Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 22 of 89 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 88 89
T
T
1986? Why still, you are so young!

S
S
NEW RANT!!!

Why do people get on here and want to get help to fix there marriage, then they don't follow the steps from the MB site, then go to plan FU and watch their marriage fall apart???

I DON'T UNDERSTAND!!!!

C
C
Originally Posted by Scotland
OHOHOHOHHOHOHOHOHOHOHOH

I thought of another one. People who talk on their cell phones while in line at the checkouts. I work in a major retailer as a return desk associate. Their phone rings and they answer it. SERIOUSLY? Is someone on FIRE? What could be so important? Then they say, "No it's okay, I am almost done. I am just at the cashier right now."

My phone went off while I was checking out at the grocery store and I ignored it. The cashier asked me, "Are you going to answer that?" I told her no, I was going to finish my transaction with her. It annoyed her!

Now that I think about it, I should have silenced it. Duh. I guess a ringing phone is annoying. The most annoying ringtone I've heard was in an English class...there was a girl who hadn't silenced hers (as she should have in class! At least I do that), and someone called.

Imagine this: a deep malevolent male voice saying, "I'm calling you. You hear me calling you? Pick up the dam phone! Hey! I'm CALLING you, you *bleeping* *bleep* you better pick up the dam phone!" Totally creepy.

Our professor asked her, "How can you stand that?"

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
S
S
I had student in a parenting class I taught whose phone sounded like a meowing cat. I kept looking for this poor kitty.

S
S
Originally Posted by sunnydaze53
I had student in a parenting class I taught whose phone sounded like a meowing cat. I kept looking for this poor kitty.

rotflmao

Mine is a whistle, actually it's wheels whistle (he recorded it and sent it to me, so I saved it and put it for my text ring) so each time I get a text it whistles at me and every time, I get people looking at me. lol laugh

T
T
If you watch Family Guy, then you know there is a famous clip where Stewie is calling his mom over and over and over: "Mama, Mommie, mama, mom....." That was my ring tone for a couple of hours. It was too much like real life, so I changed it.

C
C
My daughter has the one from gieco, "Ringy ding dingity di do...e, Aring an ring a dingity"

It is funny lol.

I hate the cell phone at the cashiers almost as much as the bluetooth at the cashiers, especially when they are having a convo.

Why do they not listen and go to plan FU? Cuz it still is all about them. The 2X4s bounce off thier hard heads thats why.

Some people need total devastation to be broken enough to recieve help. I know I did, proud idiot that i am.

I thik that will be my rant.."Why am I such a dummy?" lol.

Saw a bumper sticker the other day..

"There are two constants that are infinate in life.

The Universe..

And the studpidy of people"...

I am probably ahead of the game then.

As soon as I find the answers they change the questions..

S
S
Originally Posted by lurioosi2
1986? Why still, you are so young!
flirt

Originally Posted by lurioosi2
If you watch Family Guy, then you know there is a famous clip where Stewie is calling his mom over and over and over: "Mama, Mommie, mama, mom....." That was my ring tone for a couple of hours. It was too much like real life, so I changed it.

I Loooovvvveee Family guy...and this is hysterical...love it, love it, love it.... grin

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Sorry for the kinda gross and TMI rant in advance but hoping I am not the only one with this problem...

Why can I teach my smartypants Havanese doggy to do almost every trick in the book (by 4 mos old by the way) but now at age 2 I still can't teach him to do his business outside? He's lucky he's so cute because this is frustrating...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
T
T
I feel your pain. Our sweet lab - who was doing so well - has started "leaking." She is 10, so it's not uncommon...but ICK!

Oh, and if you are going to rant about cute dogs, it would be nice if you included a picture smile

S
S
My 7 month old border collie/shepherd has it backwards. I take her outside for HOURS and the MINUTE she walks into the dining room she does her "business." ARGH So FRUSTRATING.

Thought of another one. When you are in a PUBLIC washroom and someone else answers their cell phone. WTH? I don't want your friend/mother/husband listening to me in the john. AHHHHHHHHHH

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Yeah, Scottie, that's the thing with me too, I bring them out, they go #1. Come back inside...five minutes later there is a #2 gift for me in the dining room frown

luri, I did post one on the pet thread a while back but then deleted it (I am a little paranoid about posting pics online!) But I will try to figure out how to post one here again.

Would love to see both of your furkids too!

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
B
B
Susie and Scottie....I have one who insists on doing #1 just before I wake up every morning...no matter what how early or late I wake up...its like he knows! Another goes out goes #1, comes in and waits for the other two to come in and us all to go back upstairs and then does #2 all over my living room. I love tile floors!!!!!

P
OP Offline
P
Our doggy is part cat. She's lovable at times (hence, the name Luvey) and adorable. This morning we couldn't find her anywhere, searched high and low. She never goes outside alone because we always walk her with a leash to do her business.

We suspected that our 3 year-old grandson had let her out while we weren't looking. Eventually, we went to the pound to see if she'd been picked up and then filed a missing doggy report.

On the way home, while we were lamenting about what could have possibly happened to her, I suggested that we ring the doorbell when we get home, just in case. Sure enough, we hear a faint bark coming from upstairs in our room. Low and behold, we find her in our closet, inside a partially zipped suitcase, where she'd been (ignoring us) the whole time. Crazy dog!!

Last edited by princessmeggy; 09/23/10 06:26 AM.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
Back to the cell phone thingy.

TWICE I have been in the ladies bathroom and I hear the person next to me in the stall holding a full on conversation as they do their thing!
Are you serious?!?!

Do we need a sign in the bathrooms;
"For the privacy of our guests, please turn off cell phones in the bathroom??"

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
S
S
We sure do. Like what they tell you when you are at the movies or a show. I DO NOT talk on a phone anywhere near the bathroom. My friends and family seem to hold themselves to a different standard however. It is the worst when I am talking to a friend and then I hear a flush. SERIOUSLY. If you needed to go to the bathroom, don't answer the phone, or tell me you will call me right back. That's what I do. Even better is the time that my sister called me and she was brushing her teeth. I couldn't understand a darn thing she was saying.

PM, I saw that story about your doggy on FB. That is pretty funny. Whoever thought about ringing the bell was PURE GENIUS.

ETA Just re-read your post. Guess my kiddos talked to me the first time round. YOU are a GENIUS. laugh

Last edited by Scotland; 09/23/10 07:10 AM. Reason: ETA

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
So does that apply to posting? Maybe I should take the PC out of the bathroom then rotflmao

S
S
Originally Posted by barbiecat
TWICE I have been in the ladies bathroom and I hear the person next to me in the stall holding a full on conversation as they do their thing!
Are you serious?!?!

I know people who enjoy playing games on their cell phones whilst tending to mother nature. I tell them they now have POO PHONE.
Originally Posted by CP
So does that apply to posting? Maybe I should take the PC out of the bathroom then

Um...POOOOOOOO PC[Linked Image from bestsmileys.com]

I have never needed entertainment in the bathroom, but heated toilet seats would be nice grin

Last edited by silentlucidity; 09/23/10 10:17 AM.

Me-BS-38
Married 1997; son, 8yo
Divorced April 2009
M
M
I need to rant for a second. Why do the words "I'm married" not phase some people?!?!?!?

I am at a work conference and the past two nights my bosses have been making fun of me for "turning in" at 8:30 (right after dinner ends and when the drinking starts) I go to the lectures, attend the company dinner and then come back to my room to read, call WH, and get some sleep. So, tonight I stayed for the party.

I tried to surround myself with other women, or married couples, but would occasionally find myself alone. I ended up getting hit on a number of times. While somewhat flattering- I would quickly steer the conversation to my husband and family, thinking that they would get the clue- but it didn't phase these guys.

Why do people have NO respect for the sanctity of marriage??? No wonder it's so "easy" for waywards to fall into an A- the world is apparently full of people who are just dying to be the OP

I'm frustrated with WH for not resisting the temptation when I do, with myself for listening to my boss and joining the party tonight, and with every single man who didn't take the hint. I am particularly frustrated with one man who approached me several times and then called me several vile names when I finally said "listen, I'm married. That means that I have absolutely no interest in you and would prefer to never speak to you again. please go buy someone else a drink"

I hate people tonight.

Me- BW (26)
H- WS (29)- ongoing EA
M- 8 years
Kids: DS7 & DD5
Most recent attempt to get NC: 9/8/10
Currently: one sided Plan A
V
V
rant2

rant2 rant2

rant2 rant2 rant2

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
Page 22 of 89 1 2 20 21 22 23 24 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 653 guests, and 51 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation