Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by reading
Use your IM. Use your IM. Use your IM.

That is it.

What do you do when WW will not respond to IM as she has stated? Also, how was I supposed to respond to the text received by DD?

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
DDay - Early November 2010
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
R
R
Ignore WW. If she doesn't have any other venue to you....she will use an IM.

Texts from DD......hmmmmm.......ask DD to text IM next time it is an issue about pick up or drop off or anything other than "Luv U Dad" "Night XXXOOO" "Miss you"

Put the number for IM in dd's cell and tell IM they may get a text from her.

C
C
Originally Posted by Kirby
Originally Posted by IM
Marksaysay will not be picking up DD at WW's apartment at this time. He is available to pick up DD at <address of pickup point>.

That's almost exactly what was put through.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
S
S
Good work CV. I figured that Mark could count on you.

Mark, ALL WS's refuse to use the IMs at first. Eventually, they get with the program. They have to.

Please, don't use your DD as an IM. Explain the IM to your DD. Tell her that you communicate through someone else. That when you need to tell Mommy something, you will send it through the email and your WW will do the same. Hopefully, your WW will stop using your child as an IM.

Make it clear to the courts that you refuse to send messages through your DD as you believe it to be harmful to her. That you have found someone who will communicate with your WW on your behalf. Explain that your intent is to use the IM as a filter only and that all pertinent info will go through him.

My WH refused to use the IM at first too, now, he uses them whenever he needs to communicate things. Does he use them for frivolous things? Dunno, my IM is really good. I trust her completely and it allows me to focus on my own healing.

BW(Me)aka Scotty:37
DSx2: 10,12
DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh
Newly Betrayed click here

Praying for walls and doors. Thanx MM

“Surviving is important. Thriving is elegant.”
? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
I kinda figured that she would be adamantly against it. The thing that somewhat bothers me today is the fact that she refused to use the dropoff point so that I could have my time with daughter today. Daughter usually sends a text when she is there for me to pickup. No text came today.

Who does this look worse for me, for refusing to break plan b and go to WW's apartment, or WW for trying to force me to do that and refusing to drop DD off today.

I have chatted with DD today so all was not lost. I also told her that I was at her play. She didn't believe me until I told her what she was wearing and what she did in the play. I know you all will probably kill for having gone but i didn't break NC.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

1 Corinthians 13:7: (LOVE) Beareth all things, believeth all things, HOPETH all things, endureth all things.
K
K
Originally Posted by marksaysay
Who does this look worse for me, for refusing to break plan b and go to WW's apartment, or WW for trying to force me to do that and refusing to drop DD off today.

It depends. What kind of agreement do you have right now?

If you were divorced and had a written custody agreement that spelled everything out, and WW refused to drop off at the agreed upon location, then she would be guilty of custodial interference. If she did that enough times, it could be grounds for a change of custody.

I am divorced and my agreement is very specific. It says where and when pickups/drop-offs are to occur. It says who is supposed to provide transportation. In highly contentious divorces or where there is a restraining order, pickups and drop-offs are often done in a neutral location.

If a judge were to review the situation, I don't think he would have a problem with a neutral location. If you have an agreement about where pickups/drop-offs are to occur and you WW has been willing to use that location in the past, and she then reneged on the agreement, then she is at fault. Not you.

Me: BS 51
Himself: WH 53, EA/PA w/ RunnerSlut his "running buddy."
Buncha' kids. The two youngest are still minors.
Separated: 08/13/09 after 25 years of marriage
Plan D: Filed 11/13/09 Final 3/30/11
MC told me that he probably has a personality disorder
M
OP Offline
M
All you vets, what do you all think about me revisiting the pickup/dropoff arrangements through my IM? It's something that we've been doing for a while so I don't understand why she wouldn't do it today.

If I do this, I will have something in writing via email that will back me up if she ever tries to this again. How should I word it?

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
Nothing really new to report. Just wanted to drop in and say that things are going okay as far as I'm concerned. I still do have thoughts about my WW but i guess after 11 years, it's hard for them to simply go away. I continue to pray daily that things will work out according to Gods plan.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

S
S
Take care of yourself and stay dark.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
OP Offline
M
So here I am, a couple of days away from our next court appearance, a provisional modification hearing to get me to stop contacting her (prior to plan b) and to get the judge to censor me and what I tell our DD. She took my attempt at plan a from a distance via morning jokes through email and good night texts as threatening. WT_? How well do you think that will go over?

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

S
S
Do you have copies of the emails and texts that you sent?

Stay calm.

DDAY2(PA)Nov27/09
Plan B Dec18/09
Personal R in works
Scotty's THING laugh

? Maya Angelou

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION

THANK YOU
M
M
Just document everything you have been experiencing. Save texts, emails, and maybe get a character reference from your pastor.

My suggestion is to make sure your lawyer knows everything that is happening and your wishes and CS and visitation are stated to him clearly. You want him going in and fighting hard for you.

Good luck! Tough~

M
OP Offline
M
Scotty, I have the emails but not the texts. I don't know how to get them off my phone.

IITL, neither of us have lawyers. I will be the one stating my case. I don't want this but she is so far out there it's unreal. I almost want to double check and see if WW and strugglingaz are not the same person. They sound just alike.

I don't think her request for me to end contact with her will go well. Nor do I think her request to have me censored will go through. Actually, the judge cannot tell me what I can tell DD or how to raise her. It really doesn't matter to me what he says.

She said she also wants to change to have visitation guidelines meet state requirements. If she goes there, would that be the time to make known my desire for full custody? I really just want 50/50 but it doesn't hurt to shoot for the moon. If I make it known, do judges usually ask why? If so, would her adulterous living be my reason to limit her maternal influence?

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
Scotty, I have the emails but not the texts. I don't know how to get them off my phone.

Forward them to your e-mail.. just like you would forward a text.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
I can send some but it says it can't send the ones with special features. I can't send the profanity laced ones from her. I think they are too long.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

C
C
I can send some but it says it can't send the ones with special features. I can't send the profanity laced ones from her. I think they are too long.

That's cuz you're using a mac! cool AT&T, right?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
http://www.iphone-sms.com/

Backing up sms to a pc.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
R
R
I suppose you can use the actual phone to document texts too?

M
OP Offline
M
So I think I have all but decided that I'm going to let it all hang out tomorrow in court if WW does what she says about changing visitation and trying to censor me (which is proof that she's doing something that's not right).

I have email copies of texts where she threatened to keep daughter away, where she was verbally abusive, where she tried to use daughter to do something other than what she claimed, proof of infidelity prior to and after filing divorce, others who have witnessed and been victims of her verbal abuse, and I am going to ask for full custody. I've also got several emails from over several months where she says she will no longer argue/cuss at me which is proof that she never stopped.

I think I can build a great case for how unstable it will be for our daughter to grow up in that environment.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't that be one heck of a wakeup call?

Last edited by marksaysay; 06/01/11 01:30 PM.

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

M
OP Offline
M
So I think I have all but decided that I'm going to let it all hang out tomorrow in court if WW does what she says about changing visitation and trying to censor me (which is proof that she's doing something that's not right).

I have email copies of texts where she threatened to keep daughter away, where she was verbally abusive, where she tried to use daughter to do something other than what she claimed, proof of infidelity prior to and after filing divorce, others who have witnessed and been victims of her verbal abuse, and I am going to ask for full custody. I've also got several emails from over several months where she says she will no longer argue/cuss at me which is proof that she never stopped.

I think I can build a great case for how unstable it will be for our daughter to grow up in that environment.

What do you guys think? Wouldn't that be one heck of a wakeup call?

Any thoughts guys?

BS - Me 36
WS - wife 34
Married 10 yrs
WS filed Divorce 11/9/10
Divorce final 12/22/11

Page 16 of 47 1 2 14 15 16 17 18 46 47

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 935 guests, and 48 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation