Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 8 of 41 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 40 41
MikeSmile #2513200 05/26/11 02:07 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by MikeSmile
Didnt you read my email I sent her?

I did, and frankly, your apology email was terrible. You should never talk to your wife about her faults when you apologize for yours.

You had an angry outburst.

That's your fault.

I suggest you make a new apology and apologize just for that and leave her faults out of it. I can't possibly emphasize the importance of this enough to you.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2513207 05/26/11 02:32 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Tell me how you realy feel? Dont hold back.

42M
MikeSmile #2513210 05/26/11 02:40 PM
M
M
Tell me how you realy feel? Dont hold back.
rotflmao

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

Jim_Flint #2513284 05/26/11 06:01 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Jim_Flint
Hi MikeSmile!

You have been getting some very good advice from the MB posters.

I would like to offer you a piece of advice that I received
that really helped in the early part of recovery...

Right now your mind is constantly thinking about the A.

You MUST be able to put a dividing line between the A and recovery.

Take a notebook and PENCIL WITH ERASER and find a quiet corner.

Ask yourself with all honesty and no sarcasm WHAT your W can do RIGHT NOW to give yourself some time to let the healing begin.

For ME it was to get away from my ex-brother and the rest of the family and the situation with all of the reminders of his A with Mrs.Flint for awhile...

AND...

For her to give me UNDIVIDED attention without the pressures of family and friends being a CONSTANT reminder of their affair.

We went on a one week vacation just the two of us and without the pressures were able to have LOTS of SF and doing things OTHER THAN TALKING ABOUT THE AFFAIR that we both enjoyed without the constant reminders of the affair.

Dr.Harley recommends a vacation for just the two of you and it's great advice!!!

God bless.

Jim

I agree with Jim. The pen and paper in particular is a good idea.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Just had a great bday dinner for her with the kids. We are going to get thru this. Our recovery is in the future so what was was. Im sure there'll be a revelation here and there and but she's confident as much as possible I wont go off the deep end. I taking all the advice and as I said we're using her bday as a redo.

We have tomorrow night alone and day 2 of the redo will even better. Trying to change my attitude, trying to move away from the contempt and resentment as much as 18-19 days out from d-day will let you. Someone said its a 3-week thing where the initial shock of the A begins to ebb. I will take that.

I do love her. And we have a lot in common, we both didnt like the person she was and we are committed to the future. Thanks to all of you for the brutal honesty, forthright advice, and best wishes.

I will keep you posted on how we do.

42M
MikeSmile #2513305 05/26/11 07:22 PM
N
N
I feel like a mental patient.

At some point we all do. But we're here to be your straightjacket and rubber-room to prevent you from hurting yourself.

The next time you feel an AO coming on STOP!

Disengage, come here. AO at us! Hey, I'm a big boy, direct it at me personally - my mascara won't run!

NeverGuessed #2513312 05/26/11 07:55 PM
S
S
MikeSmile,

I hope you have a great weekend! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but me thinks you are mistaking the "light" for the headlight. You have 1000 positive things in front of you! But, I sense that you're not being realistic in this "recovery". Oh, one millions times possible, and I wish that for you!!!

Had to share honestly. Others will weigh in. I may be WAY off as NeverGuessed hasn't thrown a foul (yes, on purpose) flag where as I am. ? I may be way off base. I dunno. Seems like too much too soon. Thus, mistakes.

Surfer88 #2513344 05/26/11 09:29 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by Surfer88
MikeSmile,

I hope you have a great weekend! Sorry to be a Debbie Downer, but me thinks you are mistaking the "light" for the headlight. You have 1000 positive things in front of you! But, I sense that you're not being realistic in this "recovery". Oh, one millions times possible, and I wish that for you!!!

Had to share honestly. Others will weigh in. I may be WAY off as NeverGuessed hasn't thrown a foul (yes, on purpose) flag where as I am. ? I may be way off base. I dunno. Seems like too much too soon. Thus, mistakes.
Oh. Good Lord, yes. Mike, please don't assume you two are good to go. You SO are not. Do you understand that?

D-Day 2-10-2009

MikeSmile #2513345 05/26/11 09:33 PM
M
M
And we have a lot in common, we both didnt like the person she was and we are committed to the future.
Uh-huh. So, what are you doing to avoid the next affair? Are you planning to use any of the tools here? WHAT IS YOUR PLAN TO RECOVER YOUR MARRIAGE.

"Getting back to 'normal' is NOT an acceptable answer.

WHAT IS YOUR PLAN.

D-Day 2-10-2009

maritalbliss #2513370 05/26/11 10:45 PM
M
M
You cannot go back to the marriage that led to the affair.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2513371 05/26/11 10:55 PM
M
M
Originally Posted by markos
I suggest you make a new apology and apologize just for that and leave her faults out of it. I can't possibly emphasize the importance of this enough to you.

Did you?

markos #2513413 05/27/11 06:22 AM
M
OP Offline
M
1. yes Ive apologized for the blow outs sans the condescending reasons for them, we are both aware of why and Im learning its taking major steps backwards to rehash them at every turn. forward growth, from you say and Im hearing, starts by moving forward from the past.

2. I know we're going to have bad times as naive as Iam some huge ways, I do see the probability of some episodes. Its up to me to walk away, come here or go to my car, work out my problem and move forward.

3. And more than anything else, I am not saying we're healed and life is like it was pre-A. Its not. And it never will be because pre-A time lead to this. We are in the process all of you are in. We've stepped up some the easy things like affection, conversation, and others, but I will not say we are healed. I still get the flushed feeling throughout my body at times when I think about it, even this morning in fact. I still have astonishment at the level of deception she was willing and able to maintain. I still have issue with many, many things. But, you all have guided in the best direction to succeed, unfortunately I didnt always listen.

4. The marriage that was isnt. Its different. Im different. Ive made declarations and decisions I formerly never got involved in which in hindsight was a big problem. I am not over what happened to us! I am however over hurting her more than she hurts already.

42M
MikeSmile #2513448 05/27/11 08:46 AM
M
M
4. The marriage that was isnt. Its different. Im different. Ive made declarations and decisions I formerly never got involved in which in hindsight was a big problem. I am not over what happened to us! I am however over hurting her more than she hurts already.
Mike, you are very, very early into recovery. You are going to be going through some emotions and actions in the coming days that you haven't envisioned yet. Please stay here and keep us posted on your progress. I am concerned about you.

D-Day 2-10-2009

maritalbliss #2513475 05/27/11 09:40 AM
H
H
Forgive me if you have answered this 100 million times already, Mike, but have you ordered or read any of the Marriage Builders books?

Have you been reading the online articles?

I suggest that if you haven't, that you begin to. And I mean REALLY read them.

Print them out, and read them with a pen and possibly a highlighter in hand. Make notations on the things that do and don't make sense. On those that you struggle with understanding, make your notations to ask here.

Righty o?

"An expert is a person who has made all the mistakes that can be made in a very narrow field." - Niels Bohr

"Smart people believe weird things because they are skilled at defending beliefs they arrived at for non-smart reasons." - Michael Shermer

"Fair speech may hide a foul heart." - Samwise Gamgee LOTR
HoldHerHand #2513491 05/27/11 10:06 AM
M
OP Offline
M
"Forgive me if you have answered this 100 million times already, Mike, but have you ordered or read any of the Marriage Builders books?

Have you been reading the online articles?"

Yes, been reading a lot of the online material. Bought a couple of the books earlier in the week. Im in the program. We're striving.

42M
MikeSmile #2513492 05/27/11 10:07 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Still dont know how to make those boxes you guys make with others' quotes in there. Im fairly computer literate too.

42M
MikeSmile #2513507 05/27/11 10:28 AM
C
C
Still dont know how to make those boxes you guys make with others' quotes in there. Im fairly computer literate too.

The box above? Click the "quote" button. it should automatically quote the text you are replying to.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by celticvoyager

The box above? Click the "quote" button. it should automatically quote the text you are replying to.

Woohoo. Its all coming together now.

42M
MikeSmile #2513556 05/27/11 12:08 PM
M
M
Don't be afraid to check out that happy face icon on the top left of the reply box. weightlifter smile

D-Day 2-10-2009

maritalbliss #2513583 05/27/11 01:14 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I dont know all about this program yet, but I saw on the refridgerator 2 pictures of my WW each with one of our kids wearing that insane bracelet he gave her. I did a cursory look around the house and those seem to be the only 2. They are pictures of our kids in class bdays a few year back.

I here to cool down. Shes at work and wont be back for another 90 mins. Yes, I got a little of that "thing" that happens. I stopped, breathed, thought it through, took a pill, and now Im here.

Dont want to ruin tonight. Do I take the pictures down without telling her? (Caveat-Im sure if I went through albums and all our pictures that bracelot would be on her often. It was very nice.) Do I show her and ask her if she'd like it down and if she say OK, do I take the high road and demand it stay up? Be the bigger person?

You know, only 2 people (now 3) knew that thing was not bought by me. So when she wore with it me, I was the giver, in theory. Nope, cant hang my hat on that. Nevermind.

Not sure what to do, I loved those pictures with and my boy and her with my daughter.

Does the program say they come down? Do I do it discreetly? I think she'd notice 2 different photos changed anyway.

I wait for you input. But Im calm. They'll be no yelling. Im looking forward to seeing her. We've texted but I miss her. Truth.

42M
Page 8 of 41 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation