Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
J
J
The only thing you ruined was her affair, not your chance. Keep up the pressure. Your only goal right now is to establish NC between her and OM by any means necessary. That is what exposure is for. Your kids should know too. Also, you need to finish your exposure in one fell swoop. Each time you expose, it is going to piss her off all over again. You need to get in done in one shot, so it doesn't keep pissing her off. WW's usually get over exposure in 2-3 weeks. That is, unless you slowly keep exposing instead of all at once.

Maybe you need to call the theater director and tell him, "listen, I know someone is banging my wife. Which one is it?" The people in the group probably have their suspicions.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
R
rpg Offline OP
OP Offline
R
FB is telling me to slow down, and she just un-friended me. I do have to say that it is very heartbreaking to send all these messages.

You are correct, she said she's done with the marriage and there is no chance to reconcile only to come right back and say that NOW I've ruined any chances.

Will definitely contact the theater.

Me: BH
Her: WW
D-day: 14 Nov 10 (EA+PA)
Married for 12 years, 4 kids.
T
T
Normal WW response. Also jwmc said you need to get all the exposre done ASAP. So keep exposing.

M
M
Originally Posted by rpg
FB is telling me to slow down, and she just un-friended me. I do have to say that it is very heartbreaking to send all these messages.

Copy and paste all her friends and his friends in a WORD doc for safekeeping.

You are correct, she said she's done with the marriage and there is no chance to reconcile only to come right back and say that NOW I've ruined any chances.

They ALL say that!

Will definitely contact the theater.

Good man! Did you find the OM's parents on his facebook list of friends?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
rpg Offline OP
OP Offline
R
People are starting to repost my letter in their FB statuses. Yikes.
OMXW(?) is sharing info about the OM.

OM parents are not on FB.
And WW said she'll have divorce papers ready for me to sign when I come home.

M
M
Originally Posted by rpg
People are starting to repost my letter in their FB statuses. Yikes.
OMXW(?) is sharing info about the OM.

Great!! This sounds like it is going well.

Tell her you won't be signing anything, thank you. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

J
J
Originally Posted by rpg

She's just trying to punish you for ruining her affair and not doing as she told you to do. She can't control you anymore, and she's trying to puff her chest out and act like she's still in control.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
M
M

Uh-huh. That'll get her nothing. Tell her you're only goal is to save your M, not sign divorce papers.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
H
90% of what a WW will say is all bluffing. Divorce papers aren�t simply there for you to sign unless she thinks she�s just going to draft things up and have you sign and agree to all her terms. I have news for her. It aint going to happen.

Let her know you�re not signing anything. There won�t be an amicable divorce if there is a divorce. Make that clear to her.

Also let her know that you will pursue charges of adultery and will subpoena the OM to testify about the affair. Will that happen? Not likely, but she doesn�t know that because most people don�t know the law.

Also let her know that if she does this that you will pursue full custody of the kids and will expect child support from her.

In other words, paint divorce as a nasty path she doesn�t want to go down.

Let her know you want to save your marriage instead of going down that path.

All of that being said:

I went through this as you are going through it, except that I didn�t know about things while I was deployed. I didn�t find out until I got home. I was emotionally crushed and devastated. You at least aren�t going into this blind and the best thing I see is that you�re not afraid of ticking her off, which is very good.

Don�t assume anything. Men get custody of kids when they play their cards right. Women win custody so often because men very often don�t fight for it or walk away. You can make it clear to her that you�re not that kind of man.

R
rpg Offline OP
OP Offline
R
both OM and WW have deleted their FB pages.
OM is pleading to his XW that he didn't do anything with WW after he was confronted by XW.
WW is adamant that I got the wrong OM, but she admitted to sleeping with OM to other people already.

WW called and started reading D-papers to me so she can fill them out. frown

J
J
Originally Posted by rpg

She's just trying to get a rise out of you.

No affair = no reason to get divorced.

Don't engage in conversation about divorce with her. Just tell her this:

"Listen, I don't want a divorce. I think we can work out our marriage. If you still want to go through divorce, I will fight you all the way and it will get nasty. I will counterfile on grounds of adultery, I will call you and OM to testify, I will fight for full custody, and will fight you on every last dime even if it makes us both go broke. I will not lie over and take this. I will fight you all the way. Now that you know where I stand, we don't need to talk about this anymore because I'm not going to budge.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
M
M
Originally Posted by rpg
both OM and WW have deleted their FB pages.
OM is pleading to his XW that he didn't do anything with WW after he was confronted by XW.
WW is adamant that I got the wrong OM, but she admitted to sleeping with OM to other people already.

Oh, baloney. She printed some garbage off the internet. Trust me, if she's actually gone to an attorney there is NO WAY she'd be reading anything to you right now. You'd be hearing from her attorney.
rpg: "WW, I have zero interest in hearing this, so you can stop reading it to me now. But I am excited to talk about the great marriage we can have."
WW: AND I GET 100% SUPPORT AND ALL THE TIME I WANT WITH THE KIDS AND YOU HAVE TO BUY ME A PONY!
rpg: "WW, I have zero interest in hearing this, so you can stop reading it to me now. But I am excited to talk about the great marriage we can have."
WW: Oh, SHUT UP about our great marriage! Our marriage SUCKS! You've been cruel abusive mean unavailable fill in the blank!"

Repeat as necessary.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
"I don't talk divorce, let's talk MARRIAGE."

grin

Interchange with the above quotes as necessary.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
t/j MB, can I get a pony too. end t/j

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
t/j MB, can I get a pony too. end t/j
Darn it. I KNEW this was going to happen. Okay, you can have a pony, but that's IT. No other posters are allowed to have ponies!
dance2

D-Day 2-10-2009

R
rpg Offline OP
OP Offline
R
I used a slightly modified version of jmw's paragraph and followed it up with saying how I will fight for us and for the family. That one day she'll be thankful that I didn't give up so easily. And reminded her of all the support that's waiting for her through myself, her family and friends.

When WW's sister stopped by to check up on her, WW ran away and hasn't returned yet. This sucks.

A
A
rpg keep at it. I was like your WW .... right now she can't bear to hear another person say she is WRONG ... or think about what you are doing to save the m,,, she doesn't want to think about it because that means she will have to start facing what she has done. So she won't for a while.... chip away at the wall.

she really doesn't know why everyone is "picking" on her - I mean isn't it all "YOUR" fault ??? if in doubt just ask her MrRollieEyes

Honestly I don't know how my family put up with me ... but thankfully they did.

however rpg don't you dare EVER blame yourself for her affair she chose it as did I in my case.

take care rpg

t/j M /bliss I don't want a pony, I mean who needs one? think No..... I want ..... a HORSEY!!!!!!!!!!! named Sparkles flirt t/j

Life may feel as if you are constantly getting kicked on a daily basis, living is about picking yourself up each day and going on and on and on regardless.

R
rpg Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Yes, WW does blame me for everything that went wrong with the marriage. I'm trying to get her to focus on the nice things in our past, but she won't acknowledge it.
I hope WW can calm down enough to talk to me normal by the time I get home.

J
J
Originally Posted by rpg
Yes, WW does blame me for everything that went wrong with the marriage. I'm trying to get her to focus on the nice things in our past, but she won't acknowledge it.
I hope WW can calm down enough to talk to me normal by the time I get home.

She won't acknowledge anything until their is NC w/ OM for at least 2-3 months. Don't waste your time and energy trying to get through to your WW. Spend your time and energy killing her affair and establishing NC. Only then will anything be able to improve.

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
R
rpg Offline OP
OP Offline
R
Originally Posted by aussieswife
she really doesn't know why everyone is "picking" on her - I mean isn't it all "YOUR" fault ??? if in doubt just ask her MrRollieEyes

I don't quite follow.

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 473 guests, and 79 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation