Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 21 of 89 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 88 89
S
S
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
My pet peeve is people who have a diversion to putting their freakin carriages in the corral(whatever its called). esp when the corral is right near them and they are not disabled...I would like to take the carriage and RAM it into their car and see how they like it...I am tired of my care being a carriage magnet.
I had absolutely no idea what this post was talking about at first. It took me a full 2 minutes to work out its meaning. Here is the English translation:

"My pet peeve is people who have an aversion to putting their"...

well "freakin" is a very American word. I know what is stands for, but we don't use it over here, so, to continue:

"to putting their flaming supermarket trolleys back where they belong."

I really did not understand a word of this at first. There was no context to tell me what "carriage" meant. Here, a carriage is something was used 100 years ago to ride in behind a horse. Heard the song 'love and marriage...go together like a horse and carriage"? Well, that's a carriage. We don't even have "baby carriages"; we have "prams" and "pushchairs". And there is no English word for "corral" in the sense of a place to put things. We might say the 'trolley bay" but this is not an official term.

Phew. It's hard work learning a new language. rotflmao

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
SC, it's EASY. Whoever gets there first, goes first. If it is a tie, the person on the right goes first. If you two are facing eachother, then the person going straight has the right of way. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
My pet peeve is people who have a diversion to putting their freakin carriages in the corral(whatever its called). esp when the corral is right near them and they are not disabled...I would like to take the carriage and RAM it into their car and see how they like it...I am tired of my care being a carriage magnet.
I had absolutely no idea what this post was talking about at first. It took me a full 2 minutes to work out its meaning. Here is the English translation:

"My pet peeve is people who have an aversion to putting their"...

well "freakin" is a very American word. I know what is stands for, but we don't use it over here, so, to continue:

"to putting their flaming supermarket trolleys back where they belong."

I really did not understand a word of this at first. There was no context to tell me what "carriage" meant. Here, a carriage is something was used 100 years ago to ride in behind a horse. Heard the song 'love and marriage...go together like a horse and carriage"? Well, that's a carriage. We don't even have "baby carriages"; we have "prams" and "pushchairs". And there is no English word for "corral" in the sense of a place to put things. We might say the 'trolley bay" but this is not an official term.

Phew. It's hard work learning a new language. rotflmao

I didn't have as hard a time as you, but I did wonder what carriages were. We call them "carts"/"shopping carts." The "freaking" isn't only American, it's Canadian too. laugh And BTW, we DO call them "cart corrals."

Last edited by Scotland; 09/21/10 07:32 PM. Reason: sp

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by Scotland
[ The "freaking" isn't only American, it's Canadian too.
Oh! Are they different, then?

(SC: Ducking and running away.......)

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
S
S
rotflmao...Okay, "diversion" is my own stilly language...The correct word IS "aversion". And I just asked my son what he calls the things you push around in a grocery store..He said "shopping CART" and as usual he said the old people call it a carriage. sigh

He hates when I call Pepsi, tonic (old people call it that)....That is not an old people thing it is strictly a Boston thing and my mom grew up in Boston. I get all my "old" people language from her. Okay done rambling. Nooo

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
T
T
SC, it's EASY. Whoever gets there first, goes first. If it is a tie, the person on the right goes first. If you two are facing each other, then the person going straight has the right of way. laugh

Let me tell you when this "rule" doesn't work so well. A few days ago, I drove into town and pulled up to the 4-way stop. Simultaneously, a car pulled up to my right and a motorcycle pulled up to my left. I had the right-of-way to the motorcycle, but the car had the right-of-way to me. So, for about 10 seconds we all sat there and watched each other, until finally the cyclist waved for me to go first. But it was a VERY odd 10 seconds! rotflmao

tl

C
C
[ The "freaking" isn't only American, it's Canadian too.
Oh! Are they different, then?

(SC: Ducking and running away.......)

rotflmao

United Statesian is a bit of a mouthful so we hogged the entire hemisphere instead and made it mean US. Even though .02% of us know better.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
And what's up with people who pull up to 4-way stops and are scared to actually GO when they HAVE THE RIGHT OF WAY!! Oh, no - there they sit, waving at me wildly to move when they're supposed to go! What the H???
Stop talking about me!

If you will insist on having something that does not occur anywhere else in the world, then you just have to put up with our nervousness when we visit!

rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
Online Content
N
I really enjoy people who exit their vehicles and commence to walk down the MIDDLE of the aisle at a leisurely pace to get to their destination, meanwhile cars creep up behind them waiting for them to get the heck outta the flippin waaaaaaayyyyyy

Oh my goodness you're at the mall on a Sunday for crying out loud! What's all the rush about? You're going to be walking around for 4 hours once you get inside anyway! If you wanted to get in and out, you'd go on your lunch hour or something. Talk about unreasonable expectations wink My kids are kind of pokey, staring at their cell phone and texting while they walk down the middle of the road and all, but c'mon, they're having important conversations LOL. Why would they want to hurry up for your convenience?

Me 40, OD 18 and YD 13
Married 15 years, Divorced 10/2010
S
S
I like that I started a long line of rants. dance2

NewEveryDay...it's unfortunate that the conditions which I was describing occur frequently at 11am at the local grocery store/hardware store/insert whateverstoreyouaregoingto MrRollieEyes It seems that people, in general just have no scruples anymore.

I am a pretty patient person, to boot, so i can't imagine what some road-rager might do under those same conditions. I simply MrRollieEyes and wait until the kings and queens of america get outta the way. wink

flirt

Last edited by silentlucidity; 09/21/10 09:26 PM. Reason: and what's this stuff about 'carriages'. I mean, who talks like that? Oh, wait, this isn't just an AMERICAN forum. Oops, my bad

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
C
C
It happened to me tonight mark. Someone passed me and got in front only to slow down and go about the same speed i was but to close to me. GRRR.

Well i was driving my daughters 3400 grand am so... Spank me I passed him. MuuuHAhahahaha...

C
C
Hey SC, Pip, Pip Cheario .. Don't forget your mack when you go out during teatime..

You might need a torch if you go outside your flat tonight.

See us people from across the pond in the colonies learned some of your launguage. lol

C
C
But don't ask me to go to Liverpool or to New Orleans, (Nawleans as they say it there), and understand anything Lol. Who Dat?

S
S
MrRollieEyes Bunch of MB weirdos...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Whew, Thought for a minute I ws becoming normal or something. Thanks Still.

I am ..Abby something.. Oh yeah.. Abby normal.

S
S
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Whew, Thought for a minute I ws becoming normal or something. Thanks Still.

I am ..Abby something.. Oh yeah.. Abby normal.

You are Abby normal alright... rotflmao

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
OHOHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

I thought of another one. People who talk on their cell phones while in line at the checkouts. I work in a major retailer as a return desk associate. Their phone rings and they answer it. SERIOUSLY? Is someone on FIRE? What could be so important? Then they say, "No it's okay, I am almost done. I am just at the cashier right now."

Even worse though. I used to work at Wendy's. How many times did I hear the ding go off to signal a car. I would say, "Welcome to Wendy's, can I take your order please." Only to hear, "ring, ring, Hello, hey......." REALLY? just order your darn burger and go away. grin

When I was young, we didn't even have an answering machine or call waiting. If someone didn't answer, you called them later, or you actually walked down to their house. If it was busy, it was because they were talking to someone else.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
T
T
here are my rants:

High School - I graduated in 1986, never planned to go back, had enough of it the first time

Being invisible - really, what grade are you in again?

That's all for now smile

S
S
I graduated in 1986 toooooooo....teeheehee

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Scotty, I used to work at Caldor...they are all closed now...but I used to work the register and then a few times they put me on returns...Well returns were 42 on the register and sales were 2...The whole day I was so used to being on the register that I forgot to put the 4 in front of the 2....Well everyones returns were rung up as sales...Mwahahahahaha!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Page 21 of 89 1 2 19 20 21 22 23 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,254 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation