Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11
T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
She has no interest in the companies money. She wants the security of the job, the friends she has at work and the daily contact with her affair partner. She says it is about financial security, but it is not.

It is a suffering we must all bear. Strong efforts to prevent it from happening again. The opposite of covering up is uncovering or disclosing - The Pope
T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OK, I agree we will have the discussion tonight...

It is a suffering we must all bear. Strong efforts to prevent it from happening again. The opposite of covering up is uncovering or disclosing - The Pope
M
M
Here is your step by step marriage plan:

Originally Posted by Requirements for Recovery
The plan I recommend for recovery after an affair is very specific. That's because I've found that even small deviations from that plan are usually disastrous. But when it's followed, it always works. The plan has two parts that must be implemented sequentially. The first part of the plan is for the unfaithful spouse to completely separate from the lover and eliminate the conditions that made the affair possible. The second part is for the couple to create a romantic relationship, using my Basic Concepts as a guide.

I'll describe these two parts to you in a little more detail.

The first step, complete separation from the lover and eliminating the conditions that made the affair possible, requires a complete understanding of the affair. All information regarding the affair must be revealed to the betrayed spouse, including the name of the lover, the conditions that made the affair possible (travel, internet, etc.), the details of what took place during the affair, all correspondence, and anything else that would shed light on the tragedy.

This information is important for two reasons: (1) it creates accountability and transparency, making it essentially impossible for the unfaithful spouse to continue the affair or begin a new one unnoticed, and (2) it creates trust for the betrayed spouse, providing evidence that the affair is over and a new one is unlikely to take its place. The nightmares you experience are likely to continue until you have the facts that
will lead to your assurance that your husband can be trusted.

An analysis of the wayward spouse's childhood or emotional state of mind in an effort to discover why he or she would have an affair is distracting and unnecessary. It takes precious time away from finding the real solutions. I know why people have affairs: We are all wired for it. Given certain conditions, we would all do it. Given other conditions, however, none of us would do it. So the goal of the first step is to discover the conditions that made the affair possible and eliminate them.

After the first step is completed, the second step is to create a romantic relationship between you and your husband using my 10 Basic Concepts here

as your guide. While your relationship may be improving, it won't lead to a romantic relationship because you are not being transparent toward each other. Unspoken issues in a marital relationship lead to a superficiality that ruins romance.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

THG12 #2447793 12/01/10 12:59 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by THG12
She has no interest in the companies money. She wants the security of the job, the friends she has at work and the daily contact with her affair partner. She says it is about financial security, but it is not.

bingo!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

D
D
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Using his authority to persuade female subordinates to have sex with them is still considered sexual harassment.

In time your WW will understand this, THG.

It is clear to everyone else right now but her.

It's good protection for you and for her that you've made the distinction in your mind between a W and WW.

She is acting and thinking irrationally. You are doing a loving thing by acting and thinking rationally on her behalf. For both of you.

Definitely meet with the attorney ASAP.

FBW in recovery
T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T

MelodyLane - I meant if she sees work as the oasis and home as the battlefield because of my affair ending actions this week should I wait, but I hear you say to keep the battle going.

This is how my WW is acting about 40% of the time:

Lovebusting behaviors.

Selfish Demands
Disrespectful Judgments
Angry Outbursts
Independent Behavior
Dishonesty

THG12 #2447796 12/01/10 01:02 PM
M
M
We were getting there. She even said, Sunday afternoon that we were making great progress,

This was a SHAM! You were not making any progress as long as she was in touch with her lover every day and hiding her affair.

Exposure 101

THG12 #2447798 12/01/10 01:05 PM
M
M
MelodyLane - I meant if she sees work as the oasis and home as the battlefield because of my affair ending actions this week should I wait, but I hear you say to keep the battle going.

Here is the thing. She is already mad about your exposure, so why not get your moneys worth out of her anger and keep going until you have the affair killed? Why squander her anger to only end up with an ongoing affair? Do not let up until this affair is killed and she is OUT OF THERE. Don't stop until you have set the stage so you CAN recover.

Exposure 101

T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OK, I agree. Thanks for clarifying. We did some good work on making the home a great place until I went Rambo on Monday.

We were so close. If they would have let her go instead of getting her to sign the 'paper', it would be SO much better now. As it stands we will probably have to go through a seperation and hope that she sees the light while living away from her home during the holidays.

Tighten your seatbelt we may experience a little rough air about 5:30 PM across Wisconsin this evening.

Again, thanks to everyone for being the voice of reason in this crazy situation. I really appreciate all of the advice.

THG

THG12 #2447806 12/01/10 01:15 PM
M
M
Again, thanks to everyone for being the voice of reason in this crazy situation. I really appreciate all of the advice.

THG

You are doing an awsome job of leading your marriage out of trouble! hurray I assure you your wife will appreciate that you lovingly fought for your marriage when her fog wears off. What you have done by going Rambo on the affair was show true love for your wife. You are showing her that you are man enough to fight for your marriage.

Exposure 101

THG12 #2447813 12/01/10 01:26 PM
M
M

Oh, well. I guess she blew all of that, didn't she. Now she'll have to find another job and other friends. Sorry 'bout that, WW.
cool

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Thanks again MelodyLane and everyone else for your insights.

THG12 #2447818 12/01/10 01:55 PM
P
P
If they would have let her go instead of getting her to sign the 'paper', it would be SO much better now.

Casually ask WW if she consulted an attorney before she signed a document that basically admits she committed a felony in your state.

WW will go: "What are you talking about?"

Then, just say: "Under WI Statute 944.16, adultery is a class 1 felony. They tricked you."

Then say: "I'm going to the kitchen, can I bring you anything back? Tea?"

Right now, WW is suffering under the delusion that the company is looking out for her.
Start poking holes in her delusion.

THG12 #2447819 12/01/10 01:57 PM
P
P
Thanks again MelodyLane and everyone else for your insights.

Mel is helping you like a laser guided missile.
Follow her guidance, especially when it conflicts with other advice you might get, including mine.
cool

THG12 #2447820 12/01/10 01:58 PM
M
M
We were so close. If they would have let her go instead of getting her to sign the 'paper', it would be SO much better now. As it stands we will probably have to go through a seperation and hope that she sees the light while living away from her home during the holidays.

THG, you've got to understand a few things: your WW's employer CANNOT FIRE HER. That would be WRONGFUL TERMINATION, which is a lawsuit no-brainer.

AND: It doesn't matter if she signed the Declaration of Independence! A lawyer would chew that up and spit that out! NO, I take that back: A lawyer would use that as evidence that the company was aware that your WW had probable cause for a suit and badgered the "poor little employee" to sign away her rights. Juries just hate that sh*t.

No, you have the legal high ground, here. And the company's attorneys know it. They're also feeling pretty good right now because they figure that you'll go away quietly, with the knowledge that you and your WW are assuming that she signed away her rights. NOT.

Attorney. Post-haste.

D-Day 2-10-2009

T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
I love the potato chip and tea comments. How do I get that frame of mind back, when dealing with this topic? I know she is a terrorist not the mother of my children.

My parents divorced when I was 18. I ended up dropping out of high school and making my road to my current successful career much longer than it needed to be. Divorce is the one thing that I never wanted to put my children through. So I have been enabling the WW in her efforts to have both. I know that.

THG12 #2447834 12/01/10 02:51 PM
M
M
I love the potato chip and tea comments. How do I get that frame of mind back, when dealing with this topic? I know she is a terrorist not the mother of my children.

My parents divorced when I was 18. I ended up dropping out of high school and making my road to my current successful career much longer than it needed to be. Divorce is the one thing that I never wanted to put my children through. So I have been enabling the WW in her efforts to have both. I know that.

Now, THG. No history-gazing, okay? naughty You, sir, have been a MARRIAGE WARRIOR in this whole thing! If I had a hat I would tip it to you!

I told you before: it can be exasperating with newly betrayeds because they just...won't...listen! crazy They get mired in the whole counter-intuitive business and can't get on board with exposure and what to do next. Your thread is going to be one that newbies can look at as a way to do it 'right'!

Keep it up! clap

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
Casually ask WW if she consulted an attorney before she signed a document that basically admits she committed a felony in your state.

WW will go: "What are you talking about?"

Then, just say: "Under WI Statute 944.16, adultery is a class 1 felony. They tricked you."

Then say: "I'm going to the kitchen, can I bring you anything back? Tea?"

Right now, WW is suffering under the delusion that the company is looking out for her.
Start poking holes in her delusion.

Oh, my, my, my. What a nice catch, Pep! clap

D-Day 2-10-2009

T
THG12 Offline OP
OP Offline
T
OK, no history gazing. Looking out for myself and toward the future.

THG12 #2447839 12/01/10 02:59 PM
J
J
((hugs))
Stay Strong.
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
Page 6 of 11 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 312 guests, and 86 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation