Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 37 of 51 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 50 51
M
M
Buon Appetito!
Italian Lasagne
� One pound of ground beef
� 1 onion, finely chopped
� 1 glass of red wine
� 4 cans of tomato sauce
� Half pound of grated parmesan
� Two mozzarellas Italian style (soft and milky) or half pound of grated mozzarella American style.
� I packet dried or fresh lasagne
� 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
� 2 tbsp butter

silly eye-talian left out the cottage cheese!! naughty Do we Texans have to teach you how to make lasange!? sigh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
I am alarmed to see that there is no reference to beef broth or ground italian sausage on this list.

Strange days indeed... think

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Cottage cheese twoxfour

atena
M
M
Apparently those Italians don't understand we know a thing or two about a thing or two here in America! We have Chef Boyardee!!!

[Linked Image from chefboyardee.com]

case closed! laugh

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
chef Boiardi, an italian, would roll in his coffin knowing where he was put into!! uhuh

atena
M
M
Originally Posted by atena
chef Boiardi, an italian, would roll in his coffin knowing where he was put into!! uhuh

Not if he tasted spaghetti-o's!! They are awesome! laugh

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Apparently those Italians don't understand we know a thing or two about a thing or two here in America! We have Chef Boyardee!!!

[Linked Image from chefboyardee.com]

case closed! laugh

And if we really want to put on the apron and pull out the casserole dish for a good old eyetalian throwdown, we've always got

[Linked Image from crossroads-market.com]

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
cottage cheese!!
Barf.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
And if we really want to put on the apron and pull out the casserole dish for a good old eyetalian throwdown, we've always got

[Linked Image from crossroads-market.com]

Yeppers!! We are bad!! laugh

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
You never know what comes out of that box! What if chef boiardi was a WH? would you eat anything a WH prepares!?
Do not risk it, make it from scratch...and leave the cottage cheese out with the sausage, spices and broth...

atena
M
M
Originally Posted by atena
You never know what comes out of that box! What if chef boiardi was a WH? would you eat anything a WH prepares!?
Do not risk it, make it from scratch...and leave the cottage cheese out with the sausage, spices and broth...

I think I had better take your word on this...... Sister says thanks for the recipe! laugh

Exposure 101

S
S
OMG, Mel you are hysterical....I remember when I first got married and used (dare I say this on atenas thread) JARRED SAUCE!!!! My H was mortified....then I went over his moms for dinner and she used CANNED POTATOES...Blech...I am half Irish and would NEVER use CANNED POTATOES....I never even knew that there was such a thing...

She makes Thanksgiving dinner with no stuffing and no potatoes...WTH!!!!!!! She makes Turkey now though...but with soup and artichokes and who knows what else...I eat over my aunts..no way will Me and DS have Thanksgiving without REAL mashed taters,stuffing and cranberry sauce shaped like a can...NO WAY!!!

Now MIL used BAGGED ready made(just add water) MASHED POTATOES...OMG what is this world coming too....and I now would never use jarred sauce. I am proud to say Chef Boyardee is not allowed in my house...even though I grew up on it.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
She makes Thanksgiving dinner with no stuffing and no potatoes
faint

D-Day 2-10-2009

C
C
cranberry sauce shaped like a can, I love it!

M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
OMG, Mel you are hysterical....I remember when I first got married and used (dare I say this on atenas thread) JARRED SAUCE!!!! My H was mortified....then I went over his moms for dinner and she used CANNED POTATOES...Blech...I am half Irish and would NEVER use CANNED POTATOES....I never even knew that there was such a thing...

Listen, I lived up in yankeeville for 15 years and will never forget my sister in law dumping a pan full of turkey drippings and serving Franco American chicken gravy instead!! crazy

y'all need to quit trash talking ole Chef Boyardee!! Spaghetti-o's are great!! grin

Exposure 101

M
M
I just remembered I once had eye-talian neighbors and they served lasange and crappaloni on Thanksgiving!! faint

Exposure 101

H
H
On thanksgiving with my family we would have antipasto, holiday soup (meatball and escarole) and then at the end would be all the turkey and trimmngs. Did I say I had a weight problem???

Here we just make the turkey but when I go home for Christmas it will be a food fest for a week. Did I say carbs

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Originally Posted by SugarCane
cottage cheese!!
Barf.

I know right. I tell people that I can NOT eat something that looks like someone else ate it and threw it up. YUCK

Funny thing about spaghetti Os in my house. My kids think that they don't like sauce so I call it soup. HEHEHEHE

Thanksgiving and Christmas isn't right without the turkey, REAL mashed potatoes, corn, pilsbury crescent rolls, stuffing and REAL cranberry sauce. It doesn't matter what you make the gravy with, I eat the cranberry sauce on EVERYTHING. wink

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Mel?...whats crappaloni?..... dontknow

Oh and Mel...I hate to tellya but spaghettios are not chef boyardee they are franco american naughty...another italians cooking I grew up on...Teeheehee TEEF...Thats how I know...I loved the little meatballs when I was a kid (BLECH)!!!!!

Oh and Mel...yur kinda funny. stickout

Oh and Scotty....PS cottage cheese does = barf!!!!sick

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
M
M
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Oh and Mel...I hate to tellya but spaghettios are not chef boyardee they are franco american ...another italians cooking I grew up on...Teeheehee ...Thats how I know...I loved the little meatballs when I was a kid (BLECH)!!!!!

Listen here, eye-talian is eye-talian!! It is all tha same!! I am sure this Franco dude is some nice eye-talian fella. laugh

Exposure 101

Page 37 of 51 1 2 35 36 37 38 39 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation