Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21
S
S
They can remarry....But in Gods eyes it will not be recognized.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
S
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
Divorce and remarriage is such a complex subject. I have a dear friend who married a man who turned out to be a terrible abuser. She went to her pastor a couple of times and was told to pray and submit. After a particularly bad round, she was "encouraged" down some stairs and a few days later had a D&C for a miscarriage while her H played golf. He didn't feel the need to go to the hospital because "he didn't want it anyway." Another dear friend of mine married a man who came out as a homosexual after their son was born. He refused to change his lifestyle and was arrested several times for picking up men and boys at a local park.

Both of these women left their husbands. Both have since remarried. And according to certain views of Scripture, both are adulteresses. Some may say: "but that's different." No it isn't. Not if we hold to the strict interpretation. My two godly, sweet, humble friends who have been through pain I cannot imagine......

are adulteresses.

It is sad...Life is very unfair...but God did not promise us all perfect lives...My WH is an adulterer...Maybe it is my punishment for fornicating before my M with him...who knows...We all have our burdens to bear.

Bad things are not from God. Bad consequences come from not following Divine instructions, but you aren't being 'punished' by God.

Maybe you think you need punishment though and that is why you've convinced yourself you can never divorce your adulterous husband and remarry another man.

I NEVER said that bad things were from God...sheesh!!!

Your WH's adultery is bad and you wondered if you were being punished by that adultery for your sins.

S
S
Yes, I do wonder that...I think we are punished for our sins....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
I do believe that we are punished for our sins....Dont you, SW?

There are stories of that in the Bible...

God has at times punished people for specific acts. But those were clear cut....not I am letting you suffer adultery because you had premarital sex.

S
S

Ok, we have gone full circle and I doubt we are going to agree on this.

I do still wonder if you think that God didn't recognize David's marriage to Bathsheba. Or if you only think it was recognized because her husband was dead.

S
S
You are probably right about God not having me suffer from adultery as punishment for my premarital sex....

Last edited by stillhere8126; 02/22/11 03:17 PM. Reason: clarify

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

T
T
I was thinking.....since my friend A divorced because of physical abuse, which is not covered, and she remarried, which is not recognized, would that make her 4 kids, including the 28 week preemie who just came home from the hospital, illegitimate and therefore [censored]?

I am not being ugly, just following this it a logical conclusion. And if we are still under the law and believe in generational curses....what is to become of those products of adultery? Should they marry?

S
S
I was thinking.....since my friend A divorced because of physical abuse, which is not covered, and she remarried, which is not recognized, would that make her 4 kids, including the 28 week preemie who just came home from the hospital, illegitimate and therefore [censored]?

I am not being ugly, just following this it a logical conclusion. And if we are still under the law and believe in generational curses....what is to become of those products of adultery? Should they marry?

We are not under the law.

Did your friend's abusive husband not remarry? Does she believe he was not unfaithful to her after she left him?

S
S

I know several couples who divorced with no scriptural grounds and have remained single. One couple has been in that sort of limbo for over 20 years.

Doesn't really happen all that much though. Usually one or the other of them will fall into sin and that frees the other mate.

Easier all around to stay together! Sometimes there are issues that make that impossible. I know of one where the wife was mentally ill and felt her husband was out to get her. She later killed herself. Her husband did not remarry....not in the 15 years they were divorced or the 5 years since she killed herself.

S
S

I do still wonder if you think that God didn't recognize David's marriage to Bathsheba. Or if you only think it was recognized because her husband was dead.

The story has David repenting for his sins and God forgiving him...I wont go into all the details....but with that and Bathshebas H being dead...well then if he wasnt dead then I think it would have been dealt with differently...Yes, she couldnt go back to her H.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S

The story has David repenting for his sins and God forgiving him...I wont go into all the details....but with that and Bathshebas H being dead...well then if he wasnt dead then I think it would have been dealt with differently...Yes, she couldnt go back to her H.

Well, true she couldn't go back to her husband since her affair partner had him killed. But that didn't mean she had to marry David. Or stay married once Nathan was sent to David to expose the treachery. Following the argument by some on this board, he should have sent her away and not had her be his wife since it was an affairage.

S
S

And that is my point....God forgave David and yet the marriage to Bathsheba remained.

S
S
But David repented for his sins and God forgave him....She couldnt go back to her H....so since her husband was dead then they could marry....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
But David repented for his sins and God forgave him....She couldnt go back to her H....so since her husband was dead then they could marry....

I guess my point of reasoning is yes, the marriage was over by reason of DEATH at the HANDS of David. How is that more tolerable than say if Bathsheba had just divorced her husband and then married David?

S
S
Because David repented for his sins.....The murder too...He was FORGIVEN!!! If Bathshebas H was alive there would be no other M....But he was DEAD!!!! She would be with her original H!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
If your H dies...you can remarry....If David did not repent, then I believe there would not be a recognized new M....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
If your H dies...you can remarry....If David did not repent, then I believe there would not be a recognized new M....

So a WS who remarries and then repents has a recognized new M?

S
S
If her H was still alive...She would have to go back to him, the new M would not be recognized....That is true repentance...IMO

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Or he could divorce her and stay unmarried....She would have to stay unmarried also...

Last edited by stillhere8126; 02/22/11 04:01 PM.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
If her H was still alive...She would have to go back to him, the new M would not be recognized....That is true repentance...IMO

If her husband was still alive it is true she would not have married David.

The question though is about whether David's marriage to Bathsheba was recognized by God. Are you saying that before David repented and was forgiven it was NOT recognized?

Page 15 of 21 1 2 13 14 15 16 17 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 522 guests, and 41 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation