Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
C
OP Offline
C
Many pastors, church leaders, and Christian therapists will not confront the Adulterous. They will confront the victim! Who is already reeling from the Adulterou's adultery, now gets smashed again by counselors and helpers. The Victim was told: " His/Her adultery is your fault and you'd better get to work so he/she won't stray again." "Not only is the adultery your fault but now it's your fault that you're angry and bitter.

The only one who sinned, gets a free pass! Disgraceful.

What do you think?

Last edited by CaptivatingWoman; 09/15/10 11:09 AM.

Age 36yr old / 1 Son~shine 8yrs old

Status; Divorcing Mode/Separated - Mar. 2009
Married 2001

Married 8yrs, ex was cheating on me entire 6yrs
Two daughters to his mistress (5 & 1 yr. old)
captivatingwoman74@gmail.com
K
K
Adultery doesn't have a victim except for the betrayed spouses...both consenting adults that committed adultery are adulterous and will answer for such.
I wouldn't be so concerned with what pastors think as what GOD says!
There are betrayed spouses who have contributed by "setting the stage" whereby their spouse is more vulnerable for committing adultery; however, they cannot shoulder the blame for what their spouse did...no one bent their arm and made them do it. We all have to answer for our own role in our marriages. If you've been all you could be in your marriage then consider yourself blameless and don't worry about what everyone else thinks...but make sure you've searched your heart honestly to see if there's some changes warranted.

Enacting life's lessons into positive change... .
M
M
CW,

I can tell you that I experienced something similar as did at least one other BH around here.

To be honest, when it comes to adultery, most churches and church leaders are pretty clueless as it relates to knowing what to do. They simply don't get the dynamics of affairs nor the way it damages the betrayed spouse in almost every way possible.

They also typically buy the bovine excrement the wayward spouse feeds them when they confront them since they have no frame of reference for what they always believed to be an honest person blowing things up to the point of absurdity as justification for their own actions.

Some churches are even breeding grounds for affairs because they don't take precautions required to prevent them from taking place. Even those who claim to be strong on marriage have no idea how to deal with cheating when discovered unless they themselves have been through it.

A place like this is where you find people who GET IT...

Because many of us have BTDT.

Mark

C
OP Offline
C
Thank you for your message, it did enlighten me. What God says is more important than men. Now i know why we shouldn't worry.

Thanks again Kaycstamper

Married 2001

C
OP Offline
C
I agree Mark, the worst part is when the victim will be told to do things so that his husband will love him back.

Married 2001

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation