Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 84 of 86 1 2 82 83 84 85 86
H
OP Offline
H
Scotty...I'm fine

My kids are keeping me busy and DD14 got suspended for three days from school. She got into a shouting match with a boy in her class....they didn't fight, but it's called something unrest and so they kicked her out for 3 days. She has now loss priveledges for Halloween. If she keeps this up, she'll be staying home every weekend. We're still going to counseling once a week and although I'm not convinced it's helping, she does look forward to going every week.

I weigh in tomorrow....hoping for more weight loss. I lost 3.5 lbs last week. I just started going back to working out. I'm going in 2-3 times a week with a trainer. She's killing me!!!! I'm not as sore though because of all the protein I'm eating on this diet. I'll let everyone know of any loss for tomorrow.

God's really been opening the communication with me...showing me that He (being God) is all I need. My happiness depends on God and not man.

BS: 41
WS: 52
Marriage 20 years on 6/9/10
Dday on 4/27/10
Husband moved out 5/12/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
OP Offline
H
Oh, something else that just happened. My mom contacted me last night and told me that this lovely woman in her Bible study, who is about 62, just came home from a vacation with her mom and sister to find her husband with OW. He told her that he's been in the affair for the last 15 years. This BS said, "mom, I need you to tell me everything your daughter has been doing and where this site is that she has been going to." Wow, I was amazed that an affair could go on this long undetected. Anyway, when I talk with her, I will be directing her here. My mom really didn't know much like who the OW was or if she is married, etc. I'm hoping to find out more tomorrow.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
OP Offline
H
Ok, lost 2.5 lbs yesterday. They also measured us since this is our 6th week. I've lost 30 inches all together.....13 in my hips alone. I am so excited. I don't go a single day without anyone saying something. It's so enjoyable to feel good about yourself.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
M
M
Originally Posted by hope_eternal
Ok, lost 2.5 lbs yesterday. They also measured us since this is our 6th week. I've lost 30 inches all together.....13 in my hips alone. I am so excited. I don't go a single day without anyone saying something. It's so enjoyable to feel good about yourself.

Bravo to you!! hurray

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
S
WOOOOOHOOOOOO WTG HopeE.

It feels good....and IT's ALL YOU. laugh

Congrats.

You done good girl.

Did you by yourself a new outfit to go with that new bod? Make sure it is something that you feel AWESOME wearing.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
I haven't bought an outfit yet....but either tonight or tomorrow. I've scheduled a photo shoot with myself and the kids on Saturday morning. I teach with this lady and she is an incredible photographer. We're going to do a football theme and then change to casual clothes. I want to have something new to wear and a new pair of jeans. I was wearing an 18 in my jeans and those got too big. So, then I went to 16 and now those are too big:)

Soooo, I'm going to try a 14.....here's hoping I'm ready for that size.

Thanks for all the encouragement!!!

Last edited by hope_eternal; 10/28/10 05:54 AM.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
A
A
Great job!
Blessing

atena
P
P
HopeE, OMG, that is fabulous!! You're my inspiration as I just recently decided to "change my eating habits" and change me in the process. Whole different ballgame from deciding to "diet". KWIM?

Congratulations!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Sounds GREAT. I want to get some pics done of me and the kiddos soon too. New life and all. wink

I can't wait until I am in a 18 smile It's 22's for me, but it's better than the 32's. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Way to go Scotty!!!! You can do it. I keep telling myself that I can't stop and I won't go backwards. It's slow going, but I'm progressing slowly but surely.

I got my hair cut tonight, so I guess I'll save shopping for tomorrow night. There's just not enough time in the day.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
B
B
Hope,

I don't think I've ever posted to you before but I have been following your thread. I'm in the same neck of the woods as you - on the north side of the big town, work in the energy corridor. I wanted to post and tell you how jealous I am of your weight loss!!!!! I am height weight proportionate but since May, I gained 20 pounds and, a month ago, was diagnosed with diabetes. Where before I could lose weight at the drop of a hat, I am now struggling to lose even a pound despite eating to keep my sugar down which, as you know, requires a more health approach to eating. My added struggle is that my cycling and workouts have been severely limited because they also think I am in the early stages of Lupus and/or polymyocitis. SO all that said, I am thrilled for you and envious at the same time! Way to go girl!!!!!!!!!!!

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks Brits for your comments. I'm not sure about your sudden weight gain. Have you considered getting your thyroid checked? I've been wanting to get mine checked just because 2 lbs takes forever for me to get off. I've just been putting it off. Maybe with these other things going on with your body? Maybe that's why the gain....are you taking new meds?

This way of eating has changed my life. I eat 2 proteins, 2 protein supplements, 6 veggies, 2 fruits, 1 Starch, 8grams of fat, and 5 water bottles a day. The key for me is the low sugar. I have never felt better in my life!!! I'm not getting sick or allergies. My energy level is amazing.

I just don't know if I can get to 200 by Thanksgiving. I plan on eating normal on Thanksgiving day, but I have to say it makes me nervous....I'm wondering how eating sugar and starches will affect me? My mom said that it will probably tear my stomach up.

Well...getting ready for church. I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
S
S
I have found that when I eat something that I haven't in a while, I don't want it anymore. I ate Poutine(Fries with gravy and cheese curds, I sometimes forget that not everyone knows what it is HAHAHAHA) the other day and afterwards I was in so much pain. Turned me off of it for a while now though. A while back, I had a craving for a Big Mac, after 3 bites I HATED it. Last night, I had a craving for a Whopper. I hadn't had one in more than a year. I ate it, and noticed that it didn't taste very good. I still have some cravings, especially for my red light food, POTATO CHIPS, but some others ones just don't interest me any more. I even noticed that icing is soooooo sweet now. I think you will still enjoy some of it and others will make you feel ill. It's not going to be the same.

So, are you managing to stay dark? Just checking up on you. I worry. smile

I hope you have a good day too.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
B
B
Hope, I am so happy you are eating healthy! I wish I could! I have pre-diabetes and know that the days i eat healthy my blood sugar drops to normal.

I wrote down your eating plan and want to start to follow it. Did you find this online anywhere or how did you discover it? It looks good both to correct high blood sugar problems and for weight loss.

If you want support I will get you my e-mail. I admire you for doing this.

The other thing is from my point of view, the fact that you developed these new eating habits, is more important than a divorce, than your husband having an affair, better than ANYTHING!

Had he not had an affair, you may have never developed these new healthy eating habits. Then,, you would be sunk.

It is almost LUCKY that he had this affair to bring you to the point you would look at eating healthier! Whatever it took in life to bring you to change your eating habits, it was worth it. Thank you for taking this direction you were meant to take.

I hope I can do the same. We have to save our lives! Then we have a life to share with "good" men someday!

Thank you for doing good for yourself. You are caring for your own needs and the needs of your body. Good health starts there. Thank you!!!! And thank you for inspiring me. If you do not want to e-mail me it is no problem, I will share once in a while on MB.

Thanks again, I am going to church today to give thanks for you.

B
B
Scotty, potato chips are my fav food too. I cannot resist them if we bring them into the house.

E
E
Fwiw, I see thyroid patients all the time. Start w/a simple blood test.

But like we tell them, the thyroid isn't going to make you gain 100 lbs. The chips and cokes and doughnuts do that part. But imho I would say that about 20-30 lbs could be blamed on a sluggish thyroid.

Fwiw, I am dieting too. And the halloween candy is driving me maaaad! I love the teeny snickers but am trying to say no.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
K
K
I wish I had the problem you all have. I weigh 116 and I'm trying to gain about 30-40 pounds. (Was healthier at 150 or 160)

Any healthy ways you can suggest going about this? Particular foods?

(I do apologize, but since healthy eating and weight discussion is going on, I thought you might all know what to do.)

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
OP Offline
H
Wow...I've missed things over the weekend. The diet plan I'm using is through a wellness program with our school. The district has contracted with these people and we had to pay $45 for 8 weeks with this nutritionist. She's great!!! First they weighed and measured us. Based on that information, she designed a plan of how many calories, and how many of each thing we should eat. The fats are already worked in to our food we can intake and then you get 8 extra grams of fat. I usually use them on coffee creamer or sour cream/cheese for my salads.

I tend to get in a rut with eating when I diet, so my meals look the same everyday...I just like to stick with what's easy and simple for me. The one starch that I get is a "flat out" tortilla.....you can get them at Walmart. They have 90 calories and loads of fiber. That's my one starch....nothing else. NO potatoes, rice or bread. Sometimes I eat beans as my starch if I'm our of the flat outs....yes she says that beans are a starch. Otherwise, I eat loads of veggies, and my proteins.

I'll try to post more tonight about what all I'm doing. Oh there's this other thing she says about fruit...."eat it alone or leave it alone" She says that fruit should be eaten and then don't eat other foods until 30 minutes after you eat the fruit. Then if you eat other foods, you should wait 2 hours before eating your fruit. I'm not sure of the reasoning....I just do it.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
H
OP Offline
H
Ok, since I weigh in on Tuesdays....I wanted to say that I lost 2 more lbs and 4 lbs of fat. I'm now 10 lbs away from my shortterm goal of 200 before Thanksgiving.

Dday on 4/27/10
Plan B....5/21/10
DD 15
DS 11
DS 10
DS 7
S
S
Karma,

To gain weight:

Just consider what you eat normally, then think of ways to add more calories to it. For example, if you eat soups, you can add mashed potato flakes, which will thicken the soups, but also add calories.

You can also add sour cream to soups, or cream/milk, or butter to some soups for more calories. Adding these same ingredients to casseroles also bumps calories.

Try adding cheese to most foods for a bump in calories.

Mayonnaise will add calories to what you eat, and not add more bulk.

Instead of plain milk, make it an "instant breakfast" instead, and have that with a meal. These are nutritious, and also add calories to a person's diet who needs more in the daily plan.

Add a scoop of ice cream to a glass of milk for a dessert after dinner. Stir it up and drink it.

Have peanuts or other nuts around, and snack on them. Add them to salads for calorie increases. Salads can be bumped with cheese, full-fat dressings, croutons, and meats or eggs.

In general, when you are cooking, look at what is in the pan. Ask this question: "Can I add something to this that would bump it up?" Usually, a dollop of mayo, sour cream, some milk, cheese, an egg, some rice, mashed potato flakes, noodles, or nuts or condiments can add calories easily.

I work with lots of folks who need the additional "bump".

The one they seem to like the most is the instant breakfast one. They can do it at any meal, it's cheap, easy, and tastes good.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
Page 84 of 86 1 2 82 83 84 85 86

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation