Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47
S
S
If you see her IRL, you should say, "Are you ready to stop your adultery and come home?" If she says anything other than, "Yes" you say, "Well, let my IM know when you have." Then walk away, shut the door, etc.

I forget, how do you exchange your DD? Is it possible that she will use that to get to you? And, do you have a legal arrangement set up for visitation? She may WILL use your DD against you. Be careful.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
Can anyone get me in a witness protection program??? LOL

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
C
C
Originally Posted by marksaysay
bomb has been dropped....

Are you hanging in there? How are you feeling?

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Some what nervous but I don't regret it. I actually feel a sense of relief and I'm more calm than I imagined.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
M
OP Offline
M
Well, for those who have followed my thread, there has been nothing come from the letter yet.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
I forget, how do you exchange your DD? Is it possible that she will use that to get to you? And, do you have a legal arrangement set up for visitation? She may WILL use your DD against you. Be careful.

I get DD this weekend and it shouldn't be a problem. I pick her up from her after school program and take her to school Monday morning. I will have to send a message through IM to arrange the pick up of DD's things. Our drop off point was the home of an older family friend who was recently hospitalized so I will do that right after I'm done typing this message.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
So were you forced to go in witness protection today? How's it going for you?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
L
L
Mark --

Try to avoid needing "things". Your daughter is 7. There is not much equipment needed for a 7 year old.
Have your own set of clothing, shoes, toothbrush, etc. So there should be no reason to potentially run into WW or have to interact with her.

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Lexxxy
Mark --

Try to avoid needing "things". Your daughter is 7. There is not much equipment needed for a 7 year old.
Have your own set of clothing, shoes, toothbrush, etc. So there should be no reason to potentially run into WW or have to interact with her.

You're right. We've been exchanging a suitcase with DD clothing and gymnastics leotard but that will stop too. Wife will receive an empty suitcase after this exchange. I will admit that I've let her have control of those things but that will stop today.

Unfortunately I don't have any money to buy clothes but what she has was purchased by us so she should not and will not continue to control them. She does have toothbrush and toothpaste and such at my place.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by celticvoyager
So were you forced to go in witness protection today? How's it going for you?

It's going good. I checked last night and it seems that not many of those whom the letter was sent yesterday logged on. That will probably change today.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Well WW just tried to call. She did leave a message but, like yesterday, I deleted it before even hearing her voice. I sent a message through the IM but I don't think she responded to it.

As far as the bomb, still nothing yet. I'm really curious as to what her reaction would be. I do know that her married and very spiritual girlfriend was on fb yesterday. Don't know if she read the letter though.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Got a question. Since I recently started plan b, should I attend DD's event next week or should I stay in the dark for a while? I think I read somewhere that dr. Harley suggests staying out of any situation where seeing the wayward spouse is possible. Is that correct or should I go and just stay as far away as possible?

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

S
S
Unfortunately, during Plan B, events are to be attended by only one parent. Even just seeing your WW will restart your Plan B and will show her that you aren't serious. You don't want her thinking that you aren't going to stick to what you said.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by Scotland
Unfortunately, during Plan B, events are to be attended by only one parent. Even just seeing your WW will restart your Plan B and will show her that you aren't serious. You don't want her thinking that you aren't going to stick to what you said.

That's kind of what I thought. As I sit and think about it, it really hurts to have to do it. It's my daughter's first part in a school play and I'm actually in the process of working with her now on her lines. I'm even starting to tear up a little realizing that I will be missing this monumental event in her life. It will be okay though. It's what I have to do.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

S
S
{{{marksaysay}}}

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
C
C
Originally Posted by marksaysay
I'm even starting to tear up a little realizing that I will be missing this monumental event in her life. It will be okay though. It's what I have to do.

Brother it *is* a big event. Explain to your daughter that you want to be there, but won't be able to. Reaffirm your love for her, and tell her that it won't always be this way. If she's like her dad, she's a smart cookie and will understand even though she may be sad.

One thing that strikes me is the incredible resilience of kids. Specially when we are honest with them.

But you remember the saying, right? let tomorrows problems worry about themselves, todays are sufficient for today

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
P
P
Well WW just tried to call. She did leave a message but, like yesterday, I deleted it before even hearing her voice.
clap clap Excellent.

I know this is tough, especially knowing that you won't see your daughter perform. Do you know if your school is going to videotape it? I think a lot of schools do that now for parents who can't make it or for family out of town.

Widowed 11/10/12 after 35 years of marriage
“In a sense now, I am homeless. For the home, the place of refuge, solitude, love-where my husband lived-no longer exists.” Joyce Carolyn Oates, A Widow's Story
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by princessmeggy
I know this is tough, especially knowing that you won't see your daughter perform. Do you know if your school is going to videotape it? I think a lot of schools do that now for parents who can't make it or for family out of town.

Yes, it's gonna be very tough for me that night but I'll manage. I remember my reaction when she was in her first talent show last year. Watching her on stage do her solo singing act and performing it flawlessly in spite of the noticable nervousness made me so proud of her that day. It's moments like that you just hate to miss.

Unfortunately, we've yet to see any recordings or hear of any recordings of her school related activities. We have always taken it upon ourselves to do that.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
M
Mark - wonderful stuff. Keep up the Plan B with Pride. You will do great with it and you will see yourself growing leaps and bounds in all areas of your health.

Way to be a proud papa -- let us know if you need Plan B help, and the darker you go the better you will be.

Breathe
Pray
Enjoy you!

Cheers Tough

M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by itistoughlove
Mark - wonderful stuff. Keep up the Plan B with Pride. You will do great with it and you will see yourself growing leaps and bounds in all areas of your health.

Way to be a proud papa -- let us know if you need Plan B help, and the darker you go the better you will be.

The hard part really doesn't have that much to do with my wife. Well, maybe it does since she is in la-la land with her "new man". It still hurts, but what hurts the most is the family unit that suffers as the result of the selfishness of the WW. I know I'm not the first nor the last to experience these emotions and feelings, but nonetheless, it's still difficult when it's me.

I know that Plan B is not designed to get the spouse to come back, but I can't say that I'm not at the least somewhat optimistic that it might work out that way in my situation. I not naive to think that it will, though. I do know that ultimately I will be much stronger as a result of having taken this step.

And, yes, I am a very proud papa. People have asked me, in light of my marital, financial, and at times, emotional struggles, if going back home (Texas)was a possibility. And the resounding answer to that is NO. I'm not going to leave my daughter. I will be where ever she is. PERIOD. I grew up having never known my dad. I met him for the first time on 5/27/94, the day I graduated high school. And although our situations are drastically different, I know what it feels like to not have your dad in your life and I can't/won't put my daughter through that.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

Page 12 of 47 1 2 10 11 12 13 14 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 893 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation