Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 43 of 50 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 49 50
R
R
OK, leave it to me to clean up the TJ mess.

Hows it going North?

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
N
OP Offline
N
Hey Reynolds,

Going fairly reasonable I guess. Neither of us think it's perfect yet, but we talk about it. W surprised me last night by using the term Love Bank when describing something that happened that day. Kids were acting up and I had an AO. She said it withdrew some, then we talked about my $LB some.

I don't know guys, neither one of us are really "romantically" in love with the other. But we've been talking about what is affecting our dynamic (she does certain things, I do certain things) so I guess that's ok that we're having quality conversations.

She said she was soooooo ready to move past all of this and get to the "good" life. Kind of nice to hear, and I agreed I was ready, too. But we're just kind of struggling sometimes with the day-to-day drudgery (anti-UA time) that comes with marriage, work, mortgage and kids.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

A
A
Reynolds - well, thanks for cleaning up. Ditto - NW; how's it going today?

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
C
C
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Yeah, maybe I'll move in onto your thread. You can edit your thread's title from "Another unfaithful wife story - I'm heartbroke" to "Another unfaithful wife story - I'm heartbroke and don't know what this sounds like"

The rest of this thread can be used to discuss how Reynolds is to blame for global warming and Donald Trump's hair.

I thought His hair was part of global warming...?

Well the renaming of the thread sounds cool, and hiding it whithin the don't know -- "what this sounds like" statement, well the chuckle was great...but you will have to shorten it.

R
R
North, its like that for everybody - kids mortgage life in the way. Otherwise we'd all have had perfect marriages and no one would be on this site.

W and I counselling with Steve together Thurs. I am pretty excited - hope it turbocharges things for us - end tj.

FBH,Dad
C
C
knock knock! hey guys, seems there are wackness going on the forum today, i know i am new but i get a bad sense, and you all are leaving it up to the women to monitor the mess. the ladies are doing a great job!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

R
R
Hi Chickadee, I did report to the mods when i saw the problem I think you are referring to. And it stopped so I think that worked.

I do know he had already drawn some attention from MBSeasons, and Marital was following as well.

Anyway hopefully he takes the hint. Probably some teen in his moms basement if I had to guess.

FBH,Dad
H
H
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
Hey Reynolds,

Going fairly reasonable I guess. Neither of us think it's perfect yet, but we talk about it. W surprised me last night by using the term Love Bank when describing something that happened that day. Kids were acting up and I had an AO. She said it withdrew some, then we talked about my $LB some.

I don't know guys, neither one of us are really "romantically" in love with the other. But we've been talking about what is affecting our dynamic (she does certain things, I do certain things) so I guess that's ok that we're having quality conversations.

She said she was soooooo ready to move past all of this and get to the "good" life. Kind of nice to hear, and I agreed I was ready, too. But we're just kind of struggling sometimes with the day-to-day drudgery (anti-UA time) that comes with marriage, work, mortgage and kids.

I've seen people make the "no relationship talk during UA time" call, and at one time I bought it.

However, I think that is something more important when trying to reach reconciliation. It's kind of like the "no kid talk" rule.

Our marriages and our children are large and important pieces of our lives - sharing and discussing these things is a part of intimate conversation.

There is just one simple rule; keep it pleasant. If it becomes unpleasant for a second, it needs to be dropped, and a new line of conversation began.

As things progress, you will progress to planning for the future and reminiscing about the past. Yes, there will be a purposeful gap.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
C
C
thank you for answering the man door- reynolds. i think they got him, i was getting my back up and was going to use all of my DJ's and AO's on him. would have been a relief, but i am from NY so it could have gotten ugly. sorry north, for the sidetrack.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

W
W
Good to hear you and your W are getting along now...

No worries NW about lack of romanticism. I wouldn't expect much from my WW if/when she returns to our marriage. I would be grateful if she came back, and would allow plenty of time to reconnect romantically.

A couple nice dinners out (without kids) would help... A walk around the park or neighborhood, holding hands would help..

Snuggling in front of the TV watching her favorite show would help...

You get the idea. You love each other, or you wouldn't be where you are right now.

Think back to the days of dating, and try some of your old "moves" on her. Buy her flowers. Write a love letter. Make dinner.

Man I have a huge list of things just waiting for the chance you are getting right now!

Put on your best Antonio Banderas and romance the he11 out of her!

smile

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
Thanks, TB, for the reminders/suggestions...kind of get sidetracked sometimes and forget that some things just take a little longer to get right the second time around.

I'm actually out of town today and tomorrow. I think she's called three or four times today--hard to say when that happened last and it's kind of nice.

Someone posted this, thought it kind of fit where I'd like my mindset to be very soon:

I have changed my perspective from using MB to protect myself from his LB to using MB to learn how to protect my husband from myself. I no longer see myself as being in a defensive war against him. Rather I see us together, on the same side, hand in hand and fighting a battle against the things that would destroy our marriage. We're on the same side.

So, thanks again for checking in on me--I've made a mental note to step up things a bit when I get back.

Me (BH)
FWW

C
C
Awesome quote NW

S
S
Really awesome quote NW.

what we learned at Marriage retreat with FamilyLife was so important: "MY SPOUSE IS NOT MY ENEMY." Its not a war. Its not a chess game. There is no keeping score. Just protect your spouse from yourself by eliminating LB's. We are together hand in hand.

I wish my WW felt that way right now.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
S
S
Originally Posted by TimBurned
A couple nice dinners out (without kids) would help... A walk around the park or neighborhood, holding hands would help..

Snuggling in front of the TV watching her favorite show would help...

You get the idea. You love each other, or you wouldn't be where you are right now.

Think back to the days of dating, and try some of your old "moves" on her. Buy her flowers. Write a love letter. Make dinner.
We do all those things right now. Through all this mess.
Back rubs, snuggling, cups of tea, making her dinner, folding laundry together, picking up candy/prescriptions/small gifts, nice dinners out, walks hand in hand, bike rides. We say grateful things to each other, snuggle tenderly, share a bath, make love, say "I love you tons". Its all so good and yet she feels so bad and won't commit to M and set herself free. So frustrating. The limbo is tough and I am stuck with it for all of Plan A which I am resolved will be a long effort if it has to be. (we have 4 kids.)

Last edited by stretch123; 05/04/11 10:18 PM.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
W
W
Wow, Stretch.

I haven't had a chance to run through your story, but if you are doing all those things I wouldn't call that Plan A! I'd call that Plan Love!

All those things you are doing....I miss. I am in Plan A (and also in Divorce). I get no contact...no kisses, no hugs...no "I love you's"

So are you in recovery? If so, are you both going to Marriage Counseling? How's that working?

And the making love part... wow! Even with all that romance, your WW won't commit to the Marriage?

I'm no expert but are you sure she's not still in an EA or PA?

(Sorry to T/J again, but I'm confused about Stretch's situation...)

DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
TB,

No worries about t/j. I kind of had the same questions (had thought they were doing good) but I understand that stretch's W recently emailed her OM but was rejected. I think OM is in a band or something.

Me (BH)
FWW

W
W
I see.

So Stretch's WW is holding on to hope that she'll get her OM back?

Can you say "false recovery"?

Stretch is getting his EN's met (apparently) but his WW is just "appeasing" him? That's no good. Looks like she's trying to have the best of both worlds.

Hopefully Stretch can reign her in...and she will give up hope for the OM and return to her marriage 100% instead of what she's giving right now.

Good luck, Stretch!

DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
A
A
TimB - I'm glad you see the potential FR here. You and I need to be extra vigilant if either one of ours comes back. I think both of us have an 'elevated risk' of false recovery, given the personalities we're dealing with! They just ain't gonna fold easily and admit a mistake!

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
W
W
Yep. They're definitely related...somehow!

wink

DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
W
W
Another T/J (Sorry NW!):

I have a question about Mother's Day and my WW's birthday coming up.

Mother's Day is this Sunday May 8th. I plan on picking up a couple cards from the daughters to mommy for her special day. Should I get her a card from husband to wife for Mother's Day or should I shun her on that day? (She did NOT get me a Valentine's Day card...) Flowers and a card are the normal gift for Mom's Day in the past. A couple potted hanging baskets to go out on the deck too...

And her birthday is May 13th.... Ironically Friday the 13th this year LOL!

Do I bother to get her a gift, and a card and flowers? Or do I shun her on that day too??

DD5's birthday is also on May 13th (yep, she gave birth on her birthday!) So of course I'll be showering DD5 with all the love and presents a dear daughter deserves from her daddy!

Remember I am in divorce (served on April 12th) and WW shows no signs of turning it around.... And I've been Plan A'ing my [censored] off all the way...

Thoughts??

DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
Page 43 of 50 1 2 41 42 43 44 45 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation