Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2433057 10/07/10 07:09 PM
A
Allan_A Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hey Eeyore.. can you email me?

Thanks

Allan A
S
S
Hey Allan, glad to see you here.

I like you. You are a fighter. I'm a fighter too. I have 70+ pages on my thread (f/k/a saddestwife) to prove it if you want to read it, which I actually do not recommend.

I have been resolute in telling my truth which has, at times, not gone over so great.

I hope you will do the same.

Like many here I have read many sites -- I learned the WAW term from DB ages ago, but instead of implementing the Walk Away part, I had an A. If I'd read more of the site, I would have seen that one coming....

I left here for a while and posted on a forum which was more focused on personal healing from my A because that is what I needed for that time. I didn't need to hear another syllable about how horrible I am or how much pain my H is in. I needed "permission" to focus on me and what is broken in me that I would inflict the A on ME -- when you are the WS, ME is a four letter word. It felt to me that no matter what I posted here, my motives and veracity were going to be called into question. Not by any means by everyone, but by enough posters that I gave it up.

I came back because I like the overall MB plan. If I start to feel attacked again I will leave. People have the choice to say what they like to me, and I have the choice to accept it or not. I think people have said stuff to me that was way out of line and I think I have implemented some really bad advice. It was my choice to do that, but I do agree with you that a forum dedicated to saving marriages can become a "third party" negative influence. An infidelity forum is not by definition a benign influence -- people come here in desperate straits and may, as I did, seize on any advice. That's not anyone's fault, not even mine. It's the nature of the beast.

Here's my point: there is kindness and wisdom here. There is kindness and wisdom at DB. There is kindness and wisdom at the other forum I posted at. Let's don't make it a battle, or if we need to make it a battle, let's make it a battle against infidelity, toxic marriages, unhappy families and avoidable divorce.

I hope to read here in the future and see Allan A and think, as I do others who post here -- "hey, I want to see what he has to say -- he's kind and wise."

A
Allan_A Offline OP
OP Offline
A
edit

Last edited by BerlinMB; 10/08/10 10:14 AM. Reason: removing link

Allan A
V
V
For the DB refugees looking for a place to congregate, there is another forum that may be better suited for what you're looking for.

This place is for Marriage Builders stuff and that's the topic people usually try to stick to.

(edit: Contact Allan)

Good luck to each of you in your personal endeavors and marriages.

Last edited by BerlinMB; 10/08/10 12:11 PM. Reason: tos

Me & DH: 28
Married 8/20/05
1DD, 9 mo.
Just Lookin' and Learnin'
HIYA!

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 450 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation