Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 52 of 52 1 2 50 51 52
C
OP Offline
C
Hypothetically speaking, if a 48 year old divorced woman with average to lesser home remodeling skills, living with and working for her adultery partner stolebait suddenly announces to her daughter that she is seeking to reinvest her money by purchasing her own house on the Colorado prairie so that, �there�s a place for all the people who come down to visit me to stay and party�, which house should she select?

House 1: A small farmhouse on 40 acres that has been abandoned for 2-years, vandalized multiple times up to and including the removal of all of the house�s copper piping.

or

House 2: A small farmhouse on a few acres that has been on the market and empty for two years after a significant electrical fire.

The hypothetical answer is she would put a bid on House 2 as House 1 was, �Just a little too run down.�

Of course nobody knows a 48 year old divorced adulteress that stupid right?

In other news the karma bus strikes again. Me. Once more. My 34 year old clay main line to the sewer separated and collapsed 9� under my front yard garden. $6,500 and a swath of destruction through my 7-year old perennial garden later I can flush the toilets and do laundry again. Oh, but the dryer died too. I guess I got off a little lucky as the original estimate was $8K and included tearing out part of my driveway. Fortunately, the locaters were off some and no cement repair work was needed.

I must have put a whoopee cushion on Zeus�s throne in another life. Zeus, if you listening, I'm sorry man!

I told DD22 it look's like another imaginary Christmas for us. sigh

Last edited by chrisner; 10/06/10 03:24 PM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
J
J
Why would WxW need a house of her own when OM already has one? Perhaps he needs a little more "space"? And who exactly are all these people that come down to visit her?

Jim

BS - 32 (me)
FWW - 33
Married 8/31/03
No kids (but 3 cats)
D-Days - 8/25/06 (EA), 11/3/06 (PA)
NC agreed to - 11/8/06
NC broken - 11/28/06, 12/16/06, 1/18/07, 1/26/07, 1/27/07
Status - In Recovery
Jim's Story
W
W
Of course nobody knows a 48 year old divorced adulteress that stupid right?

I have no idea who you must be talking about - hypothetically, that is.

Poor, poor WayZ.

I and I agree with jim - who are all these people coming down to party?

She's 48 - who "partys" enough to need a house specifically for that purpose.

I wanna believe she is getting kicked out of Gollums (or leaving him)

In other news the karma bus strikes again. Me. Once more. My 34 year old clay main line to the sewer separated and collapsed 9� under my front yard garden.

That isnt karma, friend. It's Murphy's Law.

L
L
Chris:

What happened to the "Bulldozer Barn"?

Did it get sold? And WZ move to G's house?

LG

C
OP Offline
C
Hey LG!

Bulldozer Barn sold around a year ago according to DD. The house is still under the city's scrape zone plan but CDOT is still doing their environmental study so now it�s the new owner�s problem. The city's approved proposal (deeply hidden in their web site) was kind of sneaky and allowed people in the area to sell homes without a disclosure about the plan as the plan cannot get full approval until the environmental study is done and CDOT agrees to work with the city. I�m not sure WayZ ever knew or believed she was in the scrape zone anyway.

Wayzilla quit her job and moved to Mordor Springs to live with Gollum sometime in August or September last year.

WayZ told DD that at least one of the employees at the western wear emporium does not like her at all. He is a guy that has worked there years before Gollum bought the place and I guess he is not taken at all with the boss�s skinny ho. Lots of conflict I guess. There are two other women that work there too. I wonder who hired them, what they look like and how old they are? DD says every time WayZ is in Denver for lunch with her and xMIL she flees back to Mordor Springs to be there before the store closes like a vampire running from sunrise.

Originally Posted by Cowgirl
And I agree with jim - who are all these people coming down to party?

She's 48 - who "partys" enough to need a house specifically for that purpose.

I wanna believe she is getting kicked out of Gollums (or leaving him)

Nah, she would come back to Denver to be closer to xIL's and idiot xBIL. And no. No one will be going down there to visit.

I have to guess that THEY decided to use HER money to buy and flip distressed properties but that�s a pretty speculative and chancy venture to get into. I knew a couple guys who were pretty successful doing this in Denver but they had a little more to offer than WayZ and Gollum. First of all, they have brains. They also were expert home remodelers and did all the work quickly by themselves. They would work 12 hour days, 7 days a week to renovate these places. You can�t make any money if you have to hire contractors for the work and Gollum�s commitment to his store won�t allow him to help much. Crazy.

DGS agrees with you that something is happening. She thinks he is encouraging her to do this to alleviate his guilt that she has no place to go when he dumps for a newer model soon after. But what does he care if that place is a burned out pipeless dump miles from anything on the prairie?

It's Murphy's Law.

Murphy? Who is this Murphy? I would like to meet up with this Murphy in a dark alley with my Louisville Slugger.

Last edited by chrisner; 10/07/10 11:59 AM.

Testosterone boys! Testosterone! It ain’t just for nose, ear and back hair anymore!
L
L
It's Murphy's Law.
Originally Posted by C'ner
Murphy? Who is this Murphy? I would like to meet up with this Murphy in a dark alley with my Louisville Slugger.

Why would you wanna beat on Murphy? He was the optimist of the group.

The more interesting problem is when Way-Z comes to call after being thrown out by Gollum.

Or, how she shows up at DD22 front door, needing "someplace" to go....

You can make money by Rehabbing and "flipping" houses in a RISING houseing market. You get killed when its flat.

LG

C
OP Offline
C
Why would you wanna beat on Murphy? He was the optimist of the group.
Maybe that explains my bad Karma? You got $6,500 I could borrow?

You can make money by Rehabbing and "flipping" houses in a RISING houseing market. You get killed when its flat.
True enough, and there is such a glut of foreclosed homes on the market some experts think it will take 18-months or more to clear them from the market.

But really why would single woman be bidding on a fire scarred dump on the prairie when she already has a nice place with a newly remodeled $24K kitchen and an antique farm wagon in the back yard?

Last edited by chrisner; 10/07/10 12:22 PM. Reason: I spell like a 7-year old.

B
B
Originally Posted by chrisner
But really why would single woman be bidding on a fire scarred dump on the prairie when she already has a nice place with a newly remodeled $24K kitchen and an antique farm wagon in the back yard?

So the farm wagon will have someplace it feels more at home? Because WayZ will feel more at home? After all, she traded down for OM, why not trade down on houses, too?

B
B

This is like asking the question Why do we always end up with a pile of socks that have no match when we know there was a complete pair put into the laundry basket?

It defies logic in the same way Waywards actions defy logic.

I'm with Foxx, that perhaps there WayZ is needing a future escape route when the Mordor Springs free ride comes to an abrupt end. Convince Gollom to fix this up as an 'investment' so it's ready for her when the time comes? Espeically with the market what it is, there's plenty of time for her to complete whatever evil plan is in the works.

Who knows, maybe she has a contractor boyfriend who will be hired to do the work. Double bonus for WayZ.

So sorry to hear of your household issues, Chris. I will never understand how or why it is that when one thing breaks, it seems to inspire other things to go at the same time.

Well, you know that the greatestest gift you and DD have is what you give to each other on a daily basis - a healthy, supportive, loving relationship. No price tag can be put on that!

BS (me)
ExWS -Drac
DD 9
DSS 15
D Day 11/06
Divorced 10/01/07

"You Can't Fix Stupid" - My Mom
C
C
Originally Posted by chrisner
a 48 year old divorced woman with average to lesser home remodeling skills

reinvest

House 1: A small farmhouse on 40 acres that has been abandoned for 2-years, vandalized multiple times up to and including the removal of all of the house�s copper piping.

House 2: A small farmhouse on a few acres that has been on the market and empty for two years after a significant electrical fire.

rotflmao rotflmao rotflmao

BS - me 56
XWH - 57

12/25/06 - Dday - WH promised NC. Plan A in effect. Thought we were in recovery.

6-3-07 - Dday#2 Found out NC never took place and A never ended. Found MB NC promised again, but WH would not write NC letter.

9/07 - Dday #3. Still lying and sneaking around. Plan B implemented
WH wants nothing to do with me

Divorced as of 12/09 after 36 years
H
H
chrisner,

What's happening? How is life? How is DGS? Who is DD22? How is coaching?

Page 52 of 52 1 2 50 51 52

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation