Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 45 of 50 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 49 50
A
A
NW - Great to hear that you guys are headed in the right direction. It gives people like me hope, when we get read things like that.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Exposure: early 02/2011
Started Plan B - 7/11
N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by HoldHerHand
I can tell you that I am not at all a catastrophizer

Well, I sure used to be and my wife was the opposite. Sometime during the last year it kind of flipped for me so me and W are usually on the same page in the "try not to worry too much" department. Go figure.

No bill collectors (yet?), but we took a serious financial hit when she quit her job. But I knew up front that it was the price that was going to have to be paid at the time. I don't regret it, but do regret several piss-poor financial decisions that we made in the past.

Ahh, well, if I can at least teach my kids what *not* to do... smile

Me (BH)
FWW
Married 2000, DS 8, DD 6, DD 2

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by AndyM
NW - Great to hear that you guys are headed in the right direction. It gives people like me hope, when we get read things like that.

Thanks Andy. I still haven't given up on your other half yet.

Me (BH)
FWW

A
A
NW - Thanks. I haven't given up on her yet either - in the medium to long term. I have given up on her in the short term. I just can't envision her NOT moving out. She's too stubborn and prideful NOT to do it. She HAS to do it, in her mind. She has to prove to herself that she can do it. After that, it's anyone's guess. I gave her another foot rub yesterday afternoon. This from the same woman that doesn't want me to touch her. Yeah, go figure. It's still plan A until she moves out.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
S
S
T/J -

Andy, I think its for the best. You probably need a Plan B. Gosh, I hate to admit that / say that. But it could be for the best. Honestly, I hope she does well -- that it doesn't all fall apart. That she is strong and confident and things work out... AND,,, AND!!! that she realizes she misses you and made a mistake.

If she comes back to you just because she can't handle the job, house, money... everything.... How will you feel? Superior? "Told you so?" Is that what you want? Will you respect and admire her?

Me: 43
ExWW: 44
Married 16yrs. 4 children

EA (ExWW): May-Nov 2009 + Aug-Dec 2010
D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Exposure: FEB 7, 2011
Contact Again: Apr 25, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
S
S
Originally Posted by Northwood8900
For some reason, the money issue doesn't bother me like I thought it would. It'll turn out eventually crazy
No kidding!
I was a big fat stress ball about finances. Made me so mad that I had to do all the work and the finances and she did much of the spending and we kept climbing in debt. What I realized made me the maddest is she had no initiative to help me out? To ask? To review the finances with me once in a while.

Now... I couldn't give a damn. We're gonna be fine. I might lose my job... Our debt might crawl up... we'll just take our nestegg, live for a few years until I get a new job... sell the big house and live in an apartment. We might be happier without all this useless crap.

Spending on sitters, date night, my wife's hobbies, several hundred in therapy co-pays each month.... doesn't bother me one little bit anymore.

The money stress is just gone !

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

"I want to be married and stay married. Now I uunderstand the kind of marriage I want and we all deserve. But I also know it takes two to want to Build that Marriage."
A
A
Hey Stretch! This isn't about me feeling superior or anything like that. This is about my WW coming to the realization that her M is worth an attempt at recovery. That her DS is worth it. That she can't be a teenager the rest of her life. She will earn my respect back, when I see her make rational, medium to long term decisions. Those decisions could include or exclude me and our family. For example, a woman who has an elevated risk of cancer should be thinking about a job with health benefits. A woman who claims to love her DS more than anything in the world, but won't even attempt to recover her marriage is lying to herself, IMVHO.

I'm here because I want her back. I love that woman with all my heart. However, it's now gotten to the point where I have to hope for the best and plan for the worst.

The analogy of the drunk is quite applicable. She has to move out and try life on her own, without 24/7 access to her son and working full time to pay bills and do the things she wants. Then she'll either sink or swim on her own. If she swims, she's probably gone, but she might be too proud to ask for help when she's sinking. She wants a friendly divorce, where she can 'use' me as a sounding board and a crutch. I, on the other hand, would get nothing in return except heartbreak. All I would see in the short term is what could have been. Is that fair? No, it is not. See where I'm going here?

It isn't about I-told-you-so's - those opportunities will come. He11 they have come and I've let them go for the most part. This is about what's best for DS, me AND her.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
S
S
Best case would be that she swims AND makes the rational decision to recover marriage, family and DS?

Even better, that all that happens without Plan B.

D-DAY JAN 30, 2011
Divorce Final Sept 2012

A
A
NW - we'll stop the t/j now. LOL.

Stretch - I agree, it would be an awesome outcome, but we're asking an aweful of someone that's extremely foggy. Let's just say, I'm not holding my breath on that happening in the short term.

BS(me)- 45
WW - 41
D-day 1 - (PA) 01/2011
DS - 6
Started Plan B - 7/11
N
OP Offline
N
Hey guys, no worry about the t/j-- I wasn't using it smile

A decent weekend, our son played his first baseball game on Saturday. It's kind of funny watching 5/6 year olds play, they all kind of just run around trying to catch the ball, leaving the bases untended but no one's keeping score.

Anyways, DS calls out that the neighbor's son is on the other team so wife and I walk over to speak to the dad. His wife left him about a year ago for another guy and they later divorced. The dad kept the house and, between the two, was always the more normal IMO.

So the dad is there with his new girlfriend and...the ex-wife...and the dad flat-out does not like his ex because of what she did. He's in this permanent "Plan B" kind of thing with her. So it's an awkward moment. So wife talks to ex-wife, I talk to the dad and girlfriend. On the way home, W mentions that ex-wife said she kind of likes "this new girlfriend but wishes she wasn't so freaking hands on with her children." I kind of laughed, said "Well maybe she should have thought about that before leaving her husband." Probably a LB to say that, but it kind of slipped out.

Some waywards never learn, I guess.

Me (BH)
FWW

C
C
just checking in... hows it going?

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

N
OP Offline
N
Hey chickadee,

I think we're more on-track than not if that makes any sense crazy

Sometimes it takes a conscious effort to *not* fall back into the old habits but flare-ups (troubles, problems, anything really) seem to be handled better than they have been in the past. Our main struggle has been keeping up the UA time.

It's bumpy sometimes but less bumpy as time goes on.

Going to the beach for a week in July and we're really looking forward to the break. I swear, if I had a million bucks, some beachfront property and no regard for hurricanes, you'd never see my butt again!

Me (BH)
FWW

N
N
I swear, if I had a million bucks, some beachfront property and no regard for hurricanes, you'd never see my butt again!

So you're not referencing "clothing-optional-beach"-front property!

Imagine our relief!

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by NeverGuessed
So you're not referencing "clothing-optional-beach"-front property!

LOL, nope. We do have some standards down here! smile

Me (BH)
FWW

C
C
happy for you! i would do it in a heartbeat, as my h said, lets move and go from all the cr8p. clothing is a must on our beach. please check in, you have helped me thru so much. and move your dang thread already, so many other have and i am jumping back and forth.

yes i said dang. look in on mikesmile- i think he need the he-man woman- haters club ( ha, ha- if you hated a woman you wouldnt be here- so clean up the dorm- you boys have work to do)

Me 44- yes ugggh
WH 47
together 26 years M 19
serial cheater big time
DD1 2.24.11
NC letter sent 3/7/11
NC letter to OW2 april
final truths 5/8-- all of them poly confirmed 5/18
working the plan

T
T
Hi Nwood! Excited for you and yours going on vacation! I sure do need one! Thanks for all your support!

Torn

Together 10 years, Married 8
6 kids his 2 mine2 ours2
Me BW
Him WH
Renewed vows 10/10/10
Affair exposed 10/28/10
Affair began 05/10
In recovery 11/1-2/17/11
BS left state to mil 2/17/11
I filed divorce 3/3/11

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by chickadee1
happy for you! i would do it in a heartbeat, as my h said, lets move and go from all the cr8p. clothing is a must on our beach. please check in, you have helped me thru so much. and move your dang thread already, so many other have and i am jumping back and forth.

yes i said dang. look in on mikesmile- i think he need the he-man woman- haters club ( ha, ha- if you hated a woman you wouldnt be here- so clean up the dorm- you boys have work to do)

Hadn't thought of moving my thread to Recovery, thanks for the positive thought!

Yep, you said dang. And didn't you say "y'all" a few weeks back? smile You're slipping there, chickadee!

I'm on page two of mikesmile's thread. Wow, he's been handed one rough ride.

Me (BH)
FWW

N
OP Offline
N
Originally Posted by TornBrokenApart
Hi Nwood! Excited for you and yours going on vacation! I sure do need one! Thanks for all your support!

Torn

Not sure how much support I've given, but I'll take the vote of confidence and say "you're welcome!"

Me (BH)
FWW

T
T
Trust me, the fact that every time I post, you take time to say something , anything , helps me. I want answers to everything NOW, but everyone here helps me to focus on what's important. So I applaud your recovery and hope the best for you and yours!

Together 10 years, Married 8
6 kids his 2 mine2 ours2
Me BW
Him WH
Renewed vows 10/10/10
Affair exposed 10/28/10
Affair began 05/10
In recovery 11/1-2/17/11
BS left state to mil 2/17/11
I filed divorce 3/3/11

N
OP Offline
N
Thanks for the well wishes, I appreciate it.

Yeah, patience can be a real "bish" sometimes smile

Me (BH)
FWW

Page 45 of 50 1 2 43 44 45 46 47 49 50

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 369 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation