Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
He will attempt to break Plan B when he sees the hammer you bring down on him. He won�t be able to believe that you�re coming at him guns blazing, are trying to fleece him financially, and are filing on grounds of adultery.

He�ll be very surprised that you�re being so bold when you�ve been so mild so far. I tell you this because there was shock when I finally grew a set and started fighting back.

Stick to your Plan B. Stay dark. Don�t let him break your resolve.
Well, he's known for quite a while that I'd come back on him for adultery, but I don't think he's done the numbers and understands the financial costs of what he's doing. He won't be able to retire for years!

I am going to stick to my dark Plan B. I believe that it's my only hope. He has recently said to my sister that he enjoys talking to me. He's always expressed the hope that we could remain friends. (Not very damn likely!) I'm planning on not attending any events that DS has (weekly bowling league, bowling tournaments, even piano recitals!) so that I won't be in contact with him. I finally understand--let OW be everything for him so that he can realize that she's nothing he needs. Or so I hope.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
B
B
Just remember Plan B is for you, not him. Don't expect anything, it is for you to preserve any love that you have left for him.

Hang in there, you're doing great! Hopefully you can eventually go to your DS's events w/o it affecting you. I would had to have you miss out on things in his life over a fogged out WH!

Best,

Me-49, WH-51
Married 02/1983 yrs, Sons - 27, 26, 20
1st PA - 1985, 1st known EA - 1992/1993
2nd PA - 06/02 to 11/04
1st D-day - 09/03, D-day 2 - 10/04 D-day 3 05/08
NC e-mail - 11/04- it wasn't real
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by beginagain
Just remember Plan B is for you, not him. Don't expect anything, it is for you to preserve any love that you have left for him.

Hang in there, you're doing great! Hopefully you can eventually go to your DS's events w/o it affecting you. I would had to have you miss out on things in his life over a fogged out WH!

Best,
Thanks, beginagain. I do know that Plan B is for me, but can't seem to help having expectations. If I had no hopes, I wouldn't have any love either. Not going to DS's events is a way of preserving my love. It's also the best way to give WH a taste of the life of a divorced dad and husband. This will be a very dark Plan B.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
Originally Posted by lousygolfer
P.S. Scotty and H&G:

Don't buy any lottery tickets, unless you are ready to split the pot...

LG

I don't buy lottery tickets often, and if I were to win, "I" wouldn't be the one to win, KWIM? grin

Thanx for better explaining. I misunderstood how you phrased it and I was worried that others may have too. end t/j

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
H&G(every time I type that I think of Proctor and Gamble P&G).

ITA with you staying away from events that you KNOW that WH would also attend. You are doing the right thing for you. It sucks, but you can't trust anyone else to take care of you but YOU. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Scotty, I'm just glad no one has written HaG. I don't think I could handle that. laugh

S
S
GOOD GRAVY THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN FUNNY. HAHAHAHAHA. I may have been the first one to call you H&G so we may have dodged a bullet there. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Scotty, I believe you were the first to write H&G, too. I felt relieved when I saw it. smile

I've had a very good (dare I say GREAT) day. Schools let out early because of snow. I did something very good for a student. I got some more paperwork from the lawyer (deposition questions for WH)--the legal profession must be responsible for more use of paper than any other. Thirty pages! School has been cancelled for tomorrow! And, finally, I've been reading damnyouautocorrect (note--racy, NSFW) and laughing out loud for the first time since D-Day.

WH called DS and I was not even tempted to answer. Progress!

H
H
Originally Posted by HopeandGrace
Scotty, I believe you were the first to write H&G, too. I felt relieved when I saw it. smile

I've had a very good (dare I say GREAT) day. Schools let out early because of snow. I did something very good for a student. I got some more paperwork from the lawyer (deposition questions for WH)--the legal profession must be responsible for more use of paper than any other. Thirty pages! School has been cancelled for tomorrow! And, finally, I've been reading damnyouautocorrect (note--racy, NSFW) and laughing out loud for the first time since D-Day.

WH called DS and I was not even tempted to answer. Progress!

That is serious progress Hope! You are so strong. How good does it feel to laugh again? Have you tried singing out loud at the top of your voice in the car, that is great. Yes we have all lost it!!

I am 2 weeks Dark, and I am a liking it A LOT.

Its all about RESPECT.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Feb 2009 - Affair starts, physical for 9 days on business trip.
Mar 2009 - Separate from H, live alone
Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jun 2009 - H physical and emotional serial A start right upto present day.
Jul 2009 - NC with OM broken and becomes EA
Mar 2010 - H reads email and discovers A
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Harmony2010
That is serious progress Hope! You are so strong. How good does it feel to laugh again? Have you tried singing out loud at the top of your voice in the car, that is great. Yes we have all lost it!!

I am 2 weeks Dark, and I am a liking it A LOT.

Its all about RESPECT.
I don't feel so strong today, but I've had too much time to think. Thinking is NOT good! So, since I'm off for a snowday, I'm getting a head start on the laundry and I'll go out in a few minutes to sweep the snow off the deck and clean off my car. Idle hands are the devil's workshop wink and if I keep busy, then those awful thoughts and doubts will go away.

S
S
Are you gonna get a bit of a workout too(other than getting rid of the snow). Lucky bugger getting a snowday. Last week, it snowed 8 inches and all they did was cancel the buses. Today it is FREEZING but SUNNY.

It definitely sucks to have time to think. I am glad that you recognize it and are trying to keep your mind occupied. I do want to remind you that you DO need to grieve. You need to let yourself cry every once in a while. You need to allow yourself to get angry. Punch a pillow and yell everything at your WH that you wish you could say to his face. Let it out.

t/j Harmony, I know right. I told my friends that I sometimes feel like that crazy lady, walking down the street, talking to herself, because sometimes, I AM. end t/j

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
Originally Posted by Scotland
Are you gonna get a bit of a workout too(other than getting rid of the snow).

gotta laugh, poor old Hope, I started that excercise thing and no one is letting you off the hook. So........ toe tap

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
OP Offline
H
Are you gonna get a bit of a workout too(other than getting rid of the snow). Lucky bugger getting a snowday. Last week, it snowed 8 inches and all they did was cancel the buses. Today it is FREEZING but SUNNY.
Workout? I came in from sweeping the deck and cleaning my car off with my heart pounding while I gasped for breath. I was ready to pass out! faint BTW, Eight inches of snow would shut down my state for a week. How the heck are students supposed to get to school if they cancel buses? think

It definitely sucks to have time to think. I am glad that you recognize it and are trying to keep your mind occupied. I do want to remind you that you DO need to grieve. You need to let yourself cry every once in a while. You need to allow yourself to get angry. Punch a pillow and yell everything at your WH that you wish you could say to his face. Let it out.
Telling me to let myself cry is like telling a dark cloud it needs to rain--it happens, whether I want it to or not. smile I do try to do it when DS is gone or when I'm in the shower. Sometimes I drive down the road, cussing a blue streak at WH for all the pain he has caused and is causing me. My therapist (counselor? I can never decide what to call her.) says I'll continue cycling through the stages of grief for some time to come. She has encouraged me to stay in Plan B (though she doesn't call it that) so that I can begin to heal my heart and WH gets a taste of life on his own as a divorced man. She says (and I'm sure all will agree) that I'm so emotional about everything that's gone on for the past few months, that I need to pull back and take a break from the drama. Sounds so familiar, doesn't it? My therapist has nothing on the caring people here--you all beat her to the punch by a couple of months. Maybe others here will read this and learn from it. You all do know what you're talking about!

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Harmony2010
Are you gonna get a bit of a workout too(other than getting rid of the snow).

gotta laugh, poor old Hope, I started that excercise thing and no one is letting you off the hook. So........ toe tap
rant2 I'm going to get a passport and get on a plane to jolly ole England and pummel you!:D You two young ladies need to respect me--I'm old enough to be the mama of both of you! naughty

Seriously, I'll get off the couch soon. I hate walking in my neighborhood (steep hills!). Maybe I'll get to work earlier and walk around the university campus that it's near. When it's warmer than below-freezing every single day. wink

H
OP Offline
H
I am so angry at myself.

WH took DS to dinner and didn't come in the house, as he always has in the past. I was happy! Two hours later, they were still not home. In the past, when I called, WH gave DS the phone to answer. This time he didn't--said "Hello" to which I said "DS, please." He immediately gave DS the phone but I was upset that I spoke to him. I should have just hung up.

That was bad enough but it gets worse.

DS told me they would be home in a few minutes. I told him to tell his dad that he had some mail. DS comes in the house. I had moved the mail by the front door, but he didn't see it. The front door was closed, so I went in that room and gave DS the mail, thinking WH was still in his car. DS opens the door and there stands WH. Darn it all! He said thanks and "Hello, H&G." in a friendly voice. I muttered hello and left the room.

DARK Plan B since Jan. 10 and I flushed it all away twice tonight. frown

I am so upset with myself. frown

M
M
HG, it's all right. Don't beat yourself up over it. Just learn from it and make better arrangements for next time.

All you did was show yourself how much of a difference Plan B really makes! So, get up and dust yourself off and formulate a plan for what you'll do next time.

It's okay. You're doing great. Really.

Me, BW
WH cheated in corporate workplace for many years. He moved out and filed in summer 2008.
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, Mulan. I've calmed down. I will be very careful tomorrow, when WH takes DS to get a haircut and go bowling. Guess I'll hide in my bedroom.

H
H
Like I said Hope the most difficult part of Plan B is the attempt of the WS to break it.

Make sure you seal up the gaps so there is no getting in.

Your post the other day made me chuckle so much. You gonna give me and Scotty a good hiding you know!

I'm scared now......

cry

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
H
BTW, I think you handled the phone call well.

I don't have children but I have heard that WS use the children to get to the BS.

When they do it that I hear they ask the child is it an emergency and if they say no then just simply say that we have nothing to discuss.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
OP Offline
H
Poor DS. WH picked him up at 8 to go get a haircut. DS refused to eat breakfast with WH (made sure he ate before WH got here). DS told me he didn't want to go to WH's apartment and that he was afraid that WH would take him there--he was taken there last night and saw the photos of SkankyHo that WH now has proudly placed in the living room. DS doesn't want to be with WH at all, but loves him and so goes anyway. DS will be home within half an hour. Before he left, he planned on refusing to eat lunch with his father.

I'll be in my room, playing the clock radio very loudly.

I ordered HNHN and SaA for my kindle. Sometimes I feel stuck where I am, going through a divorce I don't want, and wondering what's the use of hoping? What's the use of Plan B? I cry at times like these.

Today I have wrapped myself in my prayer shawl (gift from older DS's girlfriend, who is currently applying to divinity schools) and prayed and read Mimi's thread and prayed some more.

It's a curiosity of divorce paperwork (to me, at any rate) that all of the things the plaintiff (or counter-plaintiff that I am) asks for are in the form of prayers. Counter-plaintiff prays to be named the primary residential parent, etc.

These aren't my real prayers. I'm asking God to hold WH in His hands and bring him safely through this time. I ask God to reunite us and heal us. I ask God to heal my DS's broken heart. I ask for relief from pain and heartache.

I'm so tired of the pain. I thought I was getting better, but the divorce and last night's Plan B failure have hit me hard.

Page 4 of 32 1 2 3 4 5 6 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 295 guests, and 72 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation