Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 36 of 51 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 50 51
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I am risking asking this I know...but what are the chances my WH could completely turn around and we could save the M? Should I pretty much call it quits as he seems to be lost in the A completely and he so entitled as to be declared hopeless? In a long long time he has given no signs of wanting to have anything to do with me...
blessing

atena
S
S
Originally Posted by atena
can you buy them already made over there and then put you own sauce?
I once bought the rolled pasta, but then had a terrible job trying to get the stuffing inside! I use lasagne now (dried and soaked). I put the stuffing in the centre and roll up.

Lasagne and cannelloni do take forever to make, and create a mountain of washing up - the bechamel pan, the pasta pan, the meat sauce pan, the grater, then the baking dish when everything has been eaten...

I have to be in a patient mood to make those.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
C
C
You "hear" he's happier than ever...you are only driving yourself crazy with this stuff, you are not helping the chance of R at all. What is it serving you? Do you think you deserve to be punished/driven crazy? Because what if it becomes finally over and you ask yourself did you do everything you could? By not going completely dark the answer would be no. You don't want that answer to be no! (((aetna)))

M
M
I am risking asking this I know...but what are the chances my WH could completely turn around and we could save the M? Should I pretty much call it quits as he seems to be lost in the A completely and he so entitled as to be declared hopeless? In a long long time he has given no signs of wanting to have anything to do with me...
blessing

atena, you need to call it quits because it is unlikely your H will ever change enough FOR YOU TO WANT HIM BACK. Dr Harley told you it was unlikely he would ever change and I happen to agree. He has been this way for years and years. No way do you want him back like this.

I am sorry you are down today. But you know how to remedy that. GEt the hell out of there, my friend!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Here is the recipe for the lasagne (not Texas style)
Nooo

I am down today, if anyone wants to lift me up at some point,I would appreciate it. I am trying to make sense of what does not, and trying to figure out what goes on in WH head...pretty much all the time.
I know I will have to move...and will. But in the meantime...How to make sense of all this mess...and understand how someone who hurt you so much can be now happy and carefree...

Buon Appetito!
Italian Lasagne
� One pound of ground beef
� 1 onion, finely chopped
� 1 glass of red wine
� 4 cans of tomato sauce
� Half pound of grated parmesan
� Two mozzarellas Italian style (soft and milky) or half pound of grated mozzarella American style.
� I packet dried or fresh lasagne
� 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
� 2 tbsp butter
� Salt
� Pepper
Ingredients for B�chamel Sauce
� 4 tbsp butter
� 50g flour (about 2 ounces scarce)
� 1 tsp grated nutmeg
� 1 pint of milk
� Salt
� Pepper
For four people
Cooking Time: 90 minutes
Preparation (you can make as many layers as you want, but generally 3 or 4 layers are sufficient)
1. Heat oil in a frying pan and cook the onion for 3 to 4 minutes until the onion is soft and translucent.
2. Add the ground beef and stir until is browned and crumbly.
3. Pour in the red wine add tomato sauce and season with salt and pepper.
4. Bring to the boil, then turn the heat low and leave to simmer for an hour. If the sauce becomes too dry add some more red wine.
5. If using dried lasagne, soak the pasta in hot water for about 15 minutes until soft and pliable. Rinse in cold water and leave to dry on a cotton towel.
6. While the sauce is cooking preheat the oven to 350 and prepare the b�chamel sauce.
7. After an hour place 5 tablespoons of the meat sauce in a medium sized oven proof dish, flatten with a spoon and cover with half layers of lasagne.
8. Pour a 3 tablespoons of the b�chamel sauce over the lasagna and smoothen with a spoon.
9. Repeat this rountine for as many layers as you want to make and top with the remaining b�chamel sauce and sprinkle the grated parmesan and remaining mozzarella over the top.
10. Cover the oven pan with tin foil
11. Place in the oven and cook for 25 minutes.
12. Remove tin foil and cook for another 5-7 minutes until the top has reached a golden color
Preparation of B�chamel Sauce
1. Melt the butter then add the flour and stir thoroughly until the butter completely absorbs the flour. This usually takes about 3 minutes.
2. Remove from the heat and gradually add the milk, stirring continuously until the milk is combined with the butter and flour.
3. Return to low-medium heat and bring to the boil, stirring all the time.
4. Turn the heat to low and simmer for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. After 10 minutes add nutmeg, salt, pepper and stir until you get a thick smooth consistency.

Thank you muchly! That looks like more WORK than Ragu, though!! sigh I will share this with my sister so she can redeem herself with her horrfied EYE-talian friend. grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
My H did mention you could buy pre-made lasange at Sams' but I suspect it is probably not as good as my Ragu version. shocked

Exposure 101

M
M
I guess I was hoping the A would have ended soon, that is where all my hopes were hanging...but it is still going full blast and I hear he is happier than ever.

It would be nice to hear about YOUR happiness and ways you can achieve that. That is the only thing you have control over, atena. YOUR HAPPINESS.

Exposure 101

S
S
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I suspect it is probably not as good as my Ragu version. shocked
Mel's Texas version:

First, lassoo your cattle...

(Please add the next line, someone)

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
I suspect it is probably not as good as my Ragu version. shocked
Mel's Texas version:

First, lassoo your cattle...

(Please add the next line, someone)

Believe me, that ain't Mels' Texas version!! I could break a nail lassooing a cow, DUH!! flirt

Exposure 101

S
S
Mmmmmmm...thanks for posting that awesome recipe....((((atena)))Im just gonna add (even though you shouldnt care) hearing through the grapevine that your WH is happy is probably complete bullpuckey....I mean everyone believed me and my H were the happiest couple on the planet, EVERYONE...My H was soooo happy that he left me for someone else, ya know?

You will get over this for the most part...whether you leave or not....whether you go to a DARK plan B or not....but we are just trying to have you get to that point the fastest way possible....your way is torturing you.

I know I have been that route for the most part too...and I am still getting better everyday, but could have saved myself a lot of pain along the way. Hang in there Atena....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
>>>>I know I have been that route for the most part too...and I am still getting better everyday, but could have saved myself a lot of pain along the way.

(((stillhere))))) that's about the best advice anyone could give.

married 19 yrs
separated a month

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you for appreciating the recipe.
The cannelloni are harder. My mom makes her pasta from scratch and I think she uses several types of meats for the stuffing...
I will let you know, but you sure need time to do it..it will be rewarding I guess. I have never tried! But I ate them...uhmmm

Regarding the rest...
atena, you need to call it quits because it is unlikely your H will ever change enough FOR YOU TO WANT HIM BACK. Dr Harley told you it was unlikely he would ever change and I happen to agree. He has been this way for years and years. No way do you want him back like this.
Could this basically mean that, even if WH come back to M (I can't even see how that would ever happen) I will have to take him back in his own terms...
Dr. Harley said he might come back and say: I am coming back but it was all your fault and you need to do all the work as I have no faults in this and the A helped me....
Who is the WH who would come back and say so and hope that the BW would take him back????????
blessing

atena
M
M
Could this basically mean that, even if WH come back to M (I can't even see how that would ever happen) I will have to take him back in his own terms...

It means the opposite. You would only take him back on your terms IF he changed dramatically.

I am running out the door and will answer your email later today, ok?

Exposure 101

B
B
Hey Aetna,

Your recipe sounds great, I'm going to try it! One question though, I noticed that there wasn't any basil, oregeno or parsely, or garlic even! Is this the american version to add all the spices?

Best,

ba

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
No, in the region where i am from we do not add spices to these types of sauces, only to fresh, summer sauces
blessing

atena
H
H
Hi Atena,

I am glad you have gone on meds temporarily to get through this.

I too would obsess about "what ifs" but understand they are aliens as long as the OP are in their life. I have accepted this.

Don't believe that their life is a fairy tale. Unless it is Pinochioo turning into an A$$. They want you to believe they are happy happy happy. I would have visions of the "perfect life" they must be living.

There will will be cracks, their will be fissions but we won't see that.

XH told me he is so happy now but I know it is because he is drunk. I look at XH and he looks awful, bloated, red face from drinking and now bankrupct. Why would PP WANT to marry him? I look at him and I know I wouldn't but they wanted what we had and guess what they didn't get that. They got some mad scientist version. I am blessed that is not the man I was M too.

If XH had an "awakening" at some point he would have to come back under a MB marriage or non at all. If anything I know I deserve the best and so do you.

blessings.

Love the lasagna recipe. Unfortunately in my part of Texas it is almost impossible to get good ingredients to make a decent Italian meal. I am 100% Italian and seriously displaced here when it comes to cooking. Will try your version.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
From what I am seeing of Wh he is in shape, rides a motorcycles, has few worries, does not live with OW and her brats and only sees her when he wants to.
He has not shown any signs of missing me or anything...it is possible that he has a better life than when he was M..otherwise he would come back to what he had.
I am glad the recipe is liked. YOu can find some ingredients but it is hard to find all the good stuff and expensive too
blessing

atena
S
S
My DS does not like ricotta...so I cannot wait to try your recipe, I think he will like it...and from the sound of it I think I will LOVE it...

My MIL is from Sicily and she does use the ricotta....but I also think that some of her stuff she americanized prolly. She also told me that in Italy that they would not make the americanized stuff, like chicken parm...she said they would not put red gravy on chicken they would put white....But she is a great cook.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Atena, I wish only for peace for you. Do you see now what happens when you have a close encounter of the wayturd kind? You start to obsess about him again. So how much money is in your jar now? Any thought into the elastic band on the wrist thing?

My grandma is from Udine. She said that she had never even heard of Pizza until she moved to Milwaukee. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Italian cooking varies greatly from region to region. Italy has been a country only since 1870 and well into the 30s people from the north could not understand people from the south.
The americanized italian cooking is a sicilian version of everything so that is why you see ricotta and lots if spices.
But the tradition of pasta making comes from a region called Emilia Romagna and in that region pasta and ricotta are mixed only to make ravioli with ricotta and spinach but that's about it...
Tomato is not used in every recipe and yes, chicken with tomato is not a widespread dish here in italy.

You all, I have been a basket case these days. After seeing him all day on Sat I just go deeper and deeper into depression and to the whys he really does not care about me etc... etc..
There are also practical financial issues where WH is bailing out from paying bills and other things...he is totally careless about the house and basically has ZERO responsibilities.
I am really at the end of my rope...I have counted...it has been 2 years and 4 months of this "episode 2" of misery without counting the 2 years of misery of "episode 1" meaning his first A.
blessing

atena
Page 36 of 51 1 2 34 35 36 37 38 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 822 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation