Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 44 of 50 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 49 50
N
N
So let me get this straight.......

TB and AM are currently here on NW's thread, discussing the odds of S123's situation being an FR?

[Linked Image from chumpysclipart.com]

The ladies ARE right, it appears - We guys just cannot refrain from scattering our things all over!

To the man-cave, with all speed.......

A
A
NG - ROTFLMAO - Yup, your analysis is correct! We needed a place to meet and this fit the bill. Geez, what's the problem? We know where everything is!

PS: Oh, and it's all Reynold's fault. Those Canucks are sneaky!

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
H
H
Lol.

You guys are gonna tick off Reynolds, and he's gonna come 'a lookin' fer us... with a moose cannon.

Last edited by HoldHerHand; 05/05/11 10:27 AM.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
A
A
Moose cannon? - Is that some kind of hair spray or dessert?

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
W
W
... Isn't that what's UNDER the moose??

wink

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
NG-

Like Andy said, at least we know where everything is no matter how unorganized it appears to the untrained eye.

I'm gonna go post a note to Andy on stretch's thread and ask him what he thinks about Reynolds. As before, this is obviously all Reynolds's (Reynolds' or Reynold's??)* fault, though the guy is kind of hard to bait. Actually, I think he's on vacation or something.

*Sorry, never can remember how to make possessive a word that ends in 's'. Reynolds should just change his screen name to something without an 's' on the end. We're Americans, after all, so shouldn't we be the ones to tell him what to do? smile

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by TimBurned
... Isn't that what's UNDER the moose??

wink

No idea, never laid eyes on a moose before. But I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express last night.

For real.

Me (BH)
FWW

S
S
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
So let me get this straight.......

TB and AM are currently here on NW's thread, discussing the odds of S123's situation being an FR?

[Linked Image from chumpysclipart.com]

The ladies ARE right, it appears - We guys just cannot refrain from scattering our things all over!

To the man-cave, with all speed.......
What a mess. Big fat bunch of thread jackers we are

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
R
R
Not even going to try to untangle this mess or figure out why its me that always takes the brunt of it. But Andy I think you started it. Don't make me go get Melody.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
K
K
Sorry..English nut here.

It's Reynolds' . Just thought I'd help out. smile

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Sorry..English nut here.

Cool. Thanks for helping me out there smile

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
Originally Posted by karmasrose
Sorry..English nut here.

HEY! We don't need no advice from no Englishman, "nut" or not.

We Americans put the apostrophe any-the-hell-place we want to to, got it?

(Bad enough we got Canadians scurrying around.........)

A
A
Reynolds - If you're still on vacation - hope you're having a great time and, yes, I did start it this time. ;-)

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
R
R
No I am not on vacation until 5pm today. Can't wait for inlaws to pull into town and take junior - so we can get the heck outta here.

NG, we don't scurry. We paddle, or sometimes walk around in moccosins or rubber boots depending on the season. It can get pretty muddy when you're out collecting the maple syrup.

Scottys gonna kill me eh for spreadin the stereotypes LOL.

FBH,Dad
No half measures, in anything.
S
S
Originally Posted by TimBurned
Wow, Stretch.

I haven't had a chance to run through your story, but if you are doing all those things I wouldn't call that Plan A! I'd call that Plan Love!

All those things you are doing....I miss. I am in Plan A (and also in Divorce). I get no contact...no kisses, no hugs...no "I love you's"

So are you in recovery? If so, are you both going to Marriage Counseling? How's that working?

And the making love part... wow! Even with all that romance, your WW won't commit to the Marriage?

I'm no expert but are you sure she's not still in an EA or PA?

(Sorry to T/J again, but I'm confused about Stretch's situation...)
Tim,
I will go over to my thread and answer soon. thanks for the questions .

Its not a R yet . So it cant be FC.
I know we are not in R . WW is undecided. She is trying. But really confused. Meanwhile I hurt bad. But making myself stronger.

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
W
W
Hey NW it's been a week since your last update...

How's it going?

Me: BH (47)
Her: WW (46)
DD9
DD12
DD20
D-Day 2-3-2011
Exposure 2-23-2011
Plan B letter given 7-12-2011
Divorce Complete 11/2012
Re-Married June 28, 2014
N
OP Offline
N
Hey TB, good to hear from you.

It's going pretty well though earlier this week we caught ourselves going back to the old habits. UA time had slacked considerably, but we're turning that around.

I'm feeling better about the marriage, though, so am having fewer down moments. W's working on it pretty hard and the SF thing is slowly resolving itself.

FIL gave us a set of old golf clubs that he had. We're going to try to hit a driving range in the next week or so, hopefully we won't embarrass ourselves too much but neither of us could care less if we do smile

The main difficulty now is the financial situation that we face since W quit her job. While it was pretty tight when she worked, now it's like everything hits all at once. Car repairs seem to be the PITA of the week, part of the downside of having two cars that are paid for yet getting up there in mileage and age.

For some reason, the money issue doesn't bother me like I thought it would. It'll turn out eventually crazy

Hope you and the kids have a good weekend, TB. Thanks for dropping by!

Me (BH)
FWW

H
H
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
The main difficulty now is the financial situation that we face since W quit her job. While it was pretty tight when she worked, now it's like everything hits all at once. Car repairs seem to be the PITA of the week, part of the downside of having two cars that are paid for yet getting up there in mileage and age.

This is what lead to FWW and I's current spat.

Since you felt you and your W are the reverse of FWW and I; how are you handling the financial stress? Can you manage, or will you get caught up catastrophizing?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

N
OP Offline
N
No no no, no need to post that little cartoon on my thread! smile

We've got a financial problem, so now we'll just have to deal with it. While I can thank WW and OM for that, it's not the worst thing that could happen. So no catastrophizing here!

Me (BH)
FWW

H
H
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
No no no, no need to post that little cartoon on my thread! smile

We've got a financial problem, so now we'll just have to deal with it. While I can thank WW and OM for that, it's not the worst thing that could happen. So no catastrophizing here!

I can tell you that I am not at all a catastrophizer, but after dealing with the A, some catastrophic thought has occurred.

At my worst, I have thought about washing down the last of the vicodin in the house with tequila. (<--- that's a first admission)

When I say that I live by the seat of my pants, I don't lie. However, I usually do my best when SHTF and chaos ensues. Where others panic, I am at my most calm and collected while everything is crumbling.

"Ok, here we are, now let's figure out how we get back OUT!"

Got a lot of bill collectors calling right now. Buckle down, finish this leg of school, dig out after.

Page 44 of 50 1 2 42 43 44 45 46 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 827 guests, and 50 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation