Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44
M
M
"hey sexy baby, have a nice day"
rotflmaoI remember, early in recovery, when I was checking our bank accounts online - I almost lost it when I saw a charge on our account that clearly was WH and his girlfriend - I held myself together and asked about the charge. It was a charge from an overnight stay of mine and H's that included a meal I'd forgotten about. blush You'll have that.

Last edited by maritalbliss; 05/06/11 07:43 PM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
btw- when do you say recovery? what is that line you have to cross, just want to know it when i get there....

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
off to my first family function of his, lets see what happens, they are very sweep under the rug types. he agree not to leave my side, and when i am done we can go. he thanked me for doing this, lets see how the day procresses, there is always drama. I look great though and i am not helping with the dishes! this is certianly not high on my scale of this i want to do, but we have negotiated.

here i come in-laws take that!
but i really dont want to go...

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
ok well the weekend was ok, got thru the family with out any issue, yes they ignored the whole thing, they did catch him and ask how he was doing!!!???.... what am i wood, or i have i locked him in the closet beatiing him, he was the wrong dooer- "no the bus that rolled over me and then backed up, no that was nothing i am ok, thank you for asking." ( my vent)

Let me ask the vets since they have se so many stories come thru here. May be its my neurotic day...

I have read so many posts and it seems that i have gotten off pretty easy, he is eager with the program and really into it, it has definately changed the way he is thinking in may different aspects also. (please dont hit me with a 2x4)

I know i had a few trickle truths that lasted a month or so. maybe i am forgetting that it was bad. But i havent had to drag him by the hair to do any of this. Its just getting me to think.... i dont know what i am questioning, just that so many other have to work so had to get thier WS to see the light.

thoughts????

am i missing something or did i just get that lucky (lets not put too much into that word. Lucky- thats funny...... you know what i mean.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

H
H
btw- when do you say recovery? what is that line you have to cross, just want to know it when i get there....[/u] If he is making compensation has EPs in place and you are actively working on the recovery plan...Then My dear you are in recovery.

[u]I have read so many posts and it seems that i have gotten off pretty easy, he is eager with the program and really into it, it has definately changed the way he is thinking in may different aspects also. (please dont hit me with a 2x4)
You did get off easy and have a remorseful H. Does that help...no not really the hurt is still done. But I can assure you its better than being in the abyss.

Be glad and rejoice but dont make the mistake I did. Getting complacent in your M will inevitably let this happen again. Pay close attention to the principals and apply them year after year. ENs, POJA, PORH and UA time is something none of us can afford to fail with.

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
P
P
My H did a turn around on D day.
That's not saying he did not tell a few lies after D day.
He's an alcoholic, so there was that too.

But, MY SWEET BABOO was eager to stay married to me .... and losing the OW was no biggie for him.
I think my H's A relationship had already lost most of it's luster/sparkle/woo-woo anyway. He was more than ready to quit his bad self.
He felt like a turd on stale moldy bread.

C
OP Offline
C
yes all of EP are in place. working on plan, with guidance from Jennifer, which has been great- I dont know if i am ready to say recovery, i think i am still in shock, is there a pre-recovery stage? I guess the word is tough, i dont know if i will ever fully recover, i will be different...

OMT- "You did get off easy and have a remorseful H"- it does help hearing it, i guess i also thought i had a non cheating husband so i am still in that uneasy frame of mind. I am a prove youself kinda gal.

pep you just make me laugh. your sweet baboo, knew that he was going lose and amazing person. I think that fact that my H- skanyho, was a psycho bunnie burner helped my situation.

thanks for the help!!!!

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

H
H
Girl look at some of the other threads where WSs are leaving, spewing and the such. But your right action mean something and words mean little. But if his "actions" show repentance. Then the only thing that WILL STOP recovery is resentment. Im not much of one to preach on that subject because its been the single biggest hurdle I have yet. I cant figure out the path over that huge mountain yet either.

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
N
N
Originally Posted by chickadee1
am i missing something or did i just get that lucky (lets not put too much into that word. Lucky- thats funny...... you know what i mean.

Maybe you're just so used to being on the offensive/defensive that now you don't know how to just be "ok". For me, I think I would pick at something that was not wrong just to make sure that it wasn't wrong and end up damaging it in the process. Make sense? A hard habit to break.

I don't know if you got lucky or just caught this early where others had let a lot more damage occur before trying to get back on track.

If y'all are both actively trying to change the dynamic between you, I think you'll start to see an improvement. You know how your mindset/thinking changes so much in this, see how you feel in, say, one week?

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
OP Offline
C
Ohh i know looking at he threads make me very thankful. he is defintely working it. Its just me being the doubter and saying, could this really be true?

I do know that resentment will be difficult and it will rear is ugly head from time to time- i am trying to put those thoughts out of my head. becasue i think that people tend to fall into that resentment rut and it hard to get out of it, and the only person i would be damaging is myself.

I am going with-- I wont be able to meet anyone's EN if i am being resentful. Its like answering the phone with a smile.

(I can have my own pity party dont get me wrong (privately)).

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

N
N
Strangely, I found that having a pity party by verbalizing here helped the most. Usually, someone ahead of me would respond and put things back in perspective. I don't know, maybe just putting it all down on screen (versus "on paper" smile ) helped out and was cathartic. It's been a while since I had my last "woe is me" time, quite a change from several times an hour.

Do what you can with the resentment, it's a hard thing to let go of sometimes, but it sounds like you're on the right track.

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

C
OP Offline
C

"Maybe you're just so used to being on the offensive/defensive that now you don't know how to just be "ok". For me, I think I would pick at something that was not wrong just to make sure that it wasn't wrong and end up damaging it in the process. Make sense? A hard habit to break."- this is me!!! makes complete sense. say the word pick and i am on it.

this fourm has helped me with my pity party, thanks for coming to it there is no charge. I am glad NW that you arent "woe is me -ing it too much- i call it eeyoring- like the winnie the poo.

did you just say Y'all????

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

P
P
Here's how I look at this.

DD final 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3.7.11

You're doing fine.
Your D day & NC letter was not that long ago.
You're still on that emotional roller coaster.
rcoaster

Our adultery-hell-a-mess was 15 years ago.
I never thought I'd feel as in love and as happy as I am now.
Our 30 year anniversary is right around the corner.

Steady as she goes.
I does get better.

C
OP Offline
C
pep! the bottom fell out again... i knew it,.. there is more. see no time for the weary or to be comfortable, learned that this has been going on with many more and longer.... i think i am going to plan b. uggh he is in the other room crying bc i pull more shot from his [censored]. i think i may make him leave tonight

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
the poly was scheduled soon (phone tag), but still pulling [censored]

i dont know if 10 (thats how long i am gathering-) out of 24 years is worth it. he needs help, if he thought that sitting arouund for 24 year, did not show that he wasnt needed. give me a fnk break. are you a moron. i did say that and i dont care that i had a DJ.

dont know who i have been married to for 10 years, he doesnt know who he is. gave it my all, planned a like a winner, he need to figure his own sht out, dont think i am up to accepting and forgiving 10 yrs.

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

C
OP Offline
C
a friend is picking him up

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

S
S
chick, what happened???

{{{chickadee}}}

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
C
OP Offline
C
well oh dear.. more crap came true.

i told him he needed to figur out his charater. i dont know what to say you have to me questiona

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

M
M
Originally Posted by chickadee1
well oh dear.. more crap came true.

i told him he needed to figur out his charater. i dont know what to say you have to me questiona
Chicka, are you drinking? Please do NOT drink tonight! Please post if you are reading this and let us know you are okay!

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

C
OP Offline
C
had a glass of wine. I cannot type and spell and i have fake nails on. was working the plan a to the max. I am fine, just stunned. thank you for responding. taking the nails off

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
working the plan

Page 10 of 44 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 497 guests, and 39 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation