Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32
H
OP Offline
H
Oh, WOW, Peachy! I've never shopped at NY & Co--the prices are great! I've got to find my tape measure or buy a new one because I need to be sure of my new size. I made the mistake of getting a retractable one and DS thought it was a dandy toy. I keep forgetting he's ONLY 15! I haven't seen it since he walked off with it. laugh

I'll check out Macy's tomorrow. The Fatigue Monster is attacking again.

I must confess--I've only had one manicure and that was for older DD's wedding about 18 months ago. I've never had a pedicure. Guess it's time I splurged, especially since Scotty is so obsessed with my toes. wink

The AD's are working great--I'm in that numb-to-the-asteroid-coming phase that I needed to get to.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
Although I seem to be obsessed with YOUR toes, I myself DO NOT do the pedi. Nope. Uh-uh. Not gonna happen.

OPI colours ARE great. laugh

Nurse, nope. I don't have the stomach for it. You should have seen me cleaning up after DS8 and the flu this week.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Well, Scotty, my DD is a nurse and she hasn't got a stomach for it either--unless she has her scrubs on. Those scrubs are like her Cape of Power. She can take care of some pretty gross things while wearing it. Like dirty diapers, you can get used to it.

IMPORTANT TOE UPDATE FOR YOU: I bought some OPI silver polish today and some BLUE (that's how bluey-blue it is) that's made by Essie (?). I'll take care of my toes tomorrow. smile

I also bought 4 tops (white, brown and teal, white and navy floral print, gray), a navy sweater, and 3 pairs of pants (black, navy, and brown).

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
dance2 hurray

You, my friend, are a plan B goddess. I am in AWE. Is there a bowing down smiley somewhere? wink

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Still don't know about being a PB goddess, but I'm a good shopper! laugh

Scotty, do you have an aversion to people touching your feet? I'm asking because you said
I myself DO NOT do the pedi. Nope. Uh-uh. Not gonna happen.

I'm with you on that. I don't ever want a facial either because I can't stand to have someone touching my face. sick

S
S
No touching my feet. AND I am EXTREMELY ticklish. I HATE it.

I have only allowed someone to give me a MANIIIIII(made sure I put more "i" so you guys don't mistake it for MAN again) and cut and dye my hair. I guess I have a lot more to experience in life, eh?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Sorry, it still looks like man--just has a lot of exclamation marks!

Maybe some of us (ME!) need to update our eye glass prescriptions.

Yep--you need lots of life experiences. You have a lot to look forward to! smile

H
OP Offline
H
What with all the toe-talk I forgot to mention that my in-laws came over yesterday. They brought by my birthday card (yep--8 weeks late, but that's okay) and FiL checked on the leaking pipe downstairs. He'll come by later this week to fix it and the dripping outside faucet.

I hope he tells WH that he's doing what WH should be doing.

After that, my in-laws invited DS and me to go eat pizza with them. We had a great time--caught up on family news and just enjoyed ourselves. I'm so lucky to have them in my life. smile

H
OP Offline
H
The in-laws just left. They came by this evening and my FiL fixed the leaky pipe in about 10 minutes.

I wanted to ask them to tell WH that FiL had fixed the leak, but DS was around and I didn't think it would be polite to say something about his dad when he was sitting there. I do hope they say something to WH, though.

My FiL was aghast that WH had told my older DS to call a plumber when DS told WH about the leaky pipe at Christmas. This family never calls a plumber or repair man for anything. Ever. It's against the way they were raised. My WH was raised that way. I've never called a plumber or air conditioning repair man or an electrician, etc. WH knows how to repair anything and used to really enjoy doing it.

Next weekend, FiL will install the wall mount for my flat screen TV. I paid over a hundred bucks for the wall mount bracket because WH promised last November that he would install it for me. Of course, like many promises he made (um, marriage vows!), he reneged on that.

It will be nice to finally have it installed. Thank goodness for my in-laws!

S
S
I am glad that you didn't tell FIL to say something, Plan B my dear. Plan B.

You didn't expect your WH to come and fix the leaky pipe did you? If your FIL didn't come and fix it, you really should have called a plumber, or tried to do it yourself. smile

I know how much it sucks to not have your WH around to fix things anymore. It's awful when the one person you were so used to counting on, just doesn't exist anymore, at least for you.

I have had to learn how to take care of things myself. It helps if you think of them as if they had died. You would be grieving, as you have been through all of this, but you would need to rely on yourself only.

Plan B isn't only about NC, it's a state of mind, and there are definitely some steps that need to be taken to get you on that path.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by Scotland
I am glad that you didn't tell FIL to say something, Plan B my dear. Plan B.

You didn't expect your WH to come and fix the leaky pipe did you? If your FIL didn't come and fix it, you really should have called a plumber, or tried to do it yourself. smile
No, I didn't expect WH to come and fix it--I just want my in-laws to say something to SHAME my WH. They won't even have to do it in a shaming way; just mentioning it to WH might give him some guilt. But, mindful of Plan B, I won't ask or tell anyone to say something.

I know how much it sucks to not have your WH around to fix things anymore. It's awful when the one person you were so used to counting on, just doesn't exist anymore, at least for you.

I have had to learn how to take care of things myself. It helps if you think of them as if they had died. You would be grieving, as you have been through all of this, but you would need to rely on yourself only.
Somethings I've learned to do myself, but it does hurt that my once attentive husband is now my WH. It makes the divorce seem inevitable and that still hurts like heck.

Plan B isn't only about NC, it's a state of mind, and there are definitely some steps that need to be taken to get you on that path.
What steps do you recommend? A brain transplant might help. wink Seriously, I'm trying very hard to put my pain and longing for my WH on the back burner of my brain. However, it still rears its ugly head when I least expect it. I'm doing as much as I can think of to get past the pain and move on with my life. I'm accepting that I will someday be happy, marriage recovery or not.

I don't know what else to do.

S
S
When I see things that I may suggest, I will let you know.

Recovery, personal or marital, is a marathon, not a sprint. As long as you are moving in the right direction, with one foot in front of the other, you are doing the right things.

Even if your FIL said something to your WH, it might not bring on guilt or shame. He is a wayturd afterall. You also Plan B with no expectations.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Although I seem to be obsessed with YOUR toes, I myself DO NOT do the pedi. Nope. Uh-uh. Not gonna happen.

OPI colours ARE great. laugh

I gotta admit - I LOVE pedi's; you should also check out China Glaze - they have some great colors as well. Caribbean Temptation is my fave.
Of course I have to ask; Scotty, why are you obsessed with H&G's toes?
smile

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
S
S

SHHHHHHHHH Don't tell. It's because she has ELEVEN of them. It's a SECRET though.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
E
E
It is a marathon. Took me several years before I was the old me. But then again I am never really the old me. A better, stronger, more loving me. A woman who walked thru fire for her son, stood up to the lies and a rich, evil guy, and channeled David and took on Goliath and won, with a little help from faith.

And a few lovely people from MB who also believed in me.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
OP Offline
H

SHHHHHHHHH Don't tell. It's because she has ELEVEN of them. It's a SECRET though.

I beg your pardon? faint

Too funny!
rotflmao

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by peachyisback
It is a marathon. Took me several years before I was the old me. But then again I am never really the old me. A better, stronger, more loving me. A woman who walked thru fire for her son, stood up to the lies and a rich, evil guy, and channeled David and took on Goliath and won, with a little help from faith.

I think the thing that keeps me going is the people I've met here. You, peachy, and Scotty and a few others have really helped me believe in my own strengths and accept that sometimes it's okay to falter but it's not okay to give up.

I need new athletic shoes--over my soon-to-be-blue toenails. I'm in a marathon. smile

Hugs to everyone! hug

M
M
Originally Posted by peachyisback

Nice, very nice. I hope I can get there as well - work in progress...

Me:BW
Dday:12/31/09-Found MB 01/03/10
3DstepChildren24&20
PlanA:01/03/10
PlanB:03/25/10
D final 11/15/10

"I dare you to find some time and some place to be silent for longer than usual; a few moments, a few minutes, a few hours. Listen to your heart, listen to your soul; and most importantly, listen to the silence to see what it sounds like and how it speaks to you."
H
OP Offline
H
I am sick (tummy woes--wondering if I got it from Scotty!) and also sick and tired of photocopying requested documents. It's become a part-time job. frown

P
P
Originally Posted by HopeandGrace
I am sick (tummy woes--wondering if I got it from Scotty!) and also sick and tired of photocopying requested documents. It's become a part-time job. frown

I TOLD Scotty to spray her keyboard down with Lysol before she got online! naughty

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
Page 19 of 32 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 267 guests, and 65 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation