Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12
P
P
Might be a nice surprise. Just remember why you are doing it. You're doing it because you are concerned and want to help, not to make her take notice and say hey Look at what Bob did! She may indeed say that but lets leave that up to her.

Can you involve your kids to help as well? Might see if you can make a game of it with them too. I do this with my girls all the time!

Me - 46
Wife - 43
2 x DD
Married 18 yrs - known each other for 22 yrs
Woke up 12/2009 and realized I was an idiot for neglecting my WIFE!
T
OP Offline
T
Well we all went over and they vacuumed the floors after I did, but we've been done since before I wrote my last post. I do try and involve them. The other night when she came by to pick up the kids, they took home a plate of brownies I let them make for her and them.

Since I'm aware of my need for praise, I'm more conscience of my reasoning for doing these acts and expect nothing in return. I actually feel satisfaction just for doing something nice. She thanks me for individual acts and so she's fulfilling that EN for me. If she doesn't, then so be it, I hope it helped or brought her and the kids some joy.

P
P
Good to hear TexasBob!

I too do these things because I honestly know my wife is tired at the end of a day and appreciates the work. Even if she does not say it often. I'm just happy to give of myself where I can and it does rub off on my kids.

Don't make any mention of it to her when she gets back. If she mentions it - just say hey - it was a joint effort between me and the girls.

Me - 46
Wife - 43
2 x DD
Married 18 yrs - known each other for 22 yrs
Woke up 12/2009 and realized I was an idiot for neglecting my WIFE!
C
C
-admiration
-honesty and openness
-conversation
-financial support
-family commitment

So before you went out to destroy your marriage, which ones were you not meeting?

T
OP Offline
T
The last one. Gosh, you really want to drive the point home. I think I along with everyone else in my life knows I'm about as valuable as dirt and even dirt has more worth than me for the pain I've inflicted on my innocent wife.

Last edited by TexasBob; 12/17/10 05:56 PM.
S
S
Originally Posted by TexasBob
The last one. Gosh, you really want to drive the point home. I think I along with everyone else in my life knows I'm about as valuable as dirt and even dirt has more worth than me for the pain I've inflicted on my innocent wife.

Well, how are YOU gonna fix that? HINT: It has NOTHING to do with your WIFE and if you remain married.

I was just talking to my 2 sons in my bed this morning(they come in every morning and wake me up). My WH, their FATHER left 1 year ago tomorrow. I asked them if there is ever a way to fix your mistakes. At first, they said, "No." Then I told them that there ARE ways that people can fix their mistakes. The BEST way to do that is to NEVER do that again. You would also show remorse and you would do whatever you needed to try to make it better for the person you wronged. I told them that you can't change what you did, but you CAN change what you WILL DO. So WHAT WILL YOU DO?

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
C
C
@Texas -

You are not dirt. You are a WS. That means that you've made mistakes. You have to own it.

The real question for us are you willing to change your life and learn from your mistake. Are you going to do what it takes.

Man, your children need a good father. It always comes down to the kids.

So what will you do?

Page 12 of 12 1 2 10 11 12

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,079 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation