Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32
H
OP Offline
H
It was good to get back to work--nothing like having to think on your feet all day to get your mind off of a wayward husband.

One of my nicest students moved today. He's been in 22 schools in 4 and a half years of school.

That fact isn't taken into consideration when I'm penalized for low test scores. He won't be tested now, of course, but he's not the only child I have whose home life guarantees struggles at school.

Yet it's all my fault. REALLY wish I'd gone to nursing school.

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
Quotable words from peachyisback
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
K
K
My son is doing a research paper on the need for parental involvement in education. as a former teacher (who got paid more as a secretary) I hear ya!

Cafe Plan B link http://forum.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2182650&page=1

The ? that made recovery possible: "Which lovebuster do I do the most that hurts the worst"?

The statement that signaled my personal recovery and the turning point in our marriage recovery: "I don't need to be married that badly!"

If you're interested in saving your relationship, you'll work on it when it's convenient. If you're committed, you'll accept no excuses.
P
P
Originally Posted by HopeandGrace
One of my nicest students moved today. He's been in 22 schools in 4 and a half years of school.

That poor kid. frown

BTW, in case no one has told you lately, thank you for being a teacher and willing to pour into the lives of other people's children. Teachers deserve combat pay IMO.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, KaylaAndy and princessmeggy for the kind words, especially for the thanks, PM. I haven't been thanked for being a teacher for a long time, if ever.

I've been up since 3:30. School is going to be fun today! Nooo

"Your future isn't sealed. Nothing bad is going to happen. You just put everything in God's hands and in the meanwhile, do all you can do as a woman to protect yourself and your finances and family. That's what your job is to do now and let God deal with the wayward. Trust me...you do not have to lift a finger. HE will deal with the wayward."
“Sometimes you don’t get where you want to go, but you get much further than you were before.” Tiffany on Top Chef
H
OP Offline
H
I'm stunned and saddened.

My sister just called. She's been having stomach pains for a few days; they ran a CAT scan on Wednesday. She has kidney stones (a chronic condition), a hiatal hernia, and--the WORST news--pulmonary fibrosis.

She's had systemic lupus since she was a teen and a myriad of problems with it. Kidney involvement. Stomach troubles. And now this--pulmonary fibrosis is a fatal disease. There's not much available in the way of treatment and the only treatments available just slow the progression of the disease.

Lots of people die within 1 - 2 years of receiving the diagnosis.

Robert Goulet died from this. A family friend, JT, died from it.

This is my baby sister and she means the world to me.

Please pray. Please.

C
C
I'm so sorry Hope. I will keep your sister in my prayers.

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, cabbage. I appreciate it so very much.

S
S
hug I am so sorry H&G, prayers for sure.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
J
J
H&G

I'm so sorry I know how that disease can effect a body I have Scleraderma same family, i have some of the same issues. remember to stay positive for your sister and remember with this type of disease there are meds to control things and it doesn't mean things will progress to a point that isnt manageable, they just have to give you the worst case scenario, a good attitude is crucial and i know for myself when the pity part comes into it it makes me sad, be her rock, give her a safe place to go where life can be normal even for a couple of hours visiting big sis......
it will mean the world to her
hugs jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
E
E
Agree w/Jessi in that always worst case is given. I am in medicine btw. Just be supportive and listen and encourage her to find THE BEST docs who do THE BEST work in that disease and take her to them.

Please always give her courage to open up about this and you just be there for her. GOD IS HERE! He hears our prayers for you, your sister and all you're going through.

God is here for you even during this tempestuous time HnG. He's here, has His arms stretched out for you and your sis, and will get you both thru this time. Hugs friend and prayers.

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, everyone. I still want to curl up and cry about it, but at least I don't want to curl up and die. I'll be here for my sister and I'm sure God will be here for us.

Thanks for being here for me although it seems most people have abandoned my thread. You don't know how much your support means to me. I don't think I'd have made it the past months without all of you. From the bottom of my heart, thanks.

S
S
I know what you mean. I can't even imagine what my life would have been like without the great people here. Actually, I can imagine it, and I SHUDDER when I do.

There may just be people who don't know what to say or have nothing else to offer. Have you thought about helping out others? I know it made me feel better to help others since I feel like I am paying it forward.

Just don't take on more than you can handle. And don't forget to live life. laugh

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
H
H
Often times, it's not that those who help have abandoned you. Sometimes, they have gained some confidence in you, and are allowing you to stand on your own a little - when you begin to show the strength to stand.

Those will often come to aid when they see you totter, or shudder... most often they will not let you fall. And if you do, they will help to dust you off.

It's the best kind of support, the kind that does not make you reliant, but gives you only what you need so that you can make the next step on your own.

Chin up, H&G.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
H
OP Offline
H
Scotty, I've replied on one or two other threads lately, but I haven't found many threads where I feel I can contribute. The Boys' Club (lots of WWs it seems) is self-supporting. They are doing a great job of being there for each other.

Harmony2010 is gone, so too with Mitzie and LGLG--they've all left MB. LG isn't here anymore. I miss them and wonder what's going on with them.

HHH, you said:
Often times, it's not that those who help have abandoned you. Sometimes, they have gained some confidence in you, and are allowing you to stand on your own a little - when you begin to show the strength to stand.

Those will often come to aid when they see you totter, or shudder... most often they will not let you fall. And if you do, they will help to dust you off.

It's the best kind of support, the kind that does not make you reliant, but gives you only what you need so that you can make the next step on your own.

Chin up, H&G.
Thanks for this explanation. I get it, especially the last paragraph. The past 2 weeks have been difficult for me and I did receive support. For that I am very thankful.

Learning about my sister's diagnosis has been horrible. I still can't believe it and don't want to believe it. I feel like my world is falling apart.

S
S
Hey, H&G! Just a quick post to let you know many of us are still here supporting you smile

So so sorry to hear about your sister. I know just how special sisters are, my two mean the world to me. In fact, we just got matching (small) tattoos that represent the three of us last summer...

Anyway, sending prayers and thoughts out to you. ((((H&G)))))

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
R
R
I'm still following you too H & G. I only add something when I feel it might be helpful.

I am sorry about your sis too. I have some similar stuff going on in my family (support people having crisis) and feeeeeel for you.

Hang in there girl!

H
OP Offline
H
Thanks, Susie Q and reading for the prayers and thoughts and hugs. Reading, I hope the people of your support system. It's a helpless feeling to watch others struggle when you are still struggling yourself, isn't it?

My best to all of you...

P
P
I'm still following too. I'm sorry you're hurting. (((H&G)))

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
H
OP Offline
H
Princessmeggy, I've never doubted that you were here for me and I need to remind myself that you all have lives beyond MB. Thank you for all of the times you've given much needed and welcomed support. (This goes for everyone, not just Princessmeggy.)

I'm more than a little ashamed of my pity party yesterday and earlier today. It's just been a rough time and, suddenly, my main support--my sister--has been diagnosed with a fatal disease. It seems more than I can handle, but I need to be here for my sister, my DS and other kids, and my mom. I just need to pull myself together.

And I will, starting today. I just spoke to my sister. She hasn't changed. She's still there for me and I'm there for her. She's a remarkable woman. I just wish she lived closer by but I will visit her for a couple of weeks this summer.

S
S
H&G, it's normal to feel that way about people leaving your thread. I felt that way. Then, I realized that it wasn't personal. It comes and goes. Maybe, you could take some time outside of MB to focus on other things, like those new hobbies. How are those coming BTW?

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
Page 25 of 32 1 2 23 24 25 26 27 31 32

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (whwh747474), 473 guests, and 54 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation