Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 51 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 50 51
H
H
Originally Posted by Pepperband
there is a very small part of me that still hopes he will change

Let's continue to hope he will change (for the better) for his sake.
Let's never stop hoping that hope for each other.

We want "him" to change so he can be a better man.
With or without you.
Change for the betterment of him.

The hope that others might/will change for our benefit has a completely different flavor.
Would you agree?

Atena, When I came on this board I always had "hope" that XH would change. Even the screen name I chose bellied this "hope".

Do I still have hope..some but more so these days I have faith. "hope" only gets you so far...but Faith that is something real.

I have faith through others on this board that anything can happen
I have faith through all the statistics on affairages
I have faith that I am working through my own plans and doing what I am supposed to be doing for my own family.
I have faith in God and His good grace.

I have stopped asking for reasons for their waywardness and know they are just "aliens" right now. They could change in a second or not but we always have to prepare.

Blessings.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Atena, affairs CAN last for a long time, especially if those waywards are really good a lying, TO THEMSELVES.

We know why 50 year old men, chasing after women 15-20 years younger ends badly, but do those men? Nope. They lie to themselves and they believe their own lies. Waywards lie to themselves the most. They aren't following their true path. That is truly the saddest part of it all, seeing someone who COULD be so much more, wasting their lives being so much less. Wayward or not, it's sad.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
S
S
Originally Posted by atena
Hi all,
I just have a question about something. I am listening to MB radio and what Dr H is describing when he talks about spending 15 hours of undivided attention with your spouse is what OW and WH are doing.
So how can As die if the people in it keep spending time together such as lunches, conversation, recreation, good sex....
I mean, if the A partners do not live together their A can go on forever because they spend at least 15 hours of quality time together and do not have to share the day to day burdens of living together...
blessing

But you can't maintain the feeling of romantic love using just the 15 hrs UA time. The whole romantic part doesn't work without POJA/PORH which Dr H has written before that either one or both in an affair most likely WON'T be willing to use.

The problem a WS has of not treating the relationship with extraordinary care, which IS the basis for using all the other principles to maintain romantic love ~ meeting ENs, avoiding LBers, POJA, is what eventually leads to the affair falling apart...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
N
N
atena, it will not die if they keep spending that time together! That's why its so important for the A to stop immediatley. Im thinking what you're asking is when the BS is in plan B and the WS is still seeing the partner?

Well in that case, that's when the A is allowed to take its course. Everyone knows it has a slim chance of thriving long enough. The very behavior that started the affair ends up killing it. The fog is then lifted.

The WS sees it for what it really is. They may or may not be able to go back to the BS. Hard life lesson.....

BS-32-Me
WH-37
No kids
DDay- 10/2008
Plan A-02/28/2011
Recovery or nothing!
Married-10 years
Still recovering...
S
S
So how can As die if the people in it keep spending time together such as lunches, conversation, recreation, good sex....
I mean, if the A partners do not live together their A can go on forever because they spend at least 15 hours of quality time together and do not have to share the day to day burdens of living together...

This is why exposure is so critical. Exposure leads to all kinds of LBs between the APs as they wrangle with all the "real" issues they didn't have to deal with before.

When exposure alone isn't enough to kill the A, then yes... spending all UA time creates the feeling of romantic love and creates that addiction that is so tough to break.

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
S
S
Newsong, she is in Plan B.

Originally Posted by StuckWaiting
When exposure alone isn't enough to kill the A, then yes... spending all UA time creates the feeling of romantic love and creates that addiction that is so tough to break.

No, the UA time alone doesn't maintain the romantic love. Dr Harley has covered this both when discussing what spouses need to do in working his program and also when discussing the problems that affairages have...

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
S
S
This is from Dr Harley's Plan A/Plan B article.
As it turns out, most affairs end within six months of their seeing the light of day (being revealed to their family and friends), and almost all affairs end without leading to marriage. Even those few that end in marriage have only a 25% rate of success. That's because affairs are based on dishonesty and thoughtlessness for the feelings of others. That same dishonesty and thoughtlessness eventually turns on the lovers themselves, and the affair is destroyed by those same flaws that made it possible in the first place. What drives affairs is passion, not commitment, and once the passion wanes, there is nothing to help the lovers restore their passion.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Thank you all for you wonderful posts.
I tend to forget that A aren't really the union of 2 free people who fall in love in a "clean" way.
It is the union of 2 (or at least one) married persons in a filthy way.
So there are many ingredients missing in the mix and spending lots of time together is not enough if other elements are not in place.
Let's face it, the APs do not have many fond memories of the beginning of their relationship. What are they going to get a kick oN the : "do you remember when you used to sneak behind your wife and son's back". Wow that's thrilling.
ANd yes, once the passion wanes, and it will, how do they rebuild it?
They fake that the BS is back on the scene so they can sneak behind her back again and have exciting sex.
I just do not think WS realize how much of the passion of the A is actually based on sneaking and secrecy.
They think once the A is exposed they can finally stop living a lie and see the OP without hiding.
But I think that after a few months the thrill they used to get out of sex and seeing OP is greatly diminished.
They might attribute this to the relationship normalizing, but then exposure starts to work its magic and the [censored] eventually hits the fan.
And it is true, the more the WS is in denial the more he would want the A to work out, because if it does not....then that means he was wrong...and he is not wrong, of course not!! Or if he is, he will never admit it.
Well, I am going to move in less than a month. I found a great little appartment and I am now in the process of throwing away lots of junk from my M.
Feels like a relief.
Thank you and blessing

atena
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hi all,
i am doing better, it shows from me not posting every day as I used to...however just yestarday 2 friends said both the same thing to me. That they wanted me to know how good i am doing and how good i look and wanted me also to know how bad my WH looks. They both said he looks aged and un-kept. They added that it is strange I look so much better given I am the one who was dumped.
They said WH should be happy given he has everything he wished for: his freedom, OW, no family responsibility.
They believe he is finally seeing what he has done.
I disagreed saying that if he did finally see what he has done he would not be with OW.
Anyway...go figure why he looks bad.
blessing

atena
M
M
Hi buddy! How long until you move?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I move in 3 weeks...I just called the movers.
Is getting close..

blessing

atena
S
S
i am doing better, it shows from me not posting every day as I used to...however just yestarday 2 friends said both the same thing to me. That they wanted me to know how good i am doing and how good i look and wanted me also to know how bad my WH looks. They both said he looks aged and un-kept. They added that it is strange I look so much better given I am the one who was dumped.
Hurray!
hurray hurray hurray

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Sometimes I think people project their bias or judgment on WH and expect him to look bad so they see him as looking bad. But in my case I have to say that the rare times I saw him he did look un-kept.
The mystery to me is: if he looks bad and maybe feels bad...why does he keep seeing OW? Did the doctor prescribe her as a cure for something????

blessing

atena
M
M
I move in 3 weeks...I just called the movers.
Is getting close..

blessing

yippee!!! Are you getting excited?

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I am actually very sad. Been very depressed these past days. I guess the sale of the house, the move and the fact that WH is still with OW are the final tombstone on my M which, at this point, has not hope to go anywhere....
I guess it is a natural feeling...
blessing

atena
S
S
Did the doctor prescribe her as a cure for something????
I'm sorry to laugh when you are feeling low, atena, but that was funny!!!
rotflmao

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It is pretty funny, I admit it. And it really comes across that way...unless he is unhappy in every other situation except when she is with him. Then that's bad news for him.
I guess most of all I am upset at how stupid he is. He does look miserable, but then maybe he has been so for years. He was and looked miserable when he was with me, and things have not changed now that he is with her.
Even Dr. H said that WS are mostly unhappy in their new relationship with the AP.
blessing

atena
R
R
To heck with h i m.
Now, on to new and wonderful things (if you dare seek them) !

H
H
Hi Atena,
How do you like where you are moving? Maybe open it as a bed and breakfast so we can all visit! Love your current country.

Once you are out of that house you will feel better. You will have no reminders of OW and XH because you can't visualize them in your new living quarters. That will be a good thing because you can focus on yourself.

We do end up looking better because we are living a better life. Not perfect but peaceful and without drama.

When XH started his A, he was practically glowing, tons of energy to go out all the time to keep his A going, new clothes, working out, probably more handsome than he ever was.

Within 2 years time XH has gained close to 50 pounds, the new clothes he now wears is because nothing else fits him, he looks disheveled, started to smoke again, drinking like a fish, bankruptcy, Reality is the shineness of the A has faded and unfortunately he is one of the 3-7% that M his A partner.

The excitement cannot substain, they go back to their own habits and normal lifestyle. All that glitters is not gold.

There is no reasonabile explanation why they continue this path, Is it true love...no, it is more of a stubborness, refusal to accept the mistakes they made - no,

My reason...waywards are just dumb. Until there is remorse and the A implodes they will keep that path.

Good luck on your move. We at MB are excited for you.

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
S
S
Yes, good luck on your move!! How exciting!! You sound like you are doing great.(((atena))))

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Page 44 of 51 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 758 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation