Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
S
S
The risk you take when you sin....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
H
H
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
1 John 1:9 (NIV)
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

I never confessed this sin....and if I do now....am I truly repentant....IDK...

Repentence isn't yogurt... it doesn't have a shelf-life, or an expiration date. The thief on the cross KNEW he was going to die, and that he would die soon - like a cancer patient finding God in the last 6 months.

Repentance is in your heart, not in your datebook or on your pocket watch.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
L
L
If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness

Still ~
You are the ONLY person on this side of Heaven who knows if you are "truly repentant"...
It is NEVER too late to confess your sins...
NEVER!
It is NEVER too late to "repent" from your sins...
NEVER!
So, Sweetheart ~ It's time for you to climb up on your Daddy's lap and tell him what is in your heart...
Do you have sins that still need to be confessed?
Are you sorry for what you have done that causes you and God to be separated?
Do you want to "change your mind" about the direction you have gone in certain areas of your life? (Repentance)
You & God know YOUR heart when you confess your sins...
You & God know YOUR heart when you "repent"...
(BTW ~ The definition of repent is:
1. To feel remorse, contrition, or self-reproach for what one has done or failed to do; be contrite.
2. To feel such regret for past conduct as to change one's mind regarding it: repented of intemperate behavior.
3. To make a change for the better as a result of remorse or contrition for one's sins.
v.tr.
1. To feel regret or self-reproach for: repent one's sins.
2. To cause to feel remorse or regret.

Lastly, and this is very important ~
In 1 John 1:9, IMHO, the "key" word is:
ALL!
Think about it!
What if you confess the sins that you can "remember"?
What happens?
God forgives them, right?!?
Okay! (And, this is the BEST part!!!)
God is soooooo B I G that He takes care of the sins that you cannot "remember" by including this part:
"...and purify us from all unrighteousness."

So, now...
Let's look at this for a moment...
IF we confess our sins, (The ones we "remember")
He is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and
purify us from ALL UNRIGHTEOUSNESS." (Including all of those sins we can't even remember!)

Who has the Authority to cleanse & purify us from our sins?
There is ONLY one Person who is qualified because He is the ONLY person who has ever lived who NEVER SINNED!!! NEVER!!!
His Name Is Jesus...

Hugs ~
hurray

Last edited by LoveIsaChoice4Me; 02/22/11 04:51 PM.

"Now is the time for all good MB Veterans to come to the aid of their MB Rookies!"
S
S
Thanks for that Loveisachoice....I tend to think too deeply about a lot of stuff....but truly, I do feel bad about sex before M with my WH....BUT....Do I feel repentent for the right reasons....If I think too deeply about it I dont think so...

I am sorry about it because I wonder if it had something to do with WHs waywardness.....but other than that, IDK....Who did it really hurt, me?....I know its a sin....I just dont know if i am sorry about it for the right reasons....I wont do it again...I know that...

Am I thinking too much into it?

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand

Repentence isn't yogurt... it doesn't have a shelf-life, or an expiration date. The thief on the cross KNEW he was going to die, and that he would die soon - like a cancer patient finding God in the last 6 months.

Thanks...I didnt know I would get a response from the Devil faint...(I am referring to your cute little icon)... stickout

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M

Thanks...I didnt know I would get a response from the Devil faint...(I am referring to your cute little icon)... stickout

Now THAT was funny, Stilly! rotflmao

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

S
S
Teeheehee....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

N
OP Offline
N
Thank you, thank you everyone. Especially thank you to LoveIsAChoice for posting that old hymm. I can hear my grandma singing it and it has brought me to tears.

I have been debating this issue with the heaviest of hearts for so long and I feel like through you all God has finally given me a peace today about what I can do. I believe I can reconcile with my husband and work on our marriage.

I know there are still going to be those of you who disagree but your input has been just as valuable to me as those who think I can have a restored marriage AND a restored relationship with Christ.

The things that have really stood out to me in these debates here have been the all powerful forgiving power of God. I have always believed in His power of forgiveness but could not reconcile staying with my husband because of the "go and sin no more" argument. Now, after reviewing the situation with David and Bathsheba I realize that God's forgiveness wipes the slate clean. How could Bethseba be any less "ill gotten" gains than my husband is to me. David KILLED her husband. That doesn't make their situation better or release someone's marriage contract. Sin is sin to God. We as humans classify which sins are worse. God does not.

Psalm 103:12
..as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us.

The above verse applies, even to me! Praise God!!!!! What a weight to finally realize this, even to me!!

Galatians 2:16
..know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified.

I can spend the rest of my life wallowing in remorse for sins that God has already forgiven and taxing my brain and my soul in an attempt to follow the works of the law. Or, I can accept the grace and forgiveness that Jesus gave His own life for and be free. I think God's intention for me is the latter.

I can't believe after all this time, all the counseling, and pastoral sessions it has finally come to me here. Through you all!!!

I do realize that I will always have earthly consequences for my adultery. I know that to my human peers it still reeks. I am not trying to glamorize my sin, only the amazing power of God to heal and restore our soul.

I don't think I can be much of a witness considering the circumstances of my affair. Someone here, and forgive me for not remembering who, pointed out that it could inadvertently be seen as an endorsement for "affairage" because we would still be together. I DO NOT want to do that. I will leave it up to God where and how he uses me. My life is laid out before him. He knows me inside and out and I will wait on his leading as to where he uses me.

I will continue with my plan to confess to my children. I will be sharing all of this with my husband. I will also wait until God shows me the appropriate time and manner in which to repent to the BW. He will know when it is the right time and I am going to listen very carefully.

I never expected in coming here to be uplifted in this way. I know that at least some of you have been praying for me. Thank you so very much.

I would love to be able to stick around here. Maybe I can let you posters let me know when my thoughts might be helpful somewhere. Otherwise I will just stick to my own thread.

NewCreation

R
R
NC...how is your relationship with your AP's children? Will your continued presence in their father's life affect them negatively...continue to cause them hurt?

H
H

skeptical

:p

I had an affair with a married man starting in 1996, his wife found out, divorced him and we married in 1999. She has also remarried.

Hey, everybody; let's just venture to guess that 11 years later that her WH probably isn't going to have a chance to reconcile w/ his former BW, who has remarried.

NC stated she was fully divorced when she became entangled in the A with what is now her H/WH.

11 years. I would say that is a tad beyond the high average lifespan of affairs/affairages.

She has been gracious enough to be completely honest where she is coming from, and she seems to want to make the best she can out of where she is.

Can we MB that?

Last edited by HoldHerHand; 02/22/11 05:53 PM.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

S
S
Originally Posted by NewCreation2011
I have been debating this issue with the heaviest of hearts for so long and I feel like through you all God has finally given me a peace today about what I can do. I believe I can reconcile with my husband and work on our marriage.

Glad to hear this. (I hope he doesnt repeat his pattern)

I do realize that I will always have earthly consequences for my adultery. I know that to my human peers it still reeks. I am not trying to glamorize my sin, only the amazing power of God to heal and restore our soul.

This is true. As your other post (If you are thinking of marrying your affair partner) says so well....it didn't turn out like what you imagined.

I don't think I can be much of a witness considering the circumstances of my affair. Someone here, and forgive me for not remembering who, pointed out that it could inadvertently be seen as an endorsement for "affairage" because we would still be together.

I don't think of your story as an endorsement for affairages. To the contrary...who would want to go through the pain you have suffered (self inflicted though it is) I can assure you though that you will trigger BSs at times. I would think you would have valuable insight to share with WSs on the brink.

I will continue with my plan to confess to my children. I will be sharing all of this with my husband. I will also wait until God shows me the appropriate time and manner in which to repent to the BW. He will know when it is the right time and I am going to listen very carefully.

I assume his children are now grown. I think apologies to his children and to your own would go a long ways toward restoring your peace. To the BW....I'm unsure of that one either way.

Peace to you.

Last edited by SmilingWoman; 02/22/11 05:58 PM.
S
S
Yes....First she needs to decide if she wants to same the M....

Then I think some info...like about his A....and why they are now separated....

She might want to even try counseling with the Harleys, if she wants to try and save her M....I know for me, it might just be a little hard for me to be nonjudgemental...But others might be able to help her....

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

S
S
Bitter...thats the word I am looking for...I am bitter...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

H
H
Bitter...thats the word I am looking for...I am bitter...

Considering your situation, I couldn't blame you.

M
M
And that is my point....God forgave David and yet the marriage to Bathsheba remained.

So are you also saying that a bank robber can repent for stealing the money, while still SPENDING the money?

He needs to re-pay the bank in order to fully repent AND be forgiven, IMHO. This seems like common sense, no?

How can you fully repent when you are STILL COMMITTING THE CRIME?

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
S
S
Ahhhhhh, MarriedForever.....I needed you here earlier.....

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

M
M
Originally Posted by SmilingWoman
She does seem truly sorry....She should leave him, given his past and current waywardness and truly repent before God...He seems a lost cause right now...JMHO....

I can't figure out though if he is currently having an affair. Seems like she said he had an affair and she already forgave him for that. Do you know why they are currently seperated?

I believe he is currently wayward. They are living in separate houses.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

N
OP Offline
N
My step-children are both grown now. I have apologized without conditions to them both. One I am on good terms with, the other I am not. The bad feelings though are not about the affair. We had a period of time while she lived with us that we got along great. The bad feelings are from discipline issues during the late teen years that she has not gotten over yet.(No one was physically punished or anything else cruel or unusual just to be clear.) I am currently trying to reconcile that relationship to an at least cordial place but have been firmly rejected so far.

Just this past hour I had the opportunity to sit down and confess my past to my 17 year old daughter. Scotland! I wanted to make sure you see I did it! It was very hard but you were right it was necessary. She wasn't nearly as upset with me as I feared. She was uncomfortable. She said she knew it was wrong and that at least I was trying to something about it. She also said she loved me just the same and always would. *sigh* What a wonderful child. I left the door open for questions if she has any later.

Now I have to speak with my son. That should be the last person left to confess to until such time as God see's fit to have me speak to BW. My son is engaged to be married. At first I was only going to talk to him, because it is humiliating mostly. But, the more I have thought about it I am going to speak to them together because if ever there is a lesson you need to hear before embarking on a marriage, this is it. I just hope that I will not be ruined forever in my future DIL's eyes.

S
S
Can we MB that?
Can we MB what exactly?

Some of the BSs here are only going to be able to view this from the BW in this situation's perspective. She continues to be hurt and offended by NewCreations presence in her life and wants nothing for her children or herself to do with the NC...and I can only say if I was in her position I would probably feel the same way.

No matter how many years they are married or how sincere NC seems, I can't seem to muster up more than that when I look at this thread other than to feel sad about how people were/may be triggered when they read it...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
M
M
Yes....First she needs to decide if she wants to same the M....

Then I think some info...like about his A....and why they are now separated....

She might want to even try counseling with the Harleys, if she wants to try and save her M....I know for me, it might just be a little hard for me to be nonjudgemental...But others might be able to help her....

NC ~ PLEASE have the courtesy of NOT asking for help on these boards. There are far too many in terrible pain right now from a spouse's affair...this would be ridiculously cruel.

If you want help from MB, please do it in private, from the Harley's. I am sincerely asking you do not do this on these boards. You will not get the help you need on these boards, trust me.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006

Page 17 of 21 1 2 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 597 guests, and 58 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation