Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32
H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Originally Posted by HopeandGrace
I am sick (tummy woes--wondering if I got it from Scotty!) and also sick and tired of photocopying requested documents. It's become a part-time job. frown

I TOLD Scotty to spray her keyboard down with Lysol before she got online! naughty

Well, I kept her pretty distracted with my eleventh toe...

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
Originally Posted by HopeandGrace
Originally Posted by Scotland
Of course I have to ask; Scotty, why are you obsessed with H&G's toes?

SHHHHHHHHH Don't tell. It's because she has ELEVEN of them. It's a SECRET though.

I beg your pardon? faint

Too funny!
rotflmao

I am laffing so hard I can't see. I forgot that I wrote that. I hope it gave you a good chuckle and when you re-read your thread, it should do so again. laugh

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
H&G, I am sorry you feel down today. I hope it helped, a little. grin

I have been on a roll all day. I have been laffing and laffing. My sides are killing me. THIS is what you have to look forward to and I told you that I promised you WILL get there.

Did you venture over to the rant thread? It seems that we have been having a bit of fun over there today. A lot of laffs. laugh

My prescription for you is a FUNNY movie. You need a good laff. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
H&G, I am sorry you feel down today. I hope it helped, a little. grin

I have been on a roll all day. I have been laffing and laffing. My sides are killing me. THIS is what you have to look forward to and I told you that I promised you WILL get there.

Did you venture over to the rant thread? It seems that we have been having a bit of fun over there today. A lot of laffs. laugh

My prescription for you is a FUNNY movie. You need a good laff. laugh

Your joke made me LOL, too. It was quite a surprise and a welcome one at that because my poor tum-tum has been giving me fits. It's not good to feel like running to the restroom when you have a class of fourth graders in front of you. Thank goodness I keep Imodium in my desk...

One of the great pleasures I get from talking to my sister is that we can become hysterical together. We take the smallest of ideas and just riff with it--last week we were talking about the excess skin I have from losing so much weight. We ended up with the idea to create a mini-me and decided we'd name it after WH because it, too, would be brainless. We've always, way back to when we were just little kids, been able to be silly together.

I do need to see a funny movie. DS is going to a friend's house to watch a Monty Python marathon on Saturday. Maybe I should tag along (LIKE he'd let me!). It does mean that I'll get to hear DS quote from MP movies for the next month but that won't be as bad as the last time he saw Airplane. If I hear "What's your vector, Victor?" one more time.... laugh

I did read the rant thread and found it very amusing. Years ago, WH and I played bridge in competitions. There was a regional tournament in Nashville and we played against several Canadians. We could always pick them out--the accent gave them away everytime. Do you say "ah-boot" for "ah-bout"? Do you add "eh?" to the end of your sentences? wink

It reminds me that last year WH, DS, and I watched our favorite Olympic sport together every evening--curling! We didn't understand much about it, but it was a lot of fun to watch.

So, to fully answer your first question: yes, you did help--a lot! My stomach is still roiling, but I've got more Imodium around here somewhere... sick

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
S
S
Apparently, I say a-boot, although I don't hear it. And yes, I have been known to add "eh" at the end of my sentences, even on here(I have edited most out before I post though). My cousin, who lives in Milwaukee(my mom was born there) makes fun of me ALL of the time. He even had to ask what "pop" was. Apparently, he calls it "soda."

I CALL AIRPLANE. I think you should watch Airplane WITH DS15, wouldn't that be MARVELOUS? I need to find that movie. My DS10 would LOVE it. HAHAHAHA

I just recently got all of the monty python movies off of ebay. I figured it was time for DS10 to watch them. He thought they were funny and wanted to watch them a few times. laugh

Sorry you are feeling sick. This flu kicked my family's butt. My friend's families got off with the 24 hour thing. It's been YEARS since this family had a bad flu outbreak, so I guess it was time.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
I felt a lot better today, especially since I took an Imodium this morning. My class was great, right up to the point near the end of the day when 2 of my students decided to have a serious fist fight in the restroom. A first for me! All classroom learning stopped for the remainder of the day as they chatted about The Fight. Even though I tried to teach a lesson about adverbs. Scatter-brained bunch!

I had an overwhelming urge to call WH today but I didn't. I think that deserves a round of applause, not 2x4s, because I DID NOT call. I think I can attribute the urge to lunchtime being a daily trigger for me. I called him at lunch daily from D-Day until Plan B was enacted. That was 3.5 months of mostly good phone conversations between us. I miss that.

S
S
It IS good that you didn't call.

I also had moments where I would think about, and even miss calling my WH while I was at work. Now, it's like I only remember when I did. It takes TIME.

I can't even imagine what it is like to have to deal with kids fighting, oh wait, yes I can. Only, you can't really talk to your students the way we sometimes talk to our own children. grin

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
So a random thought....Why is it that whenever someone has an eleventh toe, it's never a BIG toe? Hmmmmm.

While researching this question(meaning I googled 11 toes) I had a good ROFL moment. It was a question, if someone has eleven toes, should they pay more for a pedicure? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
It IS good that you didn't call.

I also had moments where I would think about, and even miss calling my WH while I was at work. Now, it's like I only remember when I did. It takes TIME.
Time. Okay, I'll just wait and keep resisting the urge.

I can't even imagine what it is like to have to deal with kids fighting, oh wait, yes I can. Only, you can't really talk to your students the way we sometimes talk to our own children. grin
laugh No, I sure can't talk to them the way I would have spoken to my kids. I can't jerk them up by the nape of the neck, either. Believe me, every day I pray that I don't make national headlines! "TN Teacher Arrested for Jerking a Knot in a Student". doh2

H
OP Offline
H
So a random thought....Why is it that whenever someone has an eleventh toe, it's never a BIG toe? Hmmmmm.

While researching this question(meaning I googled 11 toes) I had a good ROFL moment. It was a question, if someone has eleven toes, should they pay more for a pedicure? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
LOL! Was there an answer?

R
R
I think the best you can do as a teacher is say

"Step away from each other. Now!" You certainly can't get in and try to break it up or you'll get injured yourself.

H
OP Offline
H
Originally Posted by reading
I think the best you can do as a teacher is say

"Step away from each other. Now!" You certainly can't get in and try to break it up or you'll get injured yourself.
That's exactly the recommended course of action, reading. I'm not taking a punch while trying to break them up. Nope. uhuh

H
OP Offline
H
I cried today when a friend I haven't seen for 2 weeks asked me how it's going.

But--it's the first time I've cried in almost a week. Increasing my ADs has really helped me calm down.

I hate to take pills. I'll endure the pain of a headache rather than take an ibuprofen. I hate having to take a daily high blood pressure pill. So taking anti-depressants really goes against my ethics about taking unnecessary medications.

But they've been so necessary to my recovery that I hate to think where I'd be without them. Seriously, I think I would have been committed to a mental hospital because I've found the whole dealing-with-a-WH so shattering.

Some people think anyone can be "strong" if they just "suck it up".

It doesn't work that way. For some of us, ADs are as necessary as air and water and food. God didn't equip me to deal with the betrayal I've experienced from the person I love most on Earth. BUT God enabled man to create ADs, and so I take them.

And slowly get better because of them.

Last edited by HopeandGrace; 03/03/11 08:28 PM. Reason: typo

S
S
Re-read your above post and see if you see what I saw. wink

Need a hint? I was reading the first part, where you said that you didn't want to take ADs because it goes against taking unnecessary medicines. Then, the very next line, you said they ARE necessary.

Do not be worried about taking ADs. It isn't a sign of weakness to admit that you need help, I think it shows real strength.

Sometimes, something simply will set you off and you will be crying. It's weird, isn't it? It's what you do with it that counts.

As far as if there was an answer about the eleven toed pedicure, nope. There were some compelling arguments. 1. There would be extra time and polish used for the 11th toe, 2. That there was no maximum amount of toes when someone asks about the price of a pedicure. I can agree with both sides. I had to LOL.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
Oh, well. Tonight I do not wax poetic...

I was trying to convey that, even though I thought ADs were an unnecessary medication, it turns out they are very necessary to me.

Or, something like that. smile

LOL about not specifying how many toes when booking a pedicure--I think that 9999 times out of 10,000 it would be just the usual ten. They could "eat" that extra toenail polish and time as part of the overhead and never miss it.

I can't believe how much I've been thinking about this! laugh

S
S
The more you think about other things, the less you think about you-know-who(I AM reading Harry Potter afterall), and you-know-what. Sometimes, distraction, even something silly, is welcome, KWIM?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
I love Harry Potter, Scotty. I've become a reader of the fantasy genre because of J.K. Rowling. Which book are you on?

S
S
The Goblet of Fire. I just got to the part where the Goblet is protected by the ring to prevent any young wizards from entering their names into it. Fred and George got beards. HAHAHAHA. I almost LOL in the lunchroom today when I got to that part. I need to read them more quickly. I would LOVE to see the last movie in theaters.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
OP Offline
H
You need to hurry up and read--you don't want to see the movie this summer if you haven't read all of the books.

I have a very spoiled niece who says she hasn't read any of the books because she doesn't want to ruin her enjoyment of the movies. The truth is that she just doesn't like to read. Are your boys readers? All of my kids are--my finest accomplishment as a parent is to know I've created readers and lifelong learners. The secret? I'd let them stay up an extra hour if they were in bed and reading during that extra hour. Worked like a charm!

S
S
DS10 used to LOVE to read, DS8 reads what he is interested in. When I was a kid, I read all of the time. As I grew up, I didn't read as often and then when I had my own children, I would only read books to them. Then, my friends were reading Twilight and they LOVED them, so I decided to read them, that was 2 years ago this March. I read all four books during March Break. I had to wait a couple of days for one of the books because someone else was reading that one. After that, I found my love of reading. I read the Outlander series by Diana Gabaldon. LOVE THOSE books. Shakespeare and Charles Dickens were always my favourite authors. I also like Stephen King, but I have a hard time sleeping when I am reading those books.

I watched the first 4 HP movies years ago. My WH LOVED reading and he read the HP books. He always wanted me to read them, I wasn't interested. I didn't really like the movies either.

2 summers ago, I made my friend a deal. She would read the Twilight books, if I read HP. She read Twilight and LOVED the books, so I am living up to my end of the deal, and I LOVE these books too. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 20 of 32 1 2 18 19 20 21 22 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 279 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation