Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17
X
Xau Offline
X
Make sure you expose to his co-workers, no one likes a cheat. If his parents are involved this will pop your wifes bubble of happy ever after. If you do meet them do not discuss your relationship with your wife, all that is discussed is his interference in your marriage and his abuse of his senior position to take advantage of her. Have evidence ready including her admission, refer to the MB programme to recover a marriage ensure they know the marriage cannot recover while the affair is in progress. If they mention the divorce enlighten them this occurred after you let them know, she is in the fantasy and fog land.

See a good lawyer, be calm and ensure she knows you will be fighting for your marriage. A good legal head will counter file and make life for her and the OM very uncomfortable.

Do not be despondent this does happen, so stay on track.

Last edited by Xau; 01/16/11 12:59 PM. Reason: typo's
M
M
Originally Posted by Xau
if they mention the divorce enlighten then his occured after you let them know as she is in the fantasy and fog land.

Agree. Be sure and emphasize over and over again that THE AFFAIR LED TO THE SEPARATION AND YOU ARE TRYING TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

G
G
Illinois is an alienation of affection state. GF

Marriages don't fail, people do. (And I don't recall who said it)
M
M
Originally Posted by abc098
She truly filed..got a lawyer and everything...it was after I told the OM I was gonna expose him at work..must've scared her

I did expose to her bosses, coworkers, and her friends that she speaks to on a regular basis

I had mailed his parents a letter and I got an email this morning that they flew from across the country to speak to their son to stop having the affair. I emailed them to meet, see what happens.

I decided against messaging all his facebook friends...the yield will be pretty low...and it seems like he pretty much hangs out with his coworkers so should be good enough i think
Someone correct me if I'm wrong: isn't it the law that a defendant has to be served with divorce papers? Don't they have to be delivered and signed for?

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

X
Xau Offline
X
Indeed I to thought divorce papers had to have a signed receipt, get a good lawyer just in case. Play hardball your sole focus is to save your marriage.

Last edited by Xau; 01/16/11 05:02 PM.
M
M
That is very odd.. I have NEVER heard of divorce papers being left under the door. That is why I asked if they were REAL.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H
You get served with divorce papers, they don't get put under your door. The BEST and most underhanded thing you can do is pretend you didn't get them. THAT is why people get served.

They aren't put under your door.

This all stinks of a "do it yourself" divorce and she's hoping you fall for it.

I would get a lawyer, counterfile on grounds of adultery, and sue the other man for alienation of affection. TAKE big time advantage of that.

A
abc098 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I was just re-reading an earlier post about empathy and how I didn't have empathy for her when she was crying out for help and asking for marriage counseling. I agree. She's one of these people that cries during any argument and I think eventually I started becoming numb to it. And arguing for me was always cathartic for me so I was able to get everything out, while she always held everything in. She did tell me what was troubling her, but I never listened. The things we have to go through to learn our lessons...

I will be calling lawyers in the AM and plan on countersuing for adultery and try to sue the other man for alienation of affection. She also lied about how long we've been separated probably to speed up the time period to get divorced so gotta challenge that as well.

H
H
You're doing the right things to protect yourself, but this doesn't ring true. You have to be served with D papers. Things don't just get slipped under doors.

If she asks you, deny.

A
abc098 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
24 hours since I exposed..no angry email or anything from her...hope somebody says something to her

A
abc098 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
received email from their boss...he referred to a level higher..we'll see what happens

M
M
24 hours since I exposed..no angry email or anything from her...hope somebody says something to her
Ohhh. NOW the D papers under the door make sense. That's her shot back at you for exposing. Well done, abc. You hit a nerve. clap

D-Day 2-10-2009

H
H
Lawyers don't turn things around that quickly. Seriously, this is all a false game. There is no official D filed unless you get served.

Just pretend you didn't get them. In fact, perhaps you can call and say hi and act like nothing has happened.

If she confronts and asks about papers, you say, "I haven't been served with papers, so I don't know what you're talking about."

If she presses, say it again.

M
M
ITA with HTLD. This is your WW's response to your exposure. There is no attorney. There are no D papers. The process just doesn't work that fast. She's being questioned and is pissed. Good job on exposure.

D-Day 2-10-2009

M
M
I agree. There is something very funny about those "divorce" papers. I bet if you consult a lawyer he can easily see if papers were actually filed.

I think it was a RUSE to shut you up.

Exposure 101

G
G
received email from their boss...he referred to a level higher..we'll see what happens
Ignore his messages. He's wetting his pants & beads of sweat are forming on his forehead as he sees his career potentially beginning to spiral around a porcelain bowl. Let him wet & wait. Don't get involved in back-n-forth exchanges with him that give away your game plan. You want him wondering & worrying about when the next shoe is going to drop on his head.

M
M
abc, there may be a way you can find out more about the authenticity of these papers. Your county may have a website for domestic court cases (most do, anymore.) Go online and google your county and state, and add 'domestic cases.' Type your name in the box. If it's been filed you'll see it.

I still think it's fake and is your WW being pissed.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 01/16/11 08:37 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009

A
abc098 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
she filed the papers on 1/12 with a real lawyer..i don't know why they put it under the door but i'll be talking to lawyer tomorrow

still no response from wife about exposures...

A
abc098 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
she took down all our pictures together on facebook, changed her last name back to maiden name frown

can anyone point me to any success stories that have similar stories to ours?? i know this stuff takes time but still... thanks

T
T
she took down all our pictures together on facebook, changed her last name back to maiden name frown

can anyone point me to any success stories that have similar stories to ours?? i know this stuff takes time but still... thanks

Normal WW response to rage after exposure. Sit back and watch how crazy she will react. All bluster on her part.

You see WW is an addict and you have taken away her source of addiction. All addicts will rage so they get their source back in your WW case her OM.

Sit tight all BH's o through this. Hurts to put iodine on a cut. You have just poured the whole bottle on WW affair. Stings as it kills the affair germs.

Page 6 of 17 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 16 17

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation