Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#2492188 03/24/11 11:26 AM
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Does anyone have/know of an XWW who divorced her husband for OM, only to later regret her decision?

One of them ever realize there mistake after the divorce and try to get XBH back?

Or one that simply apologized years down the road.

(I'm not interested in XWH's who did the same thing, just XWW's)

I don't know why this poped in my head, it just did. I figured it could be an interesting discussion.

Me 34
WW 30
Abandoned Feb 17th 08, D-Day Aprl 27th 08.
Returned home Jul 7th, OC born 12/30/08
The FOG is clear, and we are in recovery.
P
P
Yes.

P
P
Hopeful_Person wrote this in 2007.
She tried and tried and tried.
Her BH was D.O.N.E. with her.

Originally Posted by Hopeful_Person
Wow! I was finally able to again login here. Haven't been here in ages.

Just wanted to say 'hi' to all my old MB friends, and also wanted to give encouragement to all here. Your marriage can be saved! If mine could be resurrected, anyone's can!

I came here about three years ago AFTER I was divorced. I was the former WS, and my husband had filed for divorce. The affair had lasted about four years, and for two of those years I was living with my husband. All told, my DH and I lived apart for 3 1/2 years, of which 1.5 years were spent legally divorced.

When I ended the dreadful A I found MB. It was incredible how my story was like so many others' here. What a mess I'd made of my life, and of my family's life.

After posting here for FIFTEEN months and getting much encouragment and advice from JL, Pepperband, Redhat, Litchfield, and so many others my DH finally agreed to a 'date'. The man hadn't spoken with me in years on any sort of level beyond 'hello'. It was so sad, but I took full responsibility.

That was almost two years ago this upcoming December. Our first dates were very strained and not romantic at all. Let's just say it wasn't like in the movies.

Very shortly after our first 'dates' we remarried. It all happened within about three weeks. That was just about two years ago, and soon we'll be celebrating the 24th anniversary of our first marriage.

Never, ever, give up hope UNLESS your ex has remarried. Believe me, my DH was very withdrawn and detached from me for YEARS. We don't talk much at all about our time apart. It's behind us, and we certainly don't dwell on it. It all seems like a bad nightmare, but we did learn from it.

JL always told me "patience and time". He was right.

All is going very well. Our three children are elated we're together again.

Hang in there, even if it seems hopeless!

Hopeful_person

P
P
This is the first MB post from Hopeful_Person .... She posted on the Divorced forum (2002) !

THIS is how she felt ONE MONTH after her divorce was final.

This is my first post here. I have visited the site off and on for awhile, but never posted. I am still quite uneducated about Plan A and Plan B. I have a lot to learn , that's for sure.

The bottom line is, my divorce was final over a month ago, and I am so unhappy about it. Separated for almost two years, and the whole separation was my foolish idea. Was foolishly involved with someone else during the end of my marriage, so I separated. H found out about the A four months after separation , and then all chances of working things out seemed out of the question.

I foolishly hung on to the relationship , the A, that I started during my marriage of over 20 years. I finally ended that horrible liason, after reading here, and coming to some sort of God given awakening. After separation, I could only keep comparing the BF with the H, and I could only see how superior the H was in every way, and how much I loved him. However, it's too late. He(now Ex-H) has been telling me for months now that he needs time, and he still doesn't know if he'll ever want to be with me again. I am heartsick beyond belief. He seems very doubtful, and says this is best for everyone.

Does anyone have any ideas and insight for me? My pastor told me to quit begging the now-ex, and instead to focus on a new life. He said that would be more 'winsome' to the Ex. I am doing that. We have three teenage children, and we recently attended a school event together. (ex and I) We met there. It was just him and me, and it was so wonderful for me. I felt more at peace, just being with him, then I have in years. I don't know how he felt, I didn't want to pressure him at all. He did initiate conversation, and he looked very happy. It was like old times, for me. I've known him for 29 years! (He's a quiet person, and he hasn't
initiated conversation with me in a long, long time)

Does anyone have a success story after an A and a final D? I feel heartsick , that I caused all of this pain and devastation.

Thanks for your input,
Hopeful_Person

Now divorced (one month now), was married 20 1/2 years, 3 children, separated almost 2 years ago

P
P
Hopeful_Person gets some advice (2002).

"The nightmare I created"

Hi All,

I have been reading here on MB for awhile, and I just registered to post yesterday.

I will tell my story in a nutshell. I began a long distance A almost FOUR years ago, and my H and I separated almost TWO years ago. (I was deeply in a fog) He found out about the A four months after separation, and he filed for D five months later. DUring this time I carried on with the A,(he visited the area weekly) and yet I would still occasionally ask the H if he wanted to reconcile. I just knew deep down that the A was no good, nor was the OM, but I must admit I was completely confused. This whole time, I did feel I loved my H. Very odd, until I have read here that this is common. The 'fog' thing totally hits home.

The OM relocated to live near me about a year ago. (leaving a family, sadly) The relationship with the OM began to slowly really fall apart, but I stayed with OM (he had his own place in this area) until July. After God leading me here in the spring, I read more about A's and the dynamics. I could relate completely. The OM , on top of it, was emotionally quite abusive, and I really felt caught in a sick web. I think I tried to make it work with the OM for so long just to justify having left the marriage.

I broke up with the OM in July, and he moved back where he came from. There's been no contact now in 7 weeks.(The last time he called, in early August, I hung up on him for the third time) He has respected my decision, and hasn't called again---and I blocked his email address, too. Because the relationship with the OM had gone on so long, I think the withdrawal wasn't as bad in some ways. That is to say, he'd been lying to me before I left him, so any 'visions' of him being a perfect, romantic partner were gone completely. Reality had firmly set in! Nonetheless, leaving him was still one of the hardest things I 've done, although it was truly one of the best things I've ever done.

Anyway, my divorce was final, ironically, about 4 days after the OM moved back to his own area. All this time, since spring--even before I left the OM, I would ask my H if he would consider reconciliation. He would always say, "Not now, maybe in time, but I guarantee nothing."

My now ExH has always been quiet, and not one to show his feelings. Once in August he agreed to counseling, but a few weeks later he said he wasn't ready, and needed his space. I asked him if he received the few cards I'd mailed him, and
he said 'yes, but they make me feel pressured.'

The other evening we went to a school event, meeting there--in regards to one of our three kids. We had lots of time to talk, and it was truly one of the nicest times I'd had in years. I don't know how he felt, but he looked relaxed and happy. I felt like I was 'at home', just sitting with him. I am respecting his need for space, and not saying anything or writing anything to him about 'us'.

I dream of being with him again almost nightly. Last night's dream was of a reconciliation, and was of course for me beautiful. I then wake up, and realize I 've created a horrible nightmare. He's gone, and we were married close to 21 years.
At times I feel completely beside myself with grief and despair.

Does anyone have any advice? Should I write him a card occasionally...or bring up reconciliation? I did say something directly a few weeks ago about trying again, when he brought the kids home from a weekend with him. He said he felt this was the best for everyone. I told him 'okay',and I said 'thanks for talking'. I refrained from begging or arguing,thank the Lord. Previously I told him I would wait for him, for as long as it would take, until he was ready. WAs that a mistake to say that?

All advice and insight is so needed and appreciated. BTW, as far as I know, he hasn't dated at all--I'm the only woman he's ever had. We've known each other for almost 30 years, and we have three children. We married after knowing each other for 8 years--most of that time as good/best friends, not 'sweethearts'.

Thanks in advance for your help,
Hopeful

S
S
I know of 2 couples very close to me that this happened to.

First is my mother and father. My mother left my father for her AP when I was 16. She married AP, my stepfather (who I'll admit is a nice guy, whom I care about...after I got over my anger) 3 years after she left my father. It's been 7 years since they married, and I every time I see my mother I see regret in her face. It's sad--not a passionate, outward regret... but a deeply sad, almost hopeless kind of acceptance of her fate.

My WW's parents divorced when she was 10, after her mother had an affair. They both remarried others later (not the AP), then re-divorced. Amazingly--they've remarried EACH OTHER 10 years after their initial divorce. My MIL says she regrets her decision to cheat daily...even more so, now that she realizes she probably taught her children that cheating was ok, too.

BS: Me, 27
WS: Her, 24
EA: October
PA: 11/22/10
Moved out 12/3/10
Moved back in mid-January.

In tentative recovery. Is that the sun I see, breaking through the fog?
T
T
A friend of mine's sister was a WW who left her BH and her then 8-year old son for her OM. Many years later, OM ditched her for another OW. She said she couldn't believe how painful it was and called her XBH up to appologize. Of course, he'd since remarried and was very happy in his new life and wanted nothing to do with her. Neither did her son who, by then, was a rebellious teen anyway. Last I heard, she's still on ADs and in therapy. My friend said the realization of what she had done truly ruined her life.

L
L
Originally Posted by Tabby1
A friend of mine's sister was a WW who left her BH and her then 8-year old son for her OM. Many years later, OM ditched her for another OW. She said she couldn't believe how painful it was and called her XBH up to appologize. Of course, he'd since remarried and was very happy in his new life and wanted nothing to do with her. Neither did her son who, by then, was a rebellious teen anyway. Last I heard, she's still on ADs and in therapy. My friend said the realization of what she had done truly ruined her life.

This is what im afraid is going to happen to my WW. She will not see what she is doing and will not waiver any. I'm afraid she will wait till its to late.

Me 37
WW 37
Married 14 years
4 boys 10,8,6,3
exposure Day 2/18/11
A started 11/2010
Divorced 7/21/2011
Has it been a year already??
T
T
Lostman,

You are VERY early in this. Keep the faith, brother.

BS(me)- 44
WS- 41
D-day #1- (EA) 08/02/2010
D-day #2- (PA) 09/24/2010
WS moved out- 11/11/2010
NC- 02/21/2011
Plan A
J
J
Hi there,
I do think they finally do get to a point where they actually realize what their choices have done to those they loved, sometimes they wake up soon enough sometimes they lose it all...........
I think they get to a point where the consequences are something they will accept.....it has to be only about them to do what they are chosing.
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Thanks everyone.

This is interesting to me.

Pep, I just want to be clear about one tiny detail. Both of those posts are by WW's who's BH's had filed for divorce, I am looking for WW's who filed and went through with the divorce, then felt regret for doing so.

Me 34
WW 30
E
E
One of my IRL MB buddies went thru this. Divorced and a year later (give or take a few months more than a year) they remarried.

It happened when she realized his darker than Dark plan D and B (he got custody of their very small child)left her in a place she didn't like. She also saw him moving on (the xww) and even ran into him when he was out on a date with somebody new (they were properly divorced at the time).

He didn't sulk. He didn't whine. He stood up to her, didn't take what she was dishing out with the affair, and took her to court and got custody. Suddenly she was "stuck" with her posom, living with him, and one day just woke up and realized she had left her husband, older child, and baby behind and moved heaven and earth to find her way back to him.

They're doing wonderfully, and am thrilled to call them dear dear friends. This is why MB works!~

But guys..KNOW that my friend totally stood up to her. When it was apparent her head wasn't coming out of another spot anytime soon (rectocranial inversion courtesy of the affair)and when she filed for D, he went for the jugular and made life and her affair quite a difficult place to call home. In fact, he LET the posom have her when it was divorce time.

Was the best thing he could have done, also standing up to her 100 percent. He also did kinda a guy makeover (along with his way of looking at things) and got really super duper sharp! Suddenly, her old BH wasn't old anymore, wasn't crying or begging or pleading, and goodness gracious...he actually began DATING! She also had to see her little child only every other weekend and he was still in plan B mode. She'd see him at the drop off's, and he'd make sure to always looks great (from afar, in his vehicle) and never give her any emotion.

What imho worked, was his being simply cool about things. Again, as a woman I can tell you we don't want men to beg or plead. Nah. Be strong!

This guy stood up to her 100 percent, but was in no way disrespectful, always told her the truth of the matter even though the wayward inside her resisted, but in the end, he was the one who saved everything!

It was funny. I remember asking him about a date he'd gone on, and how he'd had fun on it, and then he tells me how he ran into his xw and she burst out in tears, seeing him out with another woman (at the movies, or mall I think?).

I think his formula worked like a charm. Totally! And she's (his fww) is a lovely person now, and things are back to better with them! The kids couldn't be happier.

So...what the difference was:
1)no begging or pleading from him
2)awesome plan A (and with stick applied)
3)darker than dark plan B
4)when she moved out and wanted a d? He met that challenge and filed for FULL custody, documented everything foggy and wayward she did, and WON.
5)Began to do a "man-over" and tweaked his look, and faced the possibility of being single again with a smile (attractive to women, btw) and even changed some of his clothing style.
6)Never argued with x, just told her the truth, when they had any limited contact, which was what the waywards don't want to hear.
7)He somewhat befriended the bw of the posom, and gleaned AWESOME evidence against him, as the posom was a serial cheater.
8)Having (this is key)a smart, well-dressed, intelligent, CALM, together, non-pleading BH show her the CONSEQUENCES of her affair in the end, broke the affair up and sent the inner wayward which demonized his bw packing for good!

Want to know what will either 1)bring home a ww or 2)after divorce give you the W of your dreams?

Be like my friend was! You'll end up imho, happy with the end result of whatever happens. Incidentally, my DH, whom I married last year, is a guy who is calm, cool, collected, intelligent, well-dressed guy who is strong and never showed me he was anything less than who he says he is. Those qualities imho, are attractive to women.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
H
My WXW has never shown any remorse or apologized for anything. I don't know if she ever will.

But I don't care. An apology would be welcome but I never expect it.

A
A
I'll let you know about mine Gack just as soon as mine corrects her "rectocranial inversion" (I like that peachy!). I think some waywards panic and just want to legitimize things and fast track the divorce, and the guilt comes later.

Peachy,

That's excellent advice, and it's nice to hear about success stories from where I'm at in my situation right now. Thanks for the thoughts!

Last edited by AlreadyOver; 03/24/11 08:34 PM.
P
P
Originally Posted by Gack1
Pep, I just want to be clear about one tiny detail. Both of those posts are by WW's who's BH's had filed for divorce, I am looking for WW's who filed and went through with the divorce, then felt regret for doing so.

Oh! blush

P
P
EXCELLENT POINTS need to be repeated for emphasis !

Originally Posted by Peachy
So...what the difference was:

1)no begging or pleading from him

3)darker than dark plan B

4)when she moved out and wanted a d? He met that challenge and filed for FULL custody, documented everything foggy and wayward she did, and WON.

5)Began to do a "man-over" and tweaked his look, and faced the possibility of being single again with a smile (attractive to women, btw) and even changed some of his clothing style.

6)Never argued with x, just told her the truth, when they had any limited contact, which was what the waywards don't want to hear.

7)He somewhat befriended the bw of the posom, and gleaned AWESOME evidence against him, as the posom was a serial cheater.

8)Having (this is key)a smart, well-dressed, intelligent, CALM, together, non-pleading BH show her the CONSEQUENCES of her affair in the end, broke the affair up and sent the inner wayward which demonized his bw packing for good!

L
L
Originally Posted by peachyisback

Can you elaborate on that some? I need examples. Its confusing to me how to meet needs but not be a doormat and still apply stick.

Me = BH
DDay Dec. 2010
D filed Oct 2011 (by me)
D final 3/16/12
G
Gack1 Offline OP
OP Offline
G
Originally Posted by LostNtime
Originally Posted by peachyisback

Can you elaborate on that some? I need examples. Its confusing to me how to meet needs but not be a doormat and still apply stick.
Basically meet needs, but don't take any crap.

Have you determined your WW's emotional needs?

Me 34
WW 30

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 788 guests, and 55 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
daveamec, janyline, Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya
71,833 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation