Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 28 of 50 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 49 50
S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
I spoke with her dad this afternoon, turns out WW had called him (apparently OM gave her a heads up or something) where she spilled everything. Said she really didn't want anything to do with him, but he would call and text every so often and she got weak.

But how would he have gotten her number?

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
N
N
Really sorry this set-back occurred, NW.

FIRST - Do NOTHING to make the situation worse (and coming from me, who NEVER found a situation he couldn't worsen, this is obviously vitally important.) If you feel you're about to lose control, bail! Trust me, handcuffs are unpleasant.

SECOND - You nailed her little disloyalty/conspiracy dead-solid immediately. Score one for NW. Her psyche is going to be a mess (I know yours is too, but I'm addressing the adult in this pas-de-deux!) LISTEN, twice (thrice?) as much as you speak when you and she get together. NOTHING you're going to want to say will be outside of what she knows you're going to come at her with.

THIRD - Break contact with her after a time. Go for a drive, catch a movie, do not stay with her. She needs time to think about what she's done, and you want her to imagine all the worst.

FOURTH - Review the "or elses" that were established in your initial discussions at recovery. Your call on this one, NW - if there were a clause stating "any breach of NC will result in....." you must seriously consider enforcing it. I would, but not everyone can.

This truly sucks. I wish you strength, bro.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
Questions: when is she coming home?

She just called and said she made it home.
Does she know you've talked to OM?

Not sure, but there must have been a reason for her to call her Dad and spill her guts. So, she must have figured it out--nothing showing up on Mobistealth, not sure if it's updated itself or not. Or if there's an affair phone.
How do you know OMW is going to be gone that long?

Spoke with the secretary. Tried calling her again and this time left a message with the secretary.

You've got to calm down. (Don't smoke!) This is a battle and you can't go off half-cocked. Is there someone who can watch your DD for a bit? You don't want to do this in front of her.

Not smoking and I'm avoiding talking because I know I'm not calm. I don't want this to happen in front of my kids. Told my FIL I had an inclination for him to come pick her up. He said he knew that, was hoping that we could work something out as he thought, this time (ha ha) she sounded more remorseful.

When she gets home, I would ask to see her phone. Just to see if she left any texts on there. (probably not) Then let her know that you know.

Mobistealth picks them up and the texts are probably long since deleted. She has to know that I know, or she wouldn't have called her dad unless it's just an astounding coincidence that she called him for confession and advice. She told him that she was coming home to admit everything and apologize to me. That's nice.

Regardless of who initiated this, your WW has resumed contact and has deceived you. She is a willing participant in this texting.

What do you want to do? Besides kick OM's [censored]?

I don't [censored] know what to do. Half of me wants to tell her to go to her parents house for the weekend (90 miles away), I cannot do another false recovery.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by AndyM
NW - Hang on and try to take a deep breath! Your emotions are RAW right now and you're not thinking clearly. Take a step back and think through what has happened. Then think about the outcome you want, based on EVERYTHING that has happened - not just today. Then sketch out a plan and execute it. If that's a Plan B, so be it. If it's kicking her out of the house and then executing a Plan B, so be it.

Regardless, I would blow this sky high on the OM side. He's pond scum and his acquaintenances should know.

I'm very sorry to hear this happened to you. I don't get WSs, I just don't understand the mentality very well. Why risk life-long happiness, commitment and family for short term temporal fun in the sun.

Thanks, Andy for sticking aroudn through this--I know you've got your own problems to deal with!

Trying to get my mind together, cannot go off without a plan, my kids cannot see me lose my [censored].

Me (BH)
FWW

X
Xau Offline
X
Keep on track, an option for you is to have her bags packed ready and she goes to her dad or your MIL. You let them know she stays there untill she evidences the extraordinary precautions. She fights for your love , if after a few days and you see no evidence of this Plan B her.

In the interim stay in controll , do not discuss the future and answer non of her questions . Actions in a cotrolled measured way, say little other than she has broken your trust again.

It is very important to rattle the OM cage , Facebook, friends and family anything , make this very uncomfortable for him.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by MelodyLane
Northwood, I am very sorry to hear this. You are on the right track, though. You have exposed the renewed contact. I would continue until you get ahold of the OMW and even consider calling the OM's parents if you can get them. If there are any more exposure targets I would do that too.

Going forward, you are going to have to take steps to prevent a repeat. If she is carrying on her affair over the phone, she needs to hand over the phone. Whatever means will have to be elminated. She will have to take extraordinary precautions to make sure this doesn't happen again.

And - listen carefully - you need to put the onus all on HER. It is up to HER to affair proof this marriage. Tell her you are not willing to live like this and she needs to take effective steps to protect you.

I applaud you for contacting that weasel scumbag and raising hell.

ML-

Yes, am going to re-expose this to his parents and suspected sister.

The phone is going to go away today.

Yes, this is up to her now. She can either quit this [censored] [censored] or file for a [censored] divorce. I'll be damned if I'm going to let her half-[censored] this [censored] like she's half-assed things before.

I'm getting pissed, gotta calm down.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Wife's calling my work phone as I type. I cannot answer it right now. Just not in the mindset to respond.
North, make sure you check your voicemail if she leaves one, even if you don't want to hear from her right now. You want to make sure DD is safe, right?

I answered-- she just said they had gotten home ok. You could just smell the elephant in the room over the phone. I just said, glad y'all made it back and hung up.

Me (BH)
FWW

X
Xau Offline
X
Send her to her father , parental pressure in this case may help and it gives you time to breathe.

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by SusieQ
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
I spoke with her dad this afternoon, turns out WW had called him (apparently OM gave her a heads up or something) where she spilled everything. Said she really didn't want anything to do with him, but he would call and text every so often and she got weak.

But how would he have gotten her number?

She must have given it to him. It'd take me a while to piece it together from the cell phone records, but it really threw me since she put the fake name for his phone number. It's like labeling your affair partner's number under your brother's name. You just wouldn't think to look.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
Really sorry this set-back occurred, NW.

FIRST - Do NOTHING to make the situation worse (and coming from me, who NEVER found a situation he couldn't worsen, this is obviously vitally important.) If you feel you're about to lose control, bail! Trust me, handcuffs are unpleasant.

SECOND - You nailed her little disloyalty/conspiracy dead-solid immediately. Score one for NW. Her psyche is going to be a mess (I know yours is too, but I'm addressing the adult in this pas-de-deux!) LISTEN, twice (thrice?) as much as you speak when you and she get together. NOTHING you're going to want to say will be outside of what she knows you're going to come at her with.

THIRD - Break contact with her after a time. Go for a drive, catch a movie, do not stay with her. She needs time to think about what she's done, and you want her to imagine all the worst.

FOURTH - Review the "or elses" that were established in your initial discussions at recovery. Your call on this one, NW - if there were a clause stating "any breach of NC will result in....." you must seriously consider enforcing it. I would, but not everyone can.

This truly sucks. I wish you strength, bro.

Thanks, NG. I'm wanting there to be consequences this time. Otherwise I'll look like a damned doormat.

If I didn't have kids, I'd have divorced her by now.

Me (BH)
FWW

S
S
My H did that with OWs name, she was secondary number under a friend's name.

OK, the reason that I am asking is I am confused how they reconnected if they had both changed numbers. Did they have each other's home numbers? However they did it, that loophole will need to be closed because you guys can't afford to go through this again.

I think you are doing great, just stay calm and give yourself some time to think all your options thru. Hang in there.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
V
V
NW, I am saddened and ticked to see this happen. (I have not followed your thread, just wanted to throw some more support your way.)

You're getting excellent advice, and, like Susie said, you're going great.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
M
M
She must have given it to him. It'd take me a while to piece it together from the cell phone records, but it really threw me since she put the fake name for his phone number. It's like labeling your affair partner's number under your brother's name. You just wouldn't think to look.
Ugh. This one hits home for me, and I hope other betrayeds on here are making a mental note of this. My H had his AP's number listed under a made-up business name, because he makes a lot of business calls and figured I'd never suspect it if I saw it in his contacts. puke

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

X
Xau Offline
X
She is on the back foot , you however have the outline of a plan. She tells you all, agrees to go to her parents , submits to a polygraph and has the opportunity to put into place practices to protect your marriage. You listen, stay focused firm up your thoughts , enact your plan and do not waver.

M
M
Vent here. If we see a post of yours, and all it says is "I'm ready to [censored] and then [censored] [censored] the [censored] I'm going to [censored] his [censored] until he [censored] [censored]" we'll know you're just getting it out of your system. grin

Just trying to help you with a little levity, North.

D-Day 2-10-2009

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by SusieQ
My H did that with OWs name, she was secondary number under a friend's name.

OK, the reason that I am asking is I am confused how they reconnected if they had both changed numbers. Did they have each other's home numbers? However they did it, that loophole will need to be closed because you guys can't afford to go through this again.

I think you are doing great, just stay calm and give yourself some time to think all your options thru. Hang in there.

I meant he changed his cell number probably because he knew that I had it. To hide himself better.

I'm not sure how she figured out his new number, she must have called him at work or something and he gave it to her then. Or that's how he got her new number. Who knows.

Me (BH)
FWW

X
Xau Offline
X
And assume by have another means of contact, she offers the phone and information verified by a polygraph you schedule for next week, if it gets this far.

N
OP Offline
N
Vent here. If we see a post of yours, and all it says is "I'm ready to [censored] and then [censored] [censored] the [censored] I'm going to [censored] his [censored] until he [censored] [censored]" we'll know you're just getting it out of your system. grin

Just trying to help you with a little levity, North.

smile Yeah, I guess it makes it hard to read when my post is redacted--but you're smart, you'll read between the lines smile

Me (BH)
FWW

M
M
Or that's how he got her new number. Who knows.
Ask her. The hope being that she's going to be ready to throw herself under the bus to save herself. Maybe she'll 'fess up everything.

D-Day 2-10-2009

S
S
Or that's how he got her new number. Who knows.
Ask her. The hope being that she's going to be ready to throw herself under the bus to save herself. Maybe she'll 'fess up everything.

Good idea. Tell her to start at the beginning & tell you everything and maybe it will be a good test of her sincerity by seeing how much detail she provides...

Last edited by SusieQ; 04/15/11 01:13 PM.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Page 28 of 50 1 2 26 27 28 29 30 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation