Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Hope and NP, its good to have other strong women acknowledge the struggle we are all going through.

Today was definitely a better day, too busy at work to wallow in self pity and sadness. This job has definitely been a godsend and help to keep my mind off the sitch.

Thanks again MB community!

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S
You're welcome Mymissy. I wish only the best for you. laugh Stick around though, we need all the help we can get to get some newbies on board.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Scotty, I have to say - you are a MB rock. I think you have shown more strength, courage, and grace.
Keep strong.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
H
H
Originally Posted by mymissy
Scotty, I have to say - you are a MB rock. I think you have shown more strength, courage, and grace.
Keep strong.

I agree with the same statement for you! clap

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Hope, I more often than not - do not feel that way. But its nice to know that what I am showing and demonstrating are strength, my DstepChildren need that example.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
I was a mess at the beginning. There are still days I feel like a phantom limb is missing and it hurts. We are human.

You are an example for your Dstep children and they are extremely lucky to have you while their own father is a wayward.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Mymissy, when you first got here, I was in AWE of how level headed and rock solid you were. I was simply amazed. You continued to show your strength time and time again. I understand what you mean when you say that you don't see it yourself. Whenever people would say it to me, I would thank them but not believe it on the inside. I KNOW all of the weak moments that I have. I KNOW my lows. The reasons that we are strong is because we keep doing the right things in spite of those lows. It is easier to cave in, BUT it is NOT better for us.

You are a shining example for those Dstep children of yours and it shows by the fact that they WANT to hang out with you. You are an amazing and wonderful person(Hope, you're not too shabby yourself).

Stay dark and keep creeping forward. Even when we crawl, we are getting somewhere else.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Scotty, it is still all so sad. But forward creeping I go. I move again in 2 days; 60 miles north of A-land. Sunday I will let him pick up the vehicle. He has refinanced the house and in a few days I will sign off on the mortgage. (I won't sign the deed until the D).

He has managed to lose 1/2 of all that we worked for the last 12 years, lost all his friends, lost the respect of his children, halted his career and the upward climb he had been doing, gained 3 very young children and 1 POSOW who has her hand out, and lost the the respect of his co-workers.

I have continued to move forward, unfortunately it also meant going forward with the D, in this case. It has seemed as though every step to try and halt the A, pushed them closer together. I simply thought it best to walk away and allow them to implode when the dust settles.

Did my plan A work? I don't know, but I think it will have an impact later. Did my plan B work? For me yes, I have become a better person. I am figuring out my life, and I am definitely seeking some peace and recovery for myself.

We will come back together, I know deep in my heart I would like to think so; but I also don't know where I will be if that happens.

I am babbling again, thanks Scotty, I am creeping forward and trying to stay dark.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

M
M
Originally Posted by nesre
I am moving an hour north in 2 weeks, back to where I grew up and am glad to be putting that 60 miles between me and the AP's. I signed a one year lease, and plan on taking that time for me and then figuring out where I want to go. Somewhere warmer in the winter than OH.

Well, even though I wavered a little I have managed to stay quiet. I had dinner with my DstepChildren and none of us made any mention of the WW's.

Its sad though, the kids were home from school this past weekend and said they only went to his (our) house for an hour.
So many relationships damaged by this......

I continue to pack up again, hopefully this time I get to stay put a little longer; until I decided where I want to go.

But you are all right, I need to continue to move forward with my recovery; and be out of the path of destruction.

MM
Catching up on some threads. Been very busy.

HOPE YOU keep your relationship with the stepchildren going with this move. The "Alien" (Formerly your H) sure doesn't appear to be having much of a relationship with them.

Your a way stronger person than you give yourself credit for.

But you are all right, I need to continue to move forward with my recovery; and be out of the path of destruction.

Still praying for you

Nesre

Thanks Nesre, Even though it is now 9+ months since Dday; I feel so sad over the loss of so much. everyone's prayers are much appreciated.

Thought I'd give you my prayer for you...in song.

Please smile...God's got plans for you. You are certainly more than just Mrs. stbxh.

Mr. Wondering

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
S
S
No problem. I know that your Plan A DID indeed work. The fact that it had no known affect on your WH is NOT what matters most. Your own personal strength and growth is the most important part of anything. I wish you the best of luck in all of your future adventures. I can't wait for that moment when you look around and LOVE where you are and who you become. You are amazing and my life is truly better for having met you(albeit online smile ).

Look around at how far you have come already, by yourself and see the changes. See that even a small change effects the big picture. Celebrate your achievements and your accomplishments. Stay dark and you will get better and better. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
Originally Posted by MrWondering
Originally Posted by nesre
I am moving an hour north in 2 weeks, back to where I grew up and am glad to be putting that 60 miles between me and the AP's. I signed a one year lease, and plan on taking that time for me and then figuring out where I want to go. Somewhere warmer in the winter than OH.

Well, even though I wavered a little I have managed to stay quiet. I had dinner with my DstepChildren and none of us made any mention of the WW's.

Its sad though, the kids were home from school this past weekend and said they only went to his (our) house for an hour.
So many relationships damaged by this......

I continue to pack up again, hopefully this time I get to stay put a little longer; until I decided where I want to go.

MM
Catching up on some threads. Been very busy.

HOPE YOU keep your relationship with the stepchildren going with this move. The "Alien" (Formerly your H) sure doesn't appear to be having much of a relationship with them.

Your a way stronger person than you give yourself credit for.

Still praying for you

Nesre

Thanks Nesre, Even though it is now 9+ months since Dday; I feel so sad over the loss of so much. everyone's prayers are much appreciated.

Thought I'd give you my prayer for you...in song.

Please smile...God's got plans for you. You are certainly more than just Mrs. stbxh.

Mr. Wondering

Gee what a coincidence, this is my ringtone on my phone! Every time my phone rings people who hear it start to laugh.

It came out when XH would get viral at me in correspondence and I would email back..."I pray for you". Always brought a smile to my face.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
A friend of mine sent me this song a few months back, I still laugh when I hear it and watch the video.
Thanks MrWondering.
Hope, it is definitely an appropriate ringtone. smile

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

B
B
Hey MM,

You are doing great! What an example to others here and I am sure in the future you will be able to give great advice to other plan B'ers.

I hope you do stay in your step kids lives, sounds like you're the best mother, or parent really, they have!

I thought I read you are in Ohio, where are you moving to? I am from the Toledo area...

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
I thought I read you are in Ohio, where are you moving to? I am from the Toledo area...

I am from the Ottawa area and am going back to there for now. I work in Findlay and BG.

Small world.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

B
B
Yes, true! My nephew is going to BGSU and loves it!

Good luck with your move,

ba

H
H
Mymissy, have a great weekend!

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Thanks Hope,
Well I am moved; I am now 60 miles north of A-land. Today I return vehicle for good. No more switching.
The peace is kind of overwhelming, also knowing that I will not run into either of them or any of the family is kind of weird.
I think I almost got used to that heightened state of drama and now don't know what to think.
But now I guess is truly for plan B to go super dark and I plan to work on just me.
I have a vacation planned in 1 month with all my friends to Jamaica; which should be a fun getaway. Also, now I can focus more on the job.
Thanks for the encouragement MBer's!!!!

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

P
P
I have a vacation planned in 1 month with all my friends to Jamaica
[Linked Image from millan.net]

M
mymissy Offline OP
OP Offline
M
Well, I got the notice in the mail at the end of last week. The D will be final in mid-November.

I am still in shock at how this has all turned out. I would like to somehow make sense of what has happened; I can't.

3DstepChildren24&20
D final 11/15/10

H
H
Hi mymissy, just catching up.

First so glad you made the move. Missed seeing your post about it.

The timing for the vacation could not be better. It is strange to go without your WH the first time. I found it lonely but this past vacation to Bermuda went much better. We both deserve peace and serenity.

I know how shocking it is to see it in black and white the date of the D. I remember when I got the final papers in the mail and just cried and cried in the bathroom so DD would not see me.

No words of advice but blessings and prayers coming your way.

D17, D30
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Page 41 of 47 1 2 39 40 41 42 43 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 783 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation