Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42
N
N
A "mistake" is taking the wrong turn while driving to an unfamiliar location. A "mistake" is dropping an egg while baking a cake. A "mistake" is NOT acquiring a secret cell phone to contact your recent phuque-buddy, while fluttering your eyelashes at BH, mouthing words of recovery, all the while thinking, "He won't do shlt about this!", and being right.

Now before going forward, I want to ask you, "What is the commitment to stopping this ongoing contact?" It's not her commitment I'm asking about, it's yours.

If you need this contact ended, you'll have to make NOT ending on her part so blatantly and IRREVOCABLY decisive that it gets her attention.

Buy her a new cell phone (smash her other one again, if you must), load it with Flexispy.

Tell her that this is the only cell she is to use.
Tell her you will call her on it at various random times to ensure it has not been tampered with.
Tell her you will check the log, and billing sheets, religiously for usage.
Tell her she will be expected to explain every number called/received, texts sent/received.
Tell her that if OM calls her, the call record should show that the call lasted no longer than time for her to say, "Don't call me, @sshole.
Tell her, and if you don't mean it, stop wasting your own efforts, LM, that any violation of these will mean the end of recovery attempts and initiation of dissolution actions.
Hand her a written statement outlining these parameters. Have her sign it. Each day, have her initial it.

In about a week, get up, ohh, about 2:30 am, and tear apart everything in your house, her belongings, her car. Find the secret cell that she has hidden.

Yes? Call your lawyer. No? Tell her you'll look harder next time.

The following week, call her best girlfriend in a panic, indicating an emergency (the dog died, whatever) and you need WW's alternate cell number because the cell you gave her isn't working.

Get one? Call her, saying adios. Call your lawyer. No? When WW screams at you later, tell her she earned this treatment.

If you don't need this contact ended, stay on your current path. We're here to read your posts on the subject.

N
N
Now getting yourself hauled off to the pokie won't help.....

Any BH with all the time we have to think about it, who can't devise a way to exact revenge on OM without getting caught, isn't bright enough to be corresponding here.

The problem, though, is not OM, it's WW. OM made no vows to you, and in any event, is more than likely replaceable with the NEXT OM.

Unfortunately the "Rule of Thumb" handed down from olde English Law, which said husbands were permitted to beat their wives with sticks no thicker than their thumb, somehow got overwritten. Damn "libbers".........

M
M
ITA, except:

Tell her that if OM calls her, the call record should show that the call lasted no longer than time for her to say, "Don't call me, @sshole.
There should be no call from OM. He should not have her new number.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

N
N
He didn't have the most recent one either. And then he did.

H
H
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

Unfortunately the "Rule of Thumb" handed down from olde English Law, which said husbands were permitted to beat their wives with sticks no thicker than their thumb, somehow got overwritten. Damn "libbers".........

If the same rule applies to women who can do likewise to idiot husbands, then I'm all for it.

Otherwise I don't find the joke too funny.

G
G
NG,

Put that same drunk, years ago, in control of a donkey-cart, and all you'd have is a pair of jack@sses, one in harness, and the other holding the reins

My old timer neighbor from when I was a kid used to tell stories of how people could fall asleep in a horse cart and the beast would take them back to the stable. Sorta the same role that a VAR or Keylogger performs on a WS.

I'm not saying that a WS has less sense than a donkey but you can fool the animal, to adapt the circle fly joke.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 02/23/11 09:46 AM.
H
H
Originally Posted by helpthelostdads
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed

If the same rule applies to women who can do likewise to idiot husbands, then I'm all for it.

I lol'd, and have not guilt for it.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
N
N

What joke? The source attribution of the phrase is factual.

M
M

Oh, HTLD, NG probably saw me online and said that to get me all riled up.

Sorry, NG, but I had to laugh at that! wink

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

L
OP Offline
L
You know right now im down and would rather kick her to the street and put a bullet in his head. I'm getting tired.

Me 37
WW 37
Married 14 years
4 boys 10,8,6,3
exposure Day 2/18/11
A started 11/2010
Divorced 7/21/2011
Has it been a year already??
A
A
Lost - dude, hang in there! I think our 'coaster is going in the same direction today. Come here and vent, but don't let it show to WW.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
R
R
Rule of thumb? Thats rude. It should read you can beat OM but you have to use something larger than your thumb.

I must have something left in my LB, cause if anybody hit WW, they'd be going to the ER.

Hang in there Lostman, it sucks we KNOW.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
N
N
Originally Posted by lostman101
You know right now im down and would rather kick her to the street and put a bullet in his head. I'm getting tired.

Just one of those days, Lost, or did something go down?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
OP Offline
L
Well she is just struggling with not getting to be with him still. i know it will take time, but i shouldn't have to do this for my own wife. She doesnt here me vent like this, i try to be sincere. she seemed to be cracking a little yesterday and i feel like square one right now. She tells me what she is struggling with and its getting me.

Me 37
WW 37
Married 14 years
4 boys 10,8,6,3
exposure Day 2/18/11
A started 11/2010
Divorced 7/21/2011
F
F
Well she is just struggling with not getting to be with him still. i know it will take time, but i shouldn't have to do this for my own wife. She doesnt here me vent like this, i try to be sincere. she seemed to be cracking a little yesterday and i feel like square one right now. She tells me what she is struggling with and its getting me.
Sigh.

A few posts up, MB said

Originally Posted by Maritalbliss
Okay, Plan B, lost. You've done enough.
I agree.

Originally Posted by Maritalbliss
I'd pack her things up and put them on the porch. Tell her to come and get just the stuff she wants to keep, you'll be happy to throw out anything that is still there at the end of the week.
This exact advice was given to me. And much to my amazement, I followed it!

I had all the locks changed. WxW asked for a few things which I put into a box and put on the front steps. I told her she could pick it up between specified hours (because I did not even want to be there when she showed up). I had the locks changed on the house so she couldn't try to get it.

(I was at home when she arrived -- during the time frame I had specified -- but kept myself well away from any windows and sighting possibility until I heard her car drive away).

lostman, you aren't in recovery. It's time you started -- YOURS!

Preach the Gospel every day. When necessary, use words.
St. Francis of Assissi
N
N

You're what, three or four days since no contact? Unless I read your thread wrong, I think you're a little early into this and it sounds normal. My W did the same thing, the first week was the pits.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

L
OP Offline
L
i know its to early to call it quits. if i kicked her out i know right wehre she would go. i needed to vent and i needed encouragement. Thought that was what this place was for. Ive been strong and the only one fighting for the marriage, but giving 110 % gets harder when reality starts knocking. She is still trying and that matters, she is being honest, i feel she is begining to see the struggles of right and wrong vs selfishness.

Me 37
WW 37
Married 14 years
4 boys 10,8,6,3
exposure Day 2/18/11
A started 11/2010
Divorced 7/21/2011
L
L
What about the NC letter lost?

Don't pray for God to guide your footsteps unless you are willing to move your feet

Me BH 55, WW 40, M 12 yrs, 3 Boys 19, 10 & 8.
Separated Sept 08
DDay Dec 08
Plan A Mar 09
Plan B 16 Nov 09
A
A
Lost - if you feel she's trying, then you're miles ahead. For example, my WW isn't even trying right now and I exposed roughly 2 weeks ago. She's still spitting nails at me every night for at least 5-10 minutes. Before all this went down, i.e. the affair was going on but I was oblivous, she used to ask herself 'what's wrong with me'. She also knew, at that time, that her actions were selfish, but I haven't heard that in a while. I was under the impression that she was trying to figure things out, little did I know she was having the A at the same time. No wonder she was conflicted and no wonder our sex life suffered. She felt guilty for having sex with ME, while she's having sex with OM. Talk about warped thinking! Isn't hindsight wonderful.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
L
OP Offline
L
Originally Posted by AndyM
Lost - if you feel she's trying, then you're miles ahead.

I know it hurts and i feel for you. she tells me she is trying but she is in conflict. Im hoping time will help.

Me 37
WW 37
Married 14 years
4 boys 10,8,6,3
exposure Day 2/18/11
A started 11/2010
Divorced 7/21/2011
Page 7 of 42 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 41 42

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 649 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation