You could try her with that. It is very bland. Make sure there are no bones.

I know how close we get to our pets - I have one of my cats with lymphoma on chemo and steroids until whenever. He was my best friend throughout my troubles and I don't want to lose him.

Please take him to the vets again, if nothing is working. We have charities here in the UK to help out. I don't know if you have those where you live.

TM

Me:41
WS:42
Together 22 yrs, No kids
ILYBNILWY: April 09
WS & OW: Oct 08 - present
http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/u...388#Post2282388
K
OP Offline
K
Nope, no charities here. I took him to the vet and they treated him for Colitis, but I've been through that with our other Husky before and this is way worse. I had him scheduled for a Barium X-Ray in prep for surgery in case of a blockage but he showed signs of improvement last night so it's been postponed. Now just to see if the improvement was temporary because he wasn't eating or if he really is on the mend. I'm hoping and praying the latter.
(Yep, he's a chewer...)

S
S
Poor guy! I hope he keeps improving.

Over it.
K
OP Offline
K
He is finally starting to show signs of improvement! I am beyond ecstatic! I really didn't know if he was going to make it or not.

On another note, I got a call from my ex-BF's daughter last night and also she wrote on FB that her and her dad are praying for me. ??? He is aware of all I am going through yet can't pick up the phone and say, I'm so sorry, he has to hide behind his daughter? Give me a break! Grrr!!
I know, not even worth my anger...

H
H
Hi Kay, first hope your dog continues to improve. Poor thing.

You know Murphy's law when it rains it pours. Everything at once. Keep us posted.

Sorry about X-BF but it is during the bad times that they will show their "true colors", sad to say.

Of course this is me always with a cynical eye these days. I have lost faith in the male species and gives anyone credit who gets back out there.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Originally Posted by kaycstamper
He is finally starting to show signs of improvement! I am beyond ecstatic! I really didn't know if he was going to make it or not.

On another note, I got a call from my ex-BF's daughter last night and also she wrote on FB that her and her dad are praying for me. ??? He is aware of all I am going through yet can't pick up the phone and say, I'm so sorry, he has to hide behind his daughter? Give me a break! Grrr!!
I know, not even worth my anger...

Sounds like someone is testing the waters. Whatever!

Over it.
D
D
kay,

Good to hear of the improvement with your dog, hope it continues!!!

Dawn

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
K
OP Offline
K
Thank you, I think my dog is going to make it! I have been nursing him for the last ten days and he's showing definite signs of improvement! (My son wouldn't let me post my dog's almost-normal looking BM on FB though...) crazy

D
D
Mmmm I am thanking your son and I am sure many others will too!!!!

Dawn

BS 49
Divorced 10 yrs/married 21 yrs
Life is good and I am happy!
Engaged to be married on the 4th of August 2012!
30yoS&DIL & 2 gson/27yoD-Divorced & 3 gson/21yoD
S
S
Ewwww.....

Over it.
K
OP Offline
K
Update:
My dog finally seems well, enough I am confident he's going to make it now. What a month this has been!

K
OP Offline
K
Okay, lately I haven't written anything but I am still going through it. I don't cry as much but my heart still hurts inside. I still wake up thinking about him but it's starting to lessen it's grip just a bit, enough to make it slightly more tolerable. It feels a lot like a divorce except minus the legal stuff/costs. But the emotional separation and moving on is every bit as painful. I miss this man. I didn't want him out of my life and didn't get a say so. I'm angry that I wasn't allowed any input and that he apparently didn't value me or what we'd had over the last year. I'm angry that he didn't let on that he wasn't happy with our relationship and I'm angry that he never let me know what happened. How can one learn anything if you're not appraised of what happened? It also makes closure more difficult. I've accepted that we aren't together and don't allow myself hope for anything different...he didn't offer any glimmer of hope so I'm not fooling myself. I understand that he couldn't handle taking care of his mom and all of the stress that brings, time it takes, and keep me too. I realize this is an ineptness in him, and a flaw in him that he didn't talk to me about it or end it in a better way...and I realize that I want more for myself than someone who would treat me with so little consideration and respect. I would rather be alone the rest of my life and respect and consider myself than to be saddled with someone who cared so little. Be that as it may, I wish we could have remained friends because he really is a good man that I like and enjoy his company immensely...his kids say he always enjoyed being with me and he cared for me. It's kind of hard to understand his response in light of that, but I have to accept it nonetheless. I am getting hit on and not liking it, I do NOT want anyone else in my life, not in that way, and have told those men that I can't respect anyone who'd try to take advantage of someone when they're vulnerable. I realize that whenever a relationship ends, you're vulnerable, so I have a guard up and a wall around my heart that at this time is impenetrable, as it needs to be. I'm keeping busy, cleaning house and tackling those things I've put off for so long, and trying to give myself little things to look forward to, seeing a friend, watching a special movie, just little things, but good nonetheless. Being single there is so much to do around the place I don't have time to get bored, but it can get lonely so I try to arrange some time with others at least a little bit. It's kind of a balancing act because I really don't have a lot of time to spare.
I think the thing I am saddest about is not losing him as a fiance half so much as losing him as a friend. I really really liked him as well as loved him. He's a very special person...unfortunately he came with problems.

O
O
KayC,
I know you're in pain. I wish you well.
Have to say, I think you're actually on the right track. Seems like the withdrawal phase is difficult, but you're actually spending a lot of time with KC. That's the best thing. From browsing your thread here, you're spending some time with folks and keeping busy around the house.
Your plan better work 'cause it's pretty much what I'm doing, and yup, it's kinda lonely at times. I just keep trying to look at the positive side of being "alone" - and there are plenty.
It must suck to have had someone "special" but with "problems" that kinda neutralized the good stuff.

There's someone out there for K who more of the good, and less of the bad. Keep pluggin'.

opt

Me: 43 y.o. BFWH, D-day 11/11/09 (NC since 9/01)
Divorce from WW final 9/16/10.
Current Status: MB-based Marriage to Nature Girl 12/8/12 (first date on 12/11/10)
Mine: S(16), D(11)
NatureGirls: S(23), D(21)
Another EA Story
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by optimism
KayC,

Your plan better work 'cause it's pretty much what I'm doing

opt
I had to chuckle at that. I always thought one of the up sides of being alone is getting to eat all of the Doritos (or chocolate, or whatever), but damn, I'm dieting! smile

F
F
KC, I feel for you -- you continue to be supportive of others even when going through your own personal pain. I thank you for that.

I'm not going to offer platitudes, since they all sound so hollow at the moment. So I'll just say I hope you continue to post here and share both your victories as well as your losses. The way we help each other somehow makes going through times like this just a little more bearable.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
K
OP Offline
K
Originally Posted by Fred_in_VA
you continue to be supportive of others even when going through your own personal pain.

Hey, isn't that a large part of what this is all about? The people on this site are great, I feel like we've all walked through everything together, we've lent an ear to each other, offered prayers and encouragement and advice, the internet is a great tool!

But since I'm in the "sucky" thread, I have to say, it hasn't gotten better this last six weeks...today a deer ran out right in front of my 2007 Honda Civic...tomorrow I get estimates. And I'm having a lot of pain walking (no I'm not old...at least not yet!), something I see the doctor for in a week. Life continues to be challenging, but then it's been on a roll for over five years for me. The good news is, I'm surviving it! (that's good news, right?)

K
K
KayC......

How long has it been now?

I know your heart hurts, gosh do I know.

K~

Divorced 12/17/2003 Formerly KEB1205 Reg 9/02
K
OP Offline
K
Jim broke up with me August 10.
I just learned that his mom passed away yesterday. I am feeling very emotional about it, I wish I could be there for him, I wish I could give him a hug, but I don't want to intrude where I'm not wanted. Still, my heart is with him and I'm praying for him and his daughters.

Losing someone is no fun...I lost my husband June 19, 2005...some things you don't get over, you just learn to live with it. I know this has got to be a tough time for Jim and his family.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,027 guests, and 52 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation