Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 9 of 32 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32
S
S
Since you are learning things from me, did you pick out a colour for your toenails yet? Are you finger nails painted too? I don't like to do them in the same colour, I find it too boring.

And we DID get our snow day. That snow is so HEAVY too. It was really hard to shovel and it seems that my wish for the magical shovelling fairy hasn't been granted. BUT they actually plowed the street, which means there is MORE HEAVY snow on my sidewalk. frown Maybe it's all a dream and I am living in SoCal or something. HAHAHAHA okay, maybe not. Besides, I don't even know WHERE SoCal IS. grin

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Scotland
Since you are learning things from me, did you pick out a colour for your toenails yet? Are you finger nails painted too? I don't like to do them in the same colour, I find it too boring.
I'm guessing that your toenails aren't the same color as your fingernails and not that you have ten different colors on your hands. That would definitely NOT be boring. laugh

And we DID get our snow day. That snow is so HEAVY too. It was really hard to shovel and it seems that my wish for the magical shovelling fairy hasn't been granted. BUT they actually plowed the street, which means there is MORE HEAVY snow on my sidewalk. frown Maybe it's all a dream and I am living in SoCal or something. HAHAHAHA okay, maybe not. Besides, I don't even know WHERE SoCal IS. grin
I'm still looking for the housecleaning fairy--she's a no-show around here. wink And I don't even have a snow shovel--I just sweep it away with a push broom.

SoCal is southern California--LA and San Diego and places like that. Not that I've ever been there--it's a long way from the southern US. And now I'm wondering if the folks from Sacramento are from NoCal....

Oh, before I take Mom to the grocery--I have some rose nail polish. I hope that's good enough for me and the good Lord. No one else will see them. wink

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
Nope, not 10 different colours, that's something I did when I was younger but us grownups need to appear more dignified. Silver on the toes with red or blue or purple on my fingers depending on the mood.

Rose nail polish will do just fine. smile Remember, you said you would do it tomorrow. wink

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
R
H&G,
Its
Norcal

S
S
Originally Posted by reading
H&G,
Its
Norcal

HAHAHA I figured that NoCal was wrong, because that's where the rest of us live. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, reading. I learned something new today. smile

Is there a middle California? TN is divided into West TN, East TN, and Middle TN. I live in Middle TN.

LOL, Scottie--It's true. Everyone else lives in NoCal.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
R
R
Central Cal

Mostly the regions are referred to as SoCal and NorCal though......

H
H
Originally Posted by HopeandGrace
Tell me about it, I'm part Italian.

Polish those toes girly. And what about new underthings? Did you buy any new ones? Are they cute? If not, you really should.
I've definitely been making myself feel good by buying new underthings--pretty, sexy underthings. Besides, I've lost so much that my drawers would be hitting the floor if I hadn't gotten smaller ones! (I hope they call panties or knickers "drawers" in other parts of the world. grin)

In limey land we call em knickers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So a you feeling a little better than a week ago Hope??

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Feb 2009 - Affair starts, physical for 9 days on business trip.
Mar 2009 - Separate from H, live alone
Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jun 2009 - H physical and emotional serial A start right upto present day.
Jul 2009 - NC with OM broken and becomes EA
Mar 2010 - H reads email and discovers A
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
OP Offline
H
I'm feeling much better, in all ways. I'm taking care of me and I'll soon put polish on my toenails so Scottie doesn't come way south and do it herself. wink

Harmony, I've been reading your thread, but haven't had time to reply. I wish my Plan B had worked to the point that my WH would come to my house, sober or drunk, to talk to me. I understand your POV, but for some of us that would be a dream come true. Take your time and think, think, think before you act. Love you!

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, reading!

H
H

I am so pleased you are starting to feel a little better Hope. It makes me happy as I know how awful it feels to be in 'that place'. Promise me that you will make 'self care' a core boundary for you. That way each week you will start to feel an improvement. Only you can create that change in feeling.

Harmony, I've been reading your thread, but haven't had time to reply. I wish my Plan B had worked to the point that my WH would come to my house, sober or drunk, to talk to me. I understand your POV, but for some of us that would be a dream come true. Take your time and think, think, think before you act. Love you!

I know how you feel, I remember the early days here when WH did not want to know me and I would read other threads where WH would want to make contact and think, if only!

Its just so strange that when I feel soo much better and actually back to my old self, that he all of a sudden wants to know again! I think they have a sixth sense. I also think its true that when they know that you are doing just fine without them, and are happy and moving on that they do a 360.

So there you go.

Your right I need to think before I act.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Apr 2009 - realise I have made big mistake and attempt reconciliation with H, establish NC with OM.
Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
M
M
Originally Posted by Harmony2010
Its just so strange that when I feel soo much better and actually back to my old self, that he all of a sudden wants to know again! I think they have a sixth sense. I also think its true that when they know that you are doing just fine without them, and are happy and moving on that they do a 360.

But Harmony, your old self is who he fell in love with in the first place.

You wrote on my thread not to mess with me..well waaaaay back(20+years I'm talking)I was no one's doormat. I don't know what happened, I don't think any of us on this board do. We live and we 'feel' the same, but when something tragic happens (like a death or A) it jumpstarts our soul. We wake up. OH MY GOSH! THIS ISN'T ME...WHERE AM I?

Hope, find yourself...your in there...take care of yourself, like Harmony said.

BS/ME 47 Met on blind date
WH 46(Alcoholic,drugs?)
DS1:18 DS2:15
1st A EA9/07 PA10/07 NC11/07
2nd A EA/PA-10/2010
Found out- 11/20/2010
He moved out-1/1/2011 same apt.cmplx as OW(&her kids)
PlanB-1/1/11(broken)
NEW PB-2/11 Taking it one day at a time

There are two kinds of people in the world: Those who say to God, "Thy will be done" and those to whom God says, "Alright then, have it your way." ~C .S.Lewis

H
H
Hi there Hope - Where are youuuuuuuu? Waiting for answers to my questions. Damn I am so impatient.

Originally Posted by mitzie
You wrote on my thread not to mess with me..well waaaaay back(20+years I'm talking)I was no one's doormat. I don't know what happened, I don't think any of us on this board do. We live and we 'feel' the same, but when something tragic happens (like a death or A) it jumpstarts our soul. We wake up. OH MY GOSH! THIS ISN'T ME...WHERE AM I?

Slight T/J going on....

Mitzie - you are joining me right up where Plan B should be, finding yourself again, gaining your self-respect and loving yourself!!!

Hope is working towards joining us in our recovery .......

Last edited by Harmony2010; 02/04/11 05:10 AM.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
H
Quote of the Day for Hope:

Johnny Cash: Aw, June, love's more important than the tour.
June Carter: Is that right?
Johnny Cash: Yes, it is.
June Carter: Well, then start loving yourself, so we can go back to work.

Get to work Hope.

Last edited by Harmony2010; 02/04/11 05:40 AM.

BW/FWW 34 (Harmony)
BH/WH 36

Jul 2010 - Discover MB
Aug 2010 - Plan A starts
Oct 2010 - Plan B starts
H
OP Offline
H
Hi, Harmony and Mitzie. I'm around, just had a busy night last night. My DD needed me, in my full capacity as her mom. Then I spoke with my sister, who has become a life coach for me. She's a Buddhist and spoke to me for some time about right actions and intentions.

WH came by to take DS to dinner and I stayed dark.

Unfortunately, toenails didn't get polished. I will try to do that tonight.

M
M
Then I spoke with my sister, who has become a life coach for me. She's a Buddhist and spoke to me for some time about right actions and intentions.

Interesting religion: Buddhism. I took a history of religion class(I think that's what it was called)and we touched upon it(Buddhism). What I got out of class, and this seems to be true of ALL religions, is that before we can know life we must first know self, especially true in Buddhist teaching. I'm sure your sister gave you great advice,most sisters do, as they know us like no other smile

You paint those toenails girl! Feel good about yourself everytime you look at those tootsies laugh

My feel good therapy is perfume. Expensive perfume, unfortunatly. But I'll tell ya, nothing lifts my spirits higher than spritzin' on some 'parfum d'jour' after my morning shower. I haven't walked through a Macy's, Nordstoms, Sephora without walking out with a bottle of something. I was going to throw WH's favorite away, but I tucked it back of my 'unmentionables' drawer...just for 'someday'.

Good you stayed dark when WH stopped by.

You should go buy yourself some perfume, something cheap maybe, something you KNOW he won't like, something sooooo NOT you and next time he's expected over to pick up DS, spray it ALL around the house.

It'll drive him crazy wondering WHY and WHO your wearing it for.

Of course it's childish and you'll have to air your house out after he leaves,(even in single digit weather) but c'mon, a girl can have a LITTLE fun can't she?? wink

S
S
Originally Posted by Harmony2010
Quote of the Day for Hope:

Johnny Cash: Aw, June, love's more important than the tour.
June Carter: Is that right?
Johnny Cash: Yes, it is.
June Carter: Well, then start loving yourself, so we can go back to work.

Get to work Hope.

Not to sound too sensitive but you know this was an affairage right? I am sensitive to these "relationships" as a BS. I have figured out that if I stopped watching TV and movies because someone had an affair, or if I stopped listening to musicians who had affairs, I would probably watch and read almost NOTHING.

Hope, I am waiting for those toes to be painted toe tap

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
R
R
Here's a Wikipedia page about Johnny's first wife
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vivian_Liberto

H
OP Offline
H
Scotty, I understand how you feel about affairages--I happened to have liked Angelina and Brad, but now, not so much. I'm from TN and there are some songs by Johnny Cash that make me get a catch in my throat, but I don't like what he and June Carter did.

Reading, did you catch the last line of your link? John Carter Cash, speaking of the harsh portrayal of Johnny's first wife in the movie about Johnny and June Carter, said the point of the movie was to portray their "romance". Yuck. Affairs are not romances.

There's lots of folks that now make me squeamish. Some I can watch, some I cannot. I used to really enjoy watching Tiger Woods play golf, but now I can't stand him.

Oh, BTW--Scotty, Harmony, and anyone else interested: MY FEET ARE COLD! My toenails are polished, but MY FEET ARE COLD. I hate having cold feet. Of course, my toenails do look nice. smile

Last edited by HopeandGrace; 02/04/11 06:56 PM. Reason: spelling (sigh)

S
S
WOOOHOOOO Toenails are ROSY. laugh

I liked Angelina BEFORE she became Brad's OW. Now, I DON'T LIKE THEM ONE BIT. They used to say that they didn't have an affair, then Angelina told someone during an interview that not all children have a movie where their parents fell in love. That was Mr and Mrs Smith. She's just a HORRIBLE human being and I believe that she does those "good things" to 1.get over her guilt, and 2.to try to make people forget what she did. I'm not forgetting.

I can't watch Frasier anymore because of that TURD Kelsey Grammer. I don't watch David Letterman anymore either. JLo, TURD. Julia Roberts, TURDx2. And when I heard that it was possible that Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds were dating, I was gonna get REALLY angry. I would have actually written to Sandra and told her about my disgust. I don't watch golf so I didn't have a problem not liking Tiger grin

Feet still cold?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 9 of 32 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation