Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
M
M
Originally Posted by TristaB
WH was not available nor single at the time Granny Ho met him,

I took this out completely because it is giving the impression that he has been available or single in the past 10 years. He has not. He has been married to you.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

R
R
Granny HO hahahahahaha love it.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
M
M
Originally Posted by Reynolds531
Granny HO hahahahahaha love it.

I like that too! grin

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

P
P
"GranHo"
rotflmao

R
R
I have this vision of 1925 era lingerie, and a glass of brandy.

Sorry its funny, I am probably triggering Trista, but I am a BS too and you have to keep your sense of humour or you're dead.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
S
S
My vision was something A LOT different than that Reynolds. It wasn't pretty I'll tell you that.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
My vision was something A LOT different than that Reynolds. It wasn't pretty I'll tell you that.

Mine either. This GranHo is only 2 years older than my mom and I believe Trista's WH is the same age as my H (or close to it)...BLECH.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
T
TristaB Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Ya, I finally came face to face with her at the airport...When I saw her, I thought to myself about H, "you are truly mental". She has had some serious plastic surgery, but it just disguises what is really under all that plastic. He says that she is beautiful and looks like Linda Evans (from Dynasty), not even close! Wow...I think if WH ever comes out of the fog he is really going to be embarrassed by all these pictures of them together.

Last edited by TristaB; 02/16/11 10:02 PM.
R
R
Let's not diss OW cause of her age.
I'd like to think that when I am that age....I'll be just as cool as I am now.

Let's just diss her cause she is a homewrecker....K?!

M
M
Originally Posted by TristaB
Ya, I finally came face to face with her at the airport...When I saw her, I thought to myself about H, "you are truly mental". She has had some serious plastic surgery, but it just disguises what is really under all that plastic. He says that she is beautiful and looks like Linda Evans (from Dynasty), not even close! Wow...I think if WH ever comes out of the fog he is really going to be embarrassed by all these pictures of them together.

Trust me, when he de-fogs he will be shocked at what he thought of her (both personality AND looks) during the A.

Trust me, trust me, trust me.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
E
E
Aw Reading, you are fabulous! And I have one woman I know who is my age (ahem...41) and is a grandma too. So I could almost (coughing and sputtering as I type this) have been one too.

You are a goddess! Age is irrelevant when you ARE A GODDESS!

Trista, btw, when I think of your GranHo, my evil and goofy mind conjures up images of something like this.

Nora Desmond-ish washed up lady from "Sunset Boulevard".
[Linked Image from corbisimages.com]
Hittin' on a younger dude. Drama Queen and living in her past.

Seriously. If I were to sent the no contact letter, I WOULD absolutely address it to "Grandma OW First name, OW Last Name". I'd let her know you aren't taking her geritol anymore!

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
M
M
Originally Posted by peachyisback
Seriously. If I were to sent the no contact letter, I WOULD absolutely address it to "Grandma OW First name, OW Last Name". I'd let her know you aren't taking her geritol anymore!

Yup...I like passive aggressively going after affairee insecurities because they are so ripe for the picking. Waywards behave like teenagers. Even the most obvious swipes at their insecurities somehow still hit their mark.

I'd suggest a dig at her money...as in, "the affair has been going on for over 2 years now and my husband just can't seem to give up the, cough, money (it ain't her looks...that's why he keeps running back to me)"

Another bonus why that may work in an exposure letter is that she has kids that want their inheritance. The last thing they want is a money grubbing YOUNGER man sniffing around their mother/aunt/cousin/sister/daughter...etc.

Mr. W

FBH(me)-51 FWW-49 (MrsWondering)
DD19 DS 22 Dday-2005-Recovered

"agree to disagree" = Used when one wants to reject the objective reality of the situation and hopefully replace it with their own.
E
E
[Linked Image from icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com]

Good point Mr. W! The kids don't want a male version of anna nicole smith going after their inheritances.

I'd center on that too.

I may not be the sweetest former betrayed wife around here, but I can tell you, the xow in our case, monkeyho, ow number 1, got remarried last year to an old dude (rich and she broke up that marriage) and she REFUSED to announce her wedding in the papers, does not use facebook, and has her address and phone numbers unlisted, and it's because of all the

EXPOSURES

she has had to endure from me, and from other betrayed wives in Memphis. I say Trista should expose like mad, hit the GranHo where it hurts most (her age, looks, and center on the kids' inheritance when exposing to the kids).

Heck, I'd even post on my facebook page a photo of them, and I'd picasa and "edit" a bit more HER photo...making her look a bit less, pretty, if you will. Hit the insecure elderly cougar...no make that a sabre tooth tiger (yea, cause they are EXTINCT now) right where it hurts!

I are bad.

Vewy Vewy bad.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
T
TristaB Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Aw Reading, you are fabulous! And I have one woman I know who is my age (ahem...41) and is a grandma too. So I could almost (coughing and sputtering as I type this) have been one too.

Trista, btw, when I think of your GranHo, my evil and goofy mind conjures up images of something like this.

I am a grandma too!! actually he calls me nana, but he is 18 mos and adorable...just another thing WH is going to miss out on and will have NO access to him at all nor my oldest daughter, who is from another marriage. She wants nothing to do with him while he is in his affair fog. Somehow part of me is almost sad for him, only because he truly does not know all he is giving up. I know, I know...don't be sad for him...but you know what I mean. Sad because he is so messed up, he can't see it. It truly is like he is on drugs or an alcoholic.

T
TristaB Offline OP
OP Offline
T

OMG, this looks just like them, only picture her with blonde hair, big hoop hooker earrings (ya she's trying to look 32) tons of makeup and bling, and wears leopard and zebra print stuff all the time. She would fit in really well at Leisure World cause I am not kidding you, that is how she dresses.

Reading, the only reason we are dogging her age is because it just looks ridiculous with her and a 42 year old man, with PDA all over the place. My H absolutely hates PDA...yet he is doing it with her. PUKE!

T
TristaB Offline OP
OP Offline
T
Originally Posted by MrWondering
I'd suggest a dig at her money...as in, "the affair has been going on for over 2 years now and my husband just can't seem to give up the, cough, money (it ain't her looks...that's why he keeps running back to me)"

Another bonus why that may work in an exposure letter is that she has kids that want their inheritance. The last thing they want is a money grubbing YOUNGER man sniffing around their mother/aunt/cousin/sister/daughter...etc.

Mr. W

I heard through the grapevine, that the adult children and their spouses were not happy with OW bringing WH to their annual summer retreat at the Lake House. Seems she has a different man that she brings every year, and always 20+ years her junior.

P
P
Trista, you've been getting some AWESOME advice from some of the best around here. I love that you're finally going to go to a real Plan B. End. of. drama. Be forewarned, that it's not only going to affect him, but you as well. Suddenly, you won't have all this drama in your life and you may start finding small reasons to break Plan B. Don't do it. It will set you back to zero on the clock. Come here and post. Yell, scream, rant, laugh, cry... we'll be here for you and help you walk through it.

I have great hopes for your situation because the odds of this OW becoming a permanent fixture are close to zero.

Your kiddos are going to be affected by all of this too. They need a stable sane parent right now. If your WH comes around, it will take a long time for WH to restore his relationship with them and this is something that they will never forget.

Not only will your WH's behavior affect the kids, but so will yours. It will color their relationships for the rest of their lives. Show them a mom that is looking out for the whole family. Even though WH is insane right now, let them know that you are fighting for their family.

As for support, remember the cell phone commercial where the guy walks around and there's a whole crowd of people with him wherever he goes? That's us. We're here for you with open ears and even a hug when you need it.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
P
P
I heard through the grapevine

What grapevine? This just reminded me of something else to warn you about. People will want to tell you things about WH during Plan B. This is a type of indirect contact. Your mantra to those "helpful" people should be that you appreciate their concern but for the next little while, you really don't want to hear anything about WH.

Close all the gaps and cut all the grapevines. wink

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
S
S
Make sure you mention that you are not nor have you ever been in the "process of divorce" (whatever that means). There is NO paperwork, no agreement and no plans to that end.

M
M
OMG, this looks just like them, only picture her with blonde hair, big hoop hooker earrings (ya she's trying to look 32) tons of makeup and bling, and wears leopard and zebra print stuff all the time.
Oh, ick. Just...ick. puke

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Page 7 of 11 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 10 11

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation