Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
H
OP Offline
H
I found this link after much searching. It's a riveting story:

http://www.marriagebuilders.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=37;t=014880#000002

M
M
Lost, are you looking for a way to get out of following the "real" MB plan? That is what this looks like...

This is an old, old, OLD thread...she played Russian Roulette by attempting to recover from an A this way. This is NOT recommended. Notice how few of these stories you hear?

I repeat, this is NOT recommended. It's a crap shoot and the odds are NOT in your favor.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
G
G
Can someone post the short version of that story?

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
M
M
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
I found this link after much searching. It's a riveting story:
htld, there are people posting on this site every day who have saved their marriages using the tools that are available from the owner of this site. Many, many of us have posted our stories of success. And yet you took the time to go back almost a decade to find a post from a poster who mixed and matched philosophies and threw in a little luck to save her marriage. And we don't even know for sure that she did! You call that a "Success Story for those who wonoder what to do." faint

What do you think we've been doing here?? Do you suppose there is a valid reason for the posters who are on here every day, encouraging hurting newbies on how to save their M using the tools on this site? Do you think there might be a reason why we don't just link these newbies to that post and then move on? Have you considered that throwing out a hit & miss technique that a poster used a decade ago and passing it off as a 'success story for those who wonder what to do' is irresponsible at best?

Do you know this poster from a decade ago? Is she still married? What is her story now?

If your thought is to move past the newby business of typing out their story in order to save them some time, there is a big yellow box on your screen. See it? Right there, on your right-hand side? Those links cut right to the chase and represent the TOOLBOX TO SAVE A MARRIAGE AND MAKE IT A FANTASTIC ONE.

Why bother trying... rant2

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

H
OP Offline
H
My intent was simply to post a success story. It inspired me when I was in a hard time.

I found it rivetting.

As far as taking gambles go, isn't that partially what Plan B is? I mean, besides sheltering the BS from abuse, it's also intended to force the WS to get all their EN's met from the AP.

That's as much of a gamble as anything and this woman was forced into contact due to having a child that needed to be exchanged.

A true Plan B is very difficult when children are in the picture and this story was an inspiration for me for a way to do it. Notice in her story that there was never any attempt to go jump into the arms of someone else.

She gave the illusion of it, and gave the illusion of carrying on with her life.

Is she still married? I have no idea. But when I came to this site 5 years ago I had people post links to this as the "Success story" which I found to be inspiring.

So take it or leave it and feel free to post all the disclaimers you wish on how it's not 100% MB. I personally don't see why that is.

M
M
A true Plan B is very difficult when children are in the picture and this story was an inspiration for me for a way to do it. Notice in her story that there was never any attempt to go jump into the arms of someone else.

This is total and complete B.S.

We have 4...count them F.O.U.R. children and a pitch black Plan B was not hard to do at all. It was very easy.

Where there is a will there is a way. Period.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

L
L
TJ

MForever, I would really like to know how you stayed dark in plan B and found it easy. This is a serious question. I'm in plan B and finding very hard mainly because of the lack of an acceptable intermediary.

BTW way I don't agree with the way old poster did things. The MB way is the only way I see any improvement, whther it be in the marriage or myself. I'm just finding it hard to go completely dark.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
M
M
Originally Posted by Lookin4Serenity
TJ

MForever, I would really like to know how you stayed dark in plan B and found it easy. This is a serious question. I'm in plan B and finding very hard mainly because of the lack of an acceptable intermediary.

BTW way I don't agree with the way old poster did things. The MB way is the only way I see any improvement, whther it be in the marriage or myself. I'm just finding it hard to go completely dark.

What part are you having a hard time with? Finding a good IM?

If that's the case then put a shout out here on this board and ask if anyone from MB would be a good IM. This is where I got mine and she was fantastic.

Do you have a friend who would be willing to do it? This would be your next best thing.

How else are you finding it hard to stay dark?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

L
L
MForever, thanks for the response. I'll post on my original thread so not to TJ this. Give me a few minutes.

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
L
L
Mforever, title of my thread is Adventures in Plan B. Just put it up.

Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
H
OP Offline
H
I just re-read the thread and still don't see how this is a bad approach.

She stopped being a doormat, gave the impression she was moving on with life, took no more garbage from WH, and gave him the glimmer of doubt he was going to lose her.

I think she did a great Plan A with someone who was living out of the house and transitioned to a Plan A that appeared to start moving to a Plan B.

If she went with a Plan B that was totally dark she would have pushed him over the edge.

I drew inspiration from this story because I feel it would have been effective with my parents if my mom had done something similar. I also think it would be effective against most WH's. I don't know the same approach would work on a WW. Probably not.

But this woman never did anything other than give the WH the illusion that he was losing her.

I find it a bit ironic that what many labeled here as "The Success Story" is now viewed negatively, especially since this comes from the MB website itself and I'm criticized for bringing forth a story I found inspiring.

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 483 guests, and 69 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation