Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 3 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 67 68
S
OP Offline
S
The ache in my stomach right now. My heart wants to explode.
Feels good to do some proactive snooping.
I hope I can drug myself to sleep tonight. If she wants SF I just can't do it. We might be about due for that.

I just keep rereading the emails I found. There are a hundred more to copy. Sooner or later one of them will confirm the PA, I just know it.

Why me? Was I that bad a husband? Really. She and her friends and siblings felt so justified to do this to our family... I am gonna be sick

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
A
A
Breathe, man, breathe.

It sounds like you might suffer from an anxiety disorder. Is that the case? I do, and as a BS, the first few days were beyond tough.

You'll make it. Breathe. See if your doctor will prescribe you Ambien or a benzodiazipine (if you have anxiety like I do, those will be LIFESAVERS.

Best wishes. Remember, there's another side - and you will get there.

I HAVE. smile And you WILL.

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
S
OP Offline
S
Breathe In / Out In / Out.

Things to do DDay plus one:
1. Call my doctor for anti-axiety meds like Ambien or a benzodiazipine
2. Call my personal therapist
3. Go to Radio Shack
4. Just keep breathing

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
S
OP Offline
S
I inquired with an Investigative service. He said wiretapping would be committing several felonies. They would not help.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

N
N
Don't forget the keylogger for her computer. You can buy it online and save it to a thumb-drive, for later installation on her machine. It will ask you to "shield" it from her security program, so you'll need a bit of time to do that. (A small recompense maybe for occasionally being up at 3am?)

S
OP Offline
S
Hey NeverGuessed or anyone else.
Why would the Investigation firm tell me that recording my home phone line or keylogging would be a wiretapping felony?

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

S
OP Offline
S
Keylogger recommendations?

Its a laptop. No keyboard. Need something with USB connection.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

M
M
Originally Posted by stretch123
Keylogger recommendations?

Its a laptop. No keyboard. Need something with USB connection.

What do you mean by no keyboard? Here is one that installed via a USB:

Stealth iBot Computer Spy � $149.00 [installed via USB port]
http://www.brickhousesecurity.com/pc-computer-spy.html?green=17483872245

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

S
OP Offline
S
Going with Webwatcher. $97. NEver need to download at 3AM. Monitor from your computer on website online.

Please explain why the betrayed spouse does not need to feel guilt about this? I am justified. Entitled. On the right side here? Just give me a pep talk please.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

S
OP Offline
S
Webwatcher is installed via online system on the target computer then you never need to go back and touch that machine. Monitor from your website that you log in.
Its invisible to the target user

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

M
M
Why would the Investigation firm tell me that recording my home phone line or keylogging would be a wiretapping felony?
Because they have to say that. Technically you need to let the other persons using the device know that there is a form of surveillance on the phone or computer in question. They will demur to install the surveillance equipment to avoid legal problems.

I skipped all that business and installed my spy stuff myself. grin

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

F
F
Stretch, I used WebWatcher. It worked just fine for me. One thing to make sure of is that if there is an anti-virus program, make sure you set it to ignore the keylogger.

Sorry you have to be here. We're the best club that no one wants to join.

Now that it's Monday, the veterans will be along to help. And help they will!

Please understand that some of the things you'll be advised to do will go against your "first instincts." Save yourself the internal struggle and just follow directions!!! Many of our first instincts do nothing more than enable an affair and push the WS away.

During the times you are waiting for feedback and advice, try to read everything you can on this site! Start with the box to the right outlined in red, called "Most Popular Links." Not only is there terrific, life- (and marriage-)saving information contained there, but without understanding the concepts, you will be at a loss to understand what you're going through, how to deal with it, and how to recover.

Buckle up. You're in for the ride of your life. But you can -- and will -- survive. We'll help you do it the fastest, way possible.

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
N
N

Probably because they didn't want to get involved in any legal complications. No idea about the wiretapping, but you can put whatever you want to on your own computer. Key word there--your computer, one that you own or purchased and not, say, a company's computer.

You're doing the right thing, you did nothing wrong.

Tell us about the cellphone. Is it one of those touchscreen phones where your wife can text and access the web? Another cellphone thing is www.mobistealth.com. They claim that they can record calls to certain numbers, but it's not guaranteed and, in my case, didn't work. But they do show texts and calls made.

Is the phone on your plan or through her employer? If all else fails, just cancel text/internet or "lose" the phone. .

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

S
OP Offline
S
The phone is a Droid. Touch screen.
I can see texts and phones. It does not lock.

The phone last year was a T Mobile simple phone. THe number has changed. I think we can no longer get those records. I am trying. WOuld help to count up the number of texts and calls to his number. Dates...etc

We used to have those records. Hard to get now that the number has changed. And the provider changed. THoughts?

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

R
R
Stretch, I can see the distress you�re in, and I feel for you because that was me not that long ago. No it isn�t you, there is nothing wrong with you. Do you think this is a bad reaction or you aren�t strong enough to handle this? You�re wrong, every BH on this board was there at one point, even the vets. No you weren�t perfect, but no one is. So you hang on, breath, eat, sleep or at least lie down and rest. Take care of yourself. Do a good job at work, even if you�re distracted as he*l. This will change and this will get better. Your wife is not going anywhere. � well she might but if she does there is a whole world of great women out there. Here�s what you do:
Keep taking the advice.
When the time comes and Mel tells you to expose DO IT. I promise you will feel better after.
Protect your kids � by acting on the advice.
Know that you are going to get past this, with or w/o your wife.

I was in your shoes five months ago. And I was the one finding excuses not to expose six weeks ago after the affair reignited. But I took action and I feel better. Not the same as before all this, just better.
BTW her enablers are very poor human beings�just my .02

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
M
M
Try the keylogger called Desktop Shark .. its free and does not alarm your antivirus.

J
J
Good job, you have every right to know what is going on with your wife, it's not alright to inappropriate relationship with members of the opposite sex while you are married, you are doing this to save your marriage. You have to have proof and then you expose the affair to everyone close to her.........that should break up the affair................then you can work on rebuilding a better marriage......

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
I
I
You can check her underwear for semen that is not yours. The semen may be quite old and it will still check out.

Google "Checkmate" as on of the home checks. Not that it matters to you but it will hold in court!

But I, being poor, have only my dreams; I have spread my dreams under your feet; Tread softly because you tread on my dreams -Yeats
A
A
Please explain why the betrayed spouse does not need to feel guilt about this? I am justified. Entitled. On the right side here? Just give me a pep talk please.

Yes, you are in the right because your WW is in the grasp of an addiction. She broke your trust, and you are doing everything you can to save your marriage. First and foremost, that means getting the truth. She is lying to you, so you HAVE to have a keylogger on to verify the real story.

You are being a warrior. Carry on, friend.

Formerly ConfuzedHusband
BH
WW (Now XW)
Married 4 years, No children.
EA/PA from 2/2008 to 5/2008.
DDay: 5/17/2008 - Separated 6/1/2008 - Filed 8/3/2008
Divorce final 3/2009.

Now in a committed relationship with a woman of character who loves me so much better and deeper than I ever dreamed possible. I had no idea what I was missing out on and am so grateful God gave me a free "second chance" at love and life.
S
OP Offline
S
DDay + 36 hours. Still breathing.

1) Told my physician. I got Ambien and Xanax.
2) Told my therapist. Went in to see him. Read all the evidence. I got mad, I cried, I broke down (takes me a while b/c I hold on to control) He said, "That was good. You are angry! Be angry! I am glad to see that. You need to be angry."
3) Recreating the Timeline with all the saved material I have
4) Going to download an undetectable keylogger tonight
5) Actually had a GREAT productive Marriage Therapy sesson this morning. How ironic. Maybe because I feel in control.
6) Actually had a great 90 minute Finance session today together. Good work for us on both.
7) Went to Radio Shack. I hate the options. Bulky, loads of chords. Seems like Voice Activated is a must if you don't have a zillion hours to waste. But it requires chorded phone.... lots of mess. Easy to discover.
8) I am developing "A PLAN" Very empowering. Planning for exposure day.
9) I am still breathing.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

Page 3 of 68 1 2 3 4 5 67 68

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 481 guests, and 59 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation