Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
C
C
What airline? What cities? You can find out all flight information online, not which flight he is on, but which flights are at least offered. Did he say how late, what time? If there is no flight then...

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
C
C
BTW, do not mean for you to answer my questions here, but for yourself.

Marriage is the triumph of imagination over intelligence. Second marriage is the triumph of hope over experience.
(Oscar Wilde)
W
OP Offline
W
Yea I know. She told me the time and I found the real flight I think. I have her on my side and she knows what's going on.

W
OP Offline
W
Point is I know when he's actually coming home. He hasn't lied because I think his flight really did get changed. But he hasn't told me the actual flight time even when I asked.
And I can only assume it is so he can do whatever he likes tonight and get home late acting like his flight just got in. Should I go along with him or catch him in the act. Or jot it down keep my mouth shut but remember for later so I can bring up the lie.

I am trying to keep a journal of all the things that happen. With the dates.

Last edited by WhatToDo33; 10/06/10 01:24 PM.
S
S
I would send him a nice text saying something like "Sweetie since you weren't sure when your flight would be in and I wanted to be certain dinner was ready and warm, I called X's wife and confirmed with her. Hope you like_________for dinner. C u soon.
xxxooo

C
C
Can you be at the airport? Is that more trouble than it's worth? Watch him exit the plane, snap a photo, text it to him? I know liars hate this kind of stuff, but hey, they're the liars, if they liked it they'd admit to this stuff.

(Oscar Wilde)
V
V
I like Sunny's response.

Lacking that, if/when he does get home late pretending to have just arrived be honest. Something like:

"I talked to xxx and she let me know your flight came in at X:XX. I'm sorry you felt you had to lie to me. That really hurt me. I was looking forward to spending my evening with you. Would you like me to warm you up some dinner?"

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!
W
OP Offline
W
I could be at the airport CWMI but I'm not sure that is a Plan A type of thing to do. I don't know I'm no Plan A expert.

I'm thinking of texting agian. Just simply asking will you be home for dinner or is your flight getting in late. Would you like me to make you dinner. Leave out that I contacted the wife.

Or maybe do nothing. And just give him the chance to make it right. Then when I know his planes landed and he's not home in a timely fashion go find his car at her house. Or park my car in walking distance to her house and wait to see him come there. Than I can get pictures of them possibly.

S
S
No you need to let him know that you KNOW when his flight is coming in, if not then he will lie to you. But when you tell him you know because you talked to so and so then he can't lie to you.

Just text him.."Hey babe, just found out when your flight is coming into town, I'm so sorry they changed it on you, but that's ok I'll be home waiting for you with dinner warm and ready smile love ya can't wait to see you!!"

W
OP Offline
W
Hmm. Ok I'll do that.

W
OP Offline
W
K that's what I did now I just wait to see if he replys or ignores. I know he's going to be pissed at friend for telling me. And mad at me for asking.

Yes it doesn't make sense for me to ignore it. Him lying to me is painful for me. I should do what I can to not be hurt by him.

But he doesn't like me pretending that everything is okay. But I'm not. I'm trying to show him what a good wife I can be.

V
V
Oh well... his problem if he's mad.

Just a bit longer.

How go the Plan B plans?

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
S
S
Let us know what he say's laugh

W
OP Offline
W
Hasn't landed yet. Was in air when I sent it. I have a feeling he's going to say I'm not coming home for dinner. But we will see.

Last edited by WhatToDo33; 10/06/10 04:57 PM.
W
OP Offline
W
Actually he will say I need space.

V
V
Course he will! He's wayward. Stick to your plan

Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
HIYA!
W
OP Offline
W
I am. He finally responded. Almost an hour after his plane landed. Said I'm not coming home going to have a beer. Then I said ok well I have dinner in the oven for you it wilbe ready at x time. Then he said I don't want to come home and "talk." And I responded. I don't want to talk either I just want to have a nice dinner with my husband and maybe watch some tv. But I haveto go to bed early so I don't want to be up late.

W
OP Offline
W
Ok dinner is done. I slipped into my comfortable clothes except it's a little too cold for them so I got a robe on too. But I was thinking thy could come off as I was getting food out of the oven. It's just way too hot ya know.

But he's not home yet.

S
S
I really liked the idea of being AT the airport. I think I would have been there waiting for my WH with a silly sign that read, "Mr So and so, sexiest man alive." And I would have been dressed smoking hott. THAT would have been a GREAT Plan A moment. Probably would have PIZZED off mr WH, but it wouldn't matter, NO EXPECTATIONS.

You are veering closely to Plan Doormat. I would caution against this. Have you read other people's threads to see what you could do in your own sitch?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
W
OP Offline
W
I've read your thread. Or some of it. It's really long. And some others.

How do I keep from being a doormat.

Update. He asked what was for dinner an why I cooked it. I told him and Sao because I love you and wanted you to have a nice meal. After he didn't respond for 20 minutes after that I fixed my plate and started eating. Almost done now.

When he gets home. I will say you can heat some up if you'd like.

I'm pretty toasty right now...

Page 13 of 17 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 374 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation