Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 7 of 44 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 43 44
A
AEK1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Good night last night. He took me in his arms and said how very sorry he was. He said that he had been unhappy for 4 years.... Oh that hurt but atleadt he is talking. He doesn't talk so this was a good move forward. We made love and it felt right/better. He hopefully will see from that that when he shows affection his en are met!
Hoping for a good day today!

M
M
Will you follow through with the poly? I've heard that many waywards will hope that they have escaped the trap by agreeing poly but secretly hoping that the suspecting spouse will not follow through.

One poster here described that her husband finally made a confession just before the poly, when they were sitting outside in a car...

Me (FWH) 44
Mrs_Recon6mo (FWW) 42
Married 22 years
2 Children 20 and 22 years
Last D-Day for me: May 2009
Last D-Day for her: October 2008
A
AEK1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I will follow through with the poly. Not sure when I should do this. Any advice?

S
S
Originally Posted by Xau
Now he has agreed to the polygraph ensure you keep it handy, do some research where to have this done but do not book the session yet.

Set a time limit as to who long you wish to question him then decide if you need to book the polygraph or if you can move forward with trust.
I don't agree with this advice. It goes against everything I have seen recommended here.

NEVER proceed on the basis of trust, especially after your H had an affair. Remember, this was a long, deep PA which has affected your H profoundly.

On this site, people are always advised to proceed with a polygraph and NEVER to abandon it. Even though the WS will start to confess days or minutes before the test, you must still go through with it.

Some confess only some of the details hoping that you will call off the test and not find out the rest of the details.

You need to tell him that the test is booked - perhaps a week in advance - and give him the chance to confess. Tell him that this is his chance to come clean, and if it is discovered in the test that he withheld anything or lied to you, there will be consequences (e.g. Plan B, if that is the next appropriate step).

However much he confesses, do NOT back down from the test. Trust is entirely inappropriate in your marriage.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
A
A
AEK1,

Definitely follow through with the polygraph soon. My H and I had great hysterical bonding after D-day (the name for intense and frequent SF after D-day). My H was still not telling the truth. The day before the poly was scheduled a huge amount of information came out.

Also, I believe that one of your questions should be about the last time your H and OW were in contact. Your H's behavior sounds like continuing contact to me. Edit because I just read that OW is in the school area and you end up seeing her frequently. Move.

AM

Last edited by armymama; 05/11/11 06:00 AM.

BW - 70
WH - 65
M - 35 years
D-day - 17 Apr 08
H broke contact 11/1/09
Back in love after the worst thing that every happened to us.
H
H
Originally Posted by pokerface
AEK1

It strikes me that your H stated appearance as high on his EN since you have said that OW is overweight and very unattractive. Is he being honest with his EN or is he just "rewriting" history.

Does this seem off to anyone else ... maybe I am just reading too much into it?

Reading too much into it. Waywards tend to go for a class well below their spouse in many aspects.

He wanted to rut in the mud, and got himself another pig to rut with.

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
M
M
Originally Posted by AEK1
Good night last night. He took me in his arms and said how very sorry he was. He said that he had been unhappy for 4 years.... Oh that hurt but atleadt he is talking. He doesn't talk so this was a good move forward. We made love and it felt right/better. He hopefully will see from that that when he shows affection his en are met!
Get that poly scheduled and don't let his words appease you into inaction. I suspect he is trying to gaslight you and distract from proceeding with the poly.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

A
AEK1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
It's so unusual to get polys in the UK. I don't know anyone who has done it.

A
AEK1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
We have had a good day and he has cuddled me a lot. We have listened to hours of MB radio too.....and I think he gets it. I am so nervous about the poly.......

M
M
It's so unusual to get polys in the UK. I don't know anyone who has done it.
Yes, that is my understanding. But it can be done. We have posters on here from the UK, and I'm hoping they'll be able to help you with the process.

D-Day 2-10-2009

P
P
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
Originally Posted by pokerface
AEK1

It strikes me that your H stated appearance as high on his EN since you have said that OW is overweight and very unattractive. Is he being honest with his EN or is he just "rewriting" history.

Does this seem off to anyone else ... maybe I am just reading too much into it?

Reading too much into it. Waywards tend to go for a class well below their spouse in many aspects.

He wanted to rut in the mud, and got himself another pig to rut with.
Thanks for that. Certainly true in my situation. WH and pig snorting around in the slop.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

P
P

AEK1,

This is what it is all about!

But don't let it fool you into thinking that all is now well. I made that mistake. See the two D-Days in my sig?

Stay strong. You will make it through.

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

S
S
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
We have posters on here from the UK, and I'm hoping they'll be able to help you with the process.
I have no experience of this, AEK, except from watching the Jeremy Kyle show.

Don't let the UK factor or anything else put you off. There are polygraphers here and you will have to find one near to where you live. Try the Yellow Pages! And how about logging on to the website of Kyle, or Tricia, or others who run these confessional talk shows? There might be help lines attached, and there might be advertisers on the sites. You have to make a start somewhere instead of agonising. The first stept is research.

Going through with a test will give you power and knowledge that you do not currently have. Stop being frightened of acting on this.

BW
Married 1989
His PA 2003-2006
2 kids.
M
M
Wow, mind power! I was thinking "Where's SugarCane" during my last post, and then lo and behold! laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

H
H
It confuses me, I always thought pure cane sugar was from Hawaii...

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
A
AEK1 Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Better day - think he gets it now......

M
M
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
It confuses me, I always thought pure cane sugar was from Hawaii...
Naw. She's from England. laugh

D-Day 2-10-2009

B
B
Better day - think he gets it now......

More like he thinks he can con you and stop you talking about polygraphs.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
B
B
If you think this will be this easy you are setting yourself up for a huge let down and compounded hurt.

Me: 56 (FBS) Wife: 55 (FWW)
D-Day August 2005
Married 11/1982 3 Sons 27,25,23
Empty Nesters.
Fully Recovered.
P
P
AEK1,

Yesterday he was threatening divorce over the poly and you were saying that you felt that he just didn't love you anymore.

Then poof overnight he agrees to lie detector, shows some remorse and does something to make you think he gets it.

Maybe he does get it ... but normally it is a more gradual process.

You must admit that it appears suspect.

Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Page 7 of 44 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 43 44

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 277 guests, and 74 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,839 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation