Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#2436816 10/20/10 09:30 PM
S
OP Offline
S
So today I picked up wheels just like any other day, he comes in the car letting me know what him and the guys at work talked about today. Apparently one of the mens wife's went to Las Vegas for a weekend for a girls night out, well one of them admitted saying "Just to let you all know if it comes up, I have been having an affair for a year now with so and so."

Well wheels asked his friend "so are you going to tell him?" And his friend said "No, that is not my business" after the conversation he showed everyone the WW facebook account.

Since wheels had experience in this he had a really strong desire for the BH to know, since neither of us know the couple we decided to do an anonymous FB message to the BH this is what wheels wrote.

Hi BH,

I heard through a friend of a friend that your wife has been having an affair for a year. I have personally suffered through the same ordeal, and I could not stand by and let you go through the same thing. So I hunted you down using Facebook and friend links. My friend that told me he does not feel that it is his place to get involved, but I disagree, and I want to give you a choice in the matter.

Please visit this website for support and direction:
www.marriagebuilders.com

Create a profile for the forums, and post your story, I will be there. Then start snooping around the house for evidence. Don't just believe me, believe your phone bill and WW's personal email and facebook.

You can disregard this message or make a vital choice to recover or divorce. It's all up to you, but at least you have a choice now.

Bobby

P.S. my wife and I are in the process of recovering our marriage.

F
F
hurray

clap

hurray

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
G
G
Good JOB!

Sometimes the really horrible thing is how many people keep their mouths shut, making the betray spouse feel like an absolute patsy when the truth does come out, and making the circle of betrayal huge.

God Bless
Gamma

J
J
Sapphire,

YOu married a good man and the both of you are learning very important lessons for the rest of your life. You both should be proud.

God Bless,

JL

S
OP Offline
S
After he wrote that letter I told him that I was so proud of him for telling the BH. One of his friends asked wheels "If I was cheating on my wife, would you tell her?" he did not hesitate and said "YES!" then his friend said "REALLY!!?" like he was shocked, they all know what happened between us so I was shocked when his friend was shocked! I told wheels "Don't they know what happened to you? And how hurt you where? Don't they know the situation? SO it's not like your going to sit there and let your friend cheat on his wife! Knowing the pain you had to endure!"

Even if the BH already knows, at least we have a piece of mind that WE know he knows laugh

T
T
laugh

S
S
I'm betting that if the affair has been going on a year and the woman is now sharing this with her friends, then the BH already knows.

The "if it comes up" part is the dead giveaway.

S
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by schtoop
I'm betting that if the affair has been going on a year and the woman is now sharing this with her friends, then the BH already knows.

The "if it comes up" part is the dead giveaway.

We thought that too, but I think is was mainly a "just in case" kinda of deal you know?

S
OP Offline
S
OK I need help!

So the wife intercepted the facebook message we sent to her husband (apparently he is NEVER on FB and she checks his messages...sigh)

Anyway I told wheels that we need to find his number and his friend at work that knows him will not tell us because he does not want to be involved.

So my question how can I get his number? I know there are websites but which sites are the best?

M
M
Originally Posted by SapphireReturns
OK I need help!

So the wife intercepted the facebook message we sent to her husband (apparently he is NEVER on FB and she checks his messages...sigh)

Anyway I told wheels that we need to find his number and his friend at work that knows him will not tell us because he does not want to be involved.

So my question how can I get his number? I know there are websites but which sites are the best?

Google his name. That may give you some info to go on. Try www.whitepages.com.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

D
D
OK I need help!

Go back and check his FB page. FB has a nasty tendency to publish phone numbers without your permission or knowledge. I've had it happen to me twice now. Of course this mans WW may have already seen to it that his number isn't there for just this reason. It's worth a look anyway.

Me: 45
FWW: 44
Children: 17 (son)
Married for 26 years
WW A's 2008-2009
D-day: 1/7/10
Trickle truths from 1/7/10 - 9/1/10
12/15/10 - Finally felt like we were in recovery
B
B
Does Wheels know where this BH works? Call them and ask to speak to BH.

The google and phone number on Facebook suggestions were good too.

Me - 44
DW - 39
Married 16 years
DS10
DS6
DD4
M
M
Ummmm...isn't it likely that such wayward wife is now here on MB trying to figure out who you are in real life???

Might want to tweak your signature line so they can't figure you out back home.

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
S
OP Offline
S
TY MRW

Where is the ww now? I do not see any new posts

M
M
TY MRW

Where is the ww now? I do not see any new posts

I have no idea...but your first post on this thread pretty much directed her (or whoever read it) here to the forums where "you will be".

Might want to have the whole thread go poof

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
S
OP Offline
S
ya good point laugh Its hard because wheels friend at work wont give us any information, I don't know where he lives, his middle name, nothing. I can how ever send all of his family members the FB message laugh she has about 6 or 7 relatives that has the last name as they do.

What should I do?

S
OP Offline
S
Should I just send out FB messages to all of his family and hope they tell him??

M
M
Should I just send out FB messages to all of his family and hope they tell him??

I don't know...and worry such ww may be here trying to anticipate your responses and attempt to head you off at the pass.

Phone book? If you have his name try whitepages.com

Mr. Wondering

J
J
Sapphire,

If you know where he works, you can probably obtain his work phone number and perhaps his work email. You can make an anonymous call to him from pay phone (good luck finding those) or use *89 (I'm not sure that is correct to block caller ID and traceback.) You need to do your homework on that.

Just some ideas, but if you call the company and ask for the extension of ******, they are likely to give it to you.

JL

M
M
Originally Posted by Just Learning
Sapphire,

If you know where he works, you can probably obtain his work phone number and perhaps his work email. You can make an anonymous call to him from pay phone (good luck finding those) or use *89 (I'm not sure that is correct to block caller ID and traceback.) You need to do your homework on that.

Just some ideas, but if you call the company and ask for the extension of ******, they are likely to give it to you.

JL

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 883 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation