Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2469325 01/28/11 02:27 PM
C
OP Offline
C
Originally Posted by Neak
...diverted into a grievance stirring.

And he saw that in coming to confront him for his deceptions and continuing betrayal, it was another manifestation of that love.

Just for the record, it is not too hard to compete with an unrepentant OP. You just have to be patient till the WS 'get it', and of course a few never do.

One more little bit of distance gained.

You can have your own dignity intact, and know you tried everything you could, but the bottom line is an A cannot be tolerated forever. You will lose yourself completely if you try.

The OP will never understand that there is a world of difference between supposed manipulations from the BS, and the BS enforcing natural consequences upon the WS.

But learning is a process we all go through in our own ways, and none of us arrived on the A scene knowing everything.

There won't be any one thing the BS can do to end the A, except just keep chipping away little by little, doing everything to make sure the A is not a comfortable place to be.

It must be nice to have blocked out so much.

He was walking out in the woods. Walking and walking. He came to a river and began to walk along the bank. Water, flowing rushing water. "Hmmmm," he thought, "I need to go pee, yes I do, and there is the river. How convenient."

The air of unreality is just, well, unreal.

Trust me, you are better company to yourself than any WS can ever be to you, so on the chance that you are alone today, thank God that you are out of the chaos for a little while and enjoy the peace.

"I forgive you."

"Daddy, what's adultery?"

I'm not over this, not even close, but have gotten fairly skillful at redirecting my thoughts into positive channels and dwelling more in the present.

I would have just turned it off and done something else.

Justice if sin is cherished, and mercy if it is forgiven and forsaken.

So it is not all bad, and not all good, and frequently both at the same time.

I have no trouble talking to him about problem stuff, or discussing just about anything under the sun, except for my pain.

I cannot stay this way, and I recognize that, but I also believe that I will get better, given more time.

I find it comforting to reread Neak's Story

D
D
Neakie (and her entire family) are the very BEST of people.

When I grow up, I'm going to be as patient and kind as Neakie-poo.

I never had to take the Kobayashi Maru test until now. What do you think of my solution?

O'hana means family, and family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.

My Story

Recovered!
T
T
Well, darling, I'm glad you're wanting to be as patient as Neak is, and not as patient as I am...which would be NOT PATIENT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tl

P
P
Originally Posted by thndrnltng
Well, darling, I'm glad you're wanting to be as patient as Neak is, and not as patient as I am...which would be NOT PATIENT AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tl

LOL!!

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
OP Offline
C
"He's not just eating cake, he's living in the cake."

N
N
blush blush blush

I would say I don't know how I missed this till now, but actually I do. I've been doing the taxes, and pretty much living in a cave for several days. I finally filed and crawled out last night just in time to go to EMT class, or "ATM class" as the Dervish calls it. rotflmao

Thank you for your kindness dear peoples. Lest there be any doubt, I am not naturally patient or good. The grace of God is available to us all in the same generous measure.

Giving credit where credit is due, the 'living in the cake' comment was Mom. grin
hug MB friends hug

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
C
OP Offline
C
He will keep trying to get to you, to *make* you respond. But he can't MAKE you do anything. It's your choice always, and you make that choice ahead of time.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (Ian T), 1,152 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation