Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 42 of 89 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 88 89
T
T
Our world is twisted and backward, armymama. remember the WW who sued her BH for checking her email to confirm an A? SHE cheated and HE got prosecuted? Stupid.

T
T
My newest rant - feeling like I have just been trapped inside the movie Pee Wee's Big Adventure

"I know you are but what am I?"

P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by Tawandabelle
My newest rant - feeling like I have just been trapped inside the movie Pee Wee's Big Adventure

"I know you are but what am I?"
How so?

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
B
B
TW;

I call it boomerang fingerpointing. Your could get whiplash from watching the comments get flipped, turned around and blasted back with Superhuman speed.

Some IC suggest this as a form of "therapy".

Answer a question with a question.
"Don't deny or agree, send it back C.O.D!"(Hey, I made a funny!!!)
If you do this long enough, surely your partner will give up.

Last edited by barbiecat; 03/07/11 07:30 AM.

Me; W 46
Him; H 46

2 girls
DD19
DD16
Dated/Married total 28 years.
..I am learning and working on myself.
S
S
Is it kind of like....

When my WH would say to me "Why do you have to make everything about you...?"

Then I would say back "I know, Why DO you make everything about you?"

He would just get confused and then forget his point...

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
C
C
...Infinity...

I don't make Monkeys I train em!

T
T
AAGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

If you are still married......DO NOT DATE! Dating while married is CHEATING....even if your spouse "cheated first!"

In the words of teens everywhere: O. M. G.

S
S
Grrr.

Rarely posting.

Barely posting.

Not contributing. Not helping.

Ever.

As is your right. You have every right to come in, get what you need and leave.

But you don't quite do that...

Having benefitted, when you were in crisis, from the help of volunteer posters, you come back to lob a criticism every once in a while of the way others give that help...the help that saved you.

That is insulting.

Grrr.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
P
OP Offline
P
Originally Posted by SugarCane
Grrr.

Rarely posting.

Barely posting.

Not contributing. Not helping.

Ever.

As is your right. You have every right to come in, get what you need and leave.

But you don't quite do that...

Having benefitted, when you were in crisis, from the help of volunteer posters, you come back to lob a criticism every once in a while of the way others give that help...the help that saved you.

That is insulting.

Grrr.

hurray hurray

Sugar!! You stole my rant!

“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
C
C
Originally Posted by SugarCane
..Having benefitted, when you were in crisis, from the help of volunteer posters, you come back to lob a criticism every once in a while of the way others give that help...the help that saved you.

That is insulting.

Grrr.

ITA SC. It seems people will not give up and admit they are fallible, so they attack others to point out details, so they won't have to look at themselves.

The punishment they inflict is mostly felt by them though, as in some people would rather live in that comfortable and can I say lazy world of believing they are ussually right, and the world is wrong. Thier ego would rather believe they were dealt a bad hand, when all along they were being taught and they were bad students.

They live with themselves, I guess as long as I don't have to, I can open my ears and hear from people with the right intentions, and hopefully also descern thier heart, which is what I care about.

Its Par for the course though, that it takes so much time for someone to change what they attack the very people and things that accually helped them in thier time of need, because they cannot see the spitit behind the help, and they want to restored to that "numb-minded" status they once enjoyed in ignorance.

Part of growing I guess.

K
K
Having been beat up too many times to count IRL for saying things wrong, I understand why people get alarmed here.

But really - having read the offending thread and read the early apology, And the beatings continue? Really? Really?

Come on people! I've read criticisms about posts with no apology in them that were way more worth getting offended at than the one you're climbing all over.

I guess when people have been swung at by prideful and arrogant waywards about their posting style, they see an attack when it was just a word.

Just a word, people.

Now, I can't go have the one man who needs to read that original post more than any conflict avoiding betrayed husband on this board because of all the detracting offended posts over a single word.

Me thinks the word bitter has been used as an abuse word at survivor betrayed spouses more often than we can count. And because of that, there seems to be an extraordinary need to snuff out any person who doesn't mind their words very carefully. Even after they apologize.

I think that's what gets my rant a going. HE APOLOGIZED. And the beatings continue. Now he's getting defensive. Can you blame him?

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
F
F
Let's tone this down and get back to business! If you have a complaint about a poster, click the notify button and let the moderators handle it. Otherwise, let this drop.

Thank you all.

T
T
I have no idea what is going on......but maybe I shouldn't rant here. It was actually a rant about how I am realizing MB is probably the only sane place on the internet. But I have used the work bitter before, and I am a FWW, so maybe I am one who has been insulting. So I'll just refrain......and sya thank you for the help and I realize now why it's to good to.....have have consistent principles.

V
V
Just sat down to waste time w/ the TV, stumbled across TLC's "Say Yes to the Dress" - a show about Kleinfeld's bridal salon in NYC and the brides who come there for their gowns.

What automatically comes to mind when they introduce one client w/ an imminent but "may have to be pushed back" wedding date...due to her waiting on the divorce papers from her previous marriage to come through?! GAH!!

It didn't stop there. She glossed over the "married my high school sweetheart and it didn't really work out," and was beaming over the fact she had "gotten a second chance" and "fallen in love with a wonderful (new) man" AND HAS AN 8-MONTH-OLD SON WITH HER NOW-FIANCE.

Ugh. I suppose I shouldn't be surprised that infidelity would inevitably taint a wedding-related show, but for it to be so happily put out there by the wayward bride-to-be....ugh.

Last edited by Mrs_Vanilla; 03/19/11 10:05 PM. Reason: edited subject + clarification

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
C
C
Sounds like another one "running on empty" doesn't it. Yeah a Cinderella show would have those kinds of storys, and that they are unaware of how stupid they sound.

Wonder what the Prince says about it...

M
M
My rant is about the use of the term "vet" on this board. It is typically used to refer to members who have been here for a long time as if they have some sort of elevated status and special knowledge.

Just because a person has been here for awhile means very little. I know people who have been members for 10 years who don't even OWN a single Marriage Builders book and wouldn't know a POJA from a ham sandwich. But, I know people who have been on this board for 6 months, who know this program inside and out. Those are the true vets, IMO!!

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

V
V
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
The higher the hair, the closer to God!!

Hmm, maybe we should implement a new vet application process... We would, of course, subdivide into Aquanet-assisted and/or stand-alone applications.

laugh

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
P
OP Offline
P
Okay, then we should add a definition list to the top of the forums. I'll start it:

Vets: members who have been here a long time and who may or may not know MB principles or even own an MB book.

SVets (sneaky vets): members who have been here a long time but who now only appear under false pretenses to (a) mine for email addresses or (b) to try and stir up trouble.

KVet (knowledgeable vets): members who have been here a long time, know the difference between a ham sandwich and a POJA, and post as much as they can to help.

PMBVets (practicing MB vets): members who have been here a long time and who actually practice MB principles, and post as much as they can to help.

U&CMVPVets (Up and coming MVPVets): members who have not been members for a long time, but who are striving to learn about and practice MB principles, and who selflessly post to those who need help.

MVPVets (most valuable player vets): members who have been here a long time, are extremely knowledgeable about and practice MB principles, and selflessly continue to post to those who need help.

Last edited by princessmeggy; 03/20/11 01:22 PM. Reason: modifying the vetting process :)

M
M
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
The higher the hair, the closer to God!!

Hmm, maybe we should implement a new vet application process... We would, of course, subdivide into Aquanet-assisted and/or stand-alone applications.

laugh

[Linked Image from i39.photobucket.com]

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
Okay, then we should add a definition list to the top of the forums. I'll start it:

Vets: members who have been here a long time and who may or may not know MB principles or even own an MB book.

SVets (sneaky vets): members who have been here a long time but who now only appear under false pretenses to try to stir up trouble.

KVet (knowledgeable vets): members who have been here a long time, know the difference between a ham sandwich and a POJA, and post as much as they can to help.

PMBVets (practicing MB vets): members who have been here a long time and who actually practice MB principles, and post as much as they can to help.

U&CMVPVets (Up and coming MVPVets): members who have not been members for a long time, but who are striving to learn about and practice MB principles, and who selflessly post to those who need help.

MVPVets (most valuable player vets): members who have been here a long time, are extremely knowledgeable about and practice MB principles, and selflessly continue to post to those who need help.

That is great!! hurray

Exposure 101

Page 42 of 89 1 2 40 41 42 43 44 88 89

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 624 guests, and 83 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation