Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 13 of 41 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 40 41
M
OP Offline
M
CV-Thank you. I swore i wouldnt post because of the negativity Im reading and obviously these people speak from experinece. Just not my experience. You have been my rock and my source of strength on this blog to go forward and work with my wife and make us whole again.

I respect the warnings but like everyone else's my situation is different. Not going to say why as I have ad nauseaum since I logged on.

Im really hoping for the best and made commitments to be the best. SO DID SHE. I will however be wary and will defend myself as best as I can. And your words have given me the ability to hang in there.

42M
MikeSmile #2514575 05/31/11 08:08 AM
J
J
MikeSmile,

I just wanted to offer support throughout your journey, it's a tough road, I still have days when I want to quit, but the fighter in me always kicks in.......
The bottom line for me was I loved my husband and after 27 years it was worth at least a fight, and one other thing I wasn't going to let some BIMBO my husband knew for 3 months destroy my life and family, she underestimated me, that inspired me like nothing else...............NO WAY IN HELL WAS THE AFFAIR GOING TO WIN AND TAKE MY LIFE. I told myself I would fight until the D papers were signed.
I now have a great husband who has truly changed HIS ways, he now says that I saved him.............
jessi

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
MikeSmile #2514579 05/31/11 08:26 AM
C
C
Originally Posted by MikeSmile
CV-Thank you. I swore i wouldnt post because of the negativity Im reading and obviously these people speak from experinece. Just not my experience. You have been my rock and my source of strength on this blog to go forward and work with my wife and make us whole again.

I respect the warnings but like everyone else's my situation is different. Not going to say why as I have ad nauseaum since I logged on.

Im really hoping for the best and made commitments to be the best. SO DID SHE. I will however be wary and will defend myself as best as I can. And your words have given me the ability to hang in there.

Keep hanging in there! Remember, What we are posting has been the *common* experience. We all share common traits by virtue of being human, but we are all wired slightly different, which is what makes us unique. The common experience is that usually a contact like that does trigger the FWW, but it doesn't necessarily in all cases. There is really only one absolute in dealing with relational issues, and that is we absolutely must take into account the differences in how we approach things and people. We found MB late. I was almost three years into recovery (our 3yr anniversary for DDay falls on Father's day this year. )What would have been best for us? In retrospect, probably for me to have been on the list. For my wife? Not to be on the list. Why? Because she needed a much more tender touch than is *sometimes* afforded on the list for WSs.

That doesn't mean that the approach here is always wrong, or even wrong most of the time, she is just wired different. I am perhaps more sensitive to it than some others. A perceived harsh tone for her had triggered her for years because of her past life experiences. She had to learn proper coping mechanisms.

All that said, even when people here are perceived as *harsh* or rough when they give the 2x4's, know that they do it because they care for your marriage and for you and your wife. They are here because they don't want to see you fail. That is a very admirable thing. In fact, most people in my experience would simply get advice, fix themselves and go on with their own life. The folks here are different. They want to share how MB has helped them. No plan is perfect, but some are better than others, and MB has been the best (and we literally have looked at dozens) we have found.

All that said, mike, Stick around brother. Ever read the Tao of Jeet Kune Do written by Bruce Lee? He had a saying in there... Absorb what is useful... discard the rest, realize that what may not be useful now, you may find to be useful later.

CV

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
MikeSmile #2514581 05/31/11 08:30 AM
G
G
Mike,

Awhile back you wrote, her husband actually used to defend ME to my FWW.

I believe from what was written about OM that he actually would have said something like that, OM would say anything to make himself look good and keep your W addicted to himself. This OM is a master manipulator for whom the good opinion of others is just an extension of his narcissism.

This OM is also self-deluded enough to believe that at some time in the future all will be forgiven and everyone will be friends again, he will never get it.

God Bless
Gamma

Last edited by Gamma; 05/31/11 08:32 AM.
jessitaylor #2514582 05/31/11 08:33 AM
H
H
MikeSmile. The true usefulness of this board is the experience and to let you vent to us and not her. Tho we haven't walked directly in your shoes we have walked in shoes just like yours. We see things you dont sometimes. But I can assure you most people that have responded here are SUPER PRO M. I personally believe there should be such strict criminal laws on Infidelity that it would make a person think about it way more. Our society breads broken family's and its tragic.
I get that you want to make your M work. Now lets roll up our sleeves and get to work. That is exactly what it will take. As long as her sleeves are rolled up too smile
SSA is a great guideline follow it to the letter. EN's have to be understood to be met. I dont "need" to talk to vent emotionally but most women do. YOU need to become an expert at meeting your wifes EN's. And she needs to do the same. Love busters need to be identified and done away with. Learn and practice both policy's of Joint Agreement and of Radical Honesty.
Its a tough battle my man. Im there. This is and should be a life changing event. Happiness are for those that are willing to do the work for life. Its a marathon not a race. So set small goals and accomplish one at a time.

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
MikeSmile #2514631 05/31/11 11:25 AM
S
S
I respect the warnings but like everyone else's my situation is different.

Sorry if you feel people are being negative, but this is one of the biggest mistakes that you can make when trying to recover, thinking that your situation is different and that all the rules don't apply to you. I can't tell you how many posters have argued only to come back later and say "you were right". In fact, I believe you have already done that at least once on this thread.

No one would be doing you any favors by just patting you on the back and not pointing out mistakes they see being made.

If you truly feel you can veer from the "narrow path" of recovery that Dr Harley describes, I strongly urge you to call/email into his radio show and get his professional opinion.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
Hilsmon #2514632 05/31/11 11:28 AM
M
OP Offline
M
SAA and His Needs, Her Needs came today. Read 40 pages, looking good. I thought about this for a couple of days and I decided since everyone's A is unique Id show you the email we got from OM. This came to my FWW email after OMW sent me an email demanding I speak to her and threatening to mass email everyone about it. And, it came after I spoke with OMW about us having no futher contact like our spouses and gave her as much MB technique I could muster. She wanted me to know my wife is not the innocent victim my FWW is portraying and needed to tell me some specifics (of which I knew them already and I was telling more things OM had yet to disclose to her). I sent OMW an email the following morning as she is distraught and I felt since we are linked forever by this thing and I have some of your help working for me Id try to give her more courage to get all the truth she needs and to move on. We had about a dozen back and forth emails where I held the high road and accuse neither OM nor my FWW of anything, just was preaching to look to the future with an eye on the past. Then I told her the emails are to end and wont be responding and that my FWW is reading each one with me. FWW got this in her email just afterwards. I editted as appropriate for the blog:

"I know you're going to show this to Michael so even though I'm sending it to you I'm writing it to both. I just saw (my wife's) last email to Michael and need to write something myself since those were not my words. These are...I'm truly sorry for my actions that brought all of this on. It was stupid and very
selfish. I hope that one day you can look past it and see that there is and was goodness in me. (My FWW), I did truly care about you. I wish you both nothing but the best and do hope that Michael's professional life brings him much success.
He deserves it. I will continue to miss (my kids) very much. I have no doubt that both of them will grow into great teenagers and adults, and its going to kill me that I can't be a part of their accomplishments. - OM"

So, OM called FWW for his closure 3 days after dday where according to my FWW she told him to F-off (in fact, FWW changed all of our phone numbers as soon as she got home) and my FWW made the mistake of trying to track his wife thru him (with me right there) the day of the threatening emails and thats been the all contact. She regretting doing it as we now know its forbidden.

Is my situation a bit unique? Maybe?

Still working to erase this thing from my every thought.

42M
MikeSmile #2514638 05/31/11 11:39 AM
M
M
No, Mike, I'm sorry, but this is a typical affair.

Your wayward wife needs to change her email to ensure that she receives no further contact from OM.

D-Day 2-10-2009
Fully Recovered and Better Than Ever!
Thank you Marriage Builders!

maritalbliss #2514640 05/31/11 11:42 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Originally Posted by maritalbliss
No, Mike, I'm sorry, but this is a typical affair.

Your wayward wife needs to change her email to ensure that she receives no further contact from OM.

I was referring to the email from OM. I have access to her email account and I check all the time. I check her cell phone all the time. If this a typical situation, Im OK with that. Just keeping you guys up on my deal.

42M
maritalbliss #2514642 05/31/11 11:45 AM
S
S
Ohhhhhh Mike. Please heed the advice you're getting.

Surfer88 #2514643 05/31/11 11:46 AM
S
S
There is NOTHING unique here.

Surfer88 #2514649 05/31/11 11:52 AM
M
OP Offline
M
What have I done thats not heeding the advice? Ive done all to keep them from contacting each other. Ive gotten all the details I need to know what went on. Ive made committments as did my FWW to stay with each and I have accepted her apology and we are down the path. Its less than a month old this thing and I just got the books.

Give me a break. As soon as I get a good feeling that I can do this and Im not in a crappy mood someone makes a crack like this and Im thinking what did I do? Am I screwing up the process?

OK, FWW dialing the OM to get his neurotic wife to pick up the phone was less than ideal, I told her never to dial it again. She did it IN FRONT OF ME.

Im being told by a friend in the know to join a support group, if Im going to get abused when I really think Im following the plan as close as I can, then no thanks to that. This is anonymous and youre killing me.

42M
MikeSmile #2514650 05/31/11 12:00 PM
M
M

What have I done thats not heeding the advice? Ive done all to keep them from contacting each other.

Then how did this contact from OM happen?

Then I told her the emails are to end and wont be responding and that my FWW is reading each one with me. FWW got this in her email just afterwards.

Again, Mike. She needs to change her email address.

D-Day 2-10-2009

MikeSmile #2514651 05/31/11 12:01 PM
H
H
Mike this OM letter doesn't sound all that different than what we have seen b4. Hes such a great guy. Now lets all drag him out to the woodshed for a great guy party. smile
Your doing great man dont be defensive. I am certainly not here to hurt you and I want to help if I can.
Your doing great so tell us whats next for you? SSA is the guide.
How are you holding up with the Anger and resentment?

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
MikeSmile #2514652 05/31/11 12:04 PM
S
S
What have I done thats not heeding the advice?

Aside from what mb points out, changing all of the ways that OM can contact your W, I also advised you to keep in contact with OMW and not share those emails with your W. OMW needs to know she can come to you if there is any whiff of any further contact without your W knowing about it.

Ddays 2007 and 2011
Plan B 6/21/11
Divorced July 2012
2 kids
How to Plan B Correctly
Parallel Parenting in Plan B
SusieQ #2514654 05/31/11 12:07 PM
M
M
OMW needs to know she can come to you if there is any whiff of any further contact without your W knowing about it.
ITA. OMW knows she's talking to both you and your WW when she emails, and she tailors her emails accordingly. This will serve no one.

D-Day 2-10-2009

SusieQ #2514655 05/31/11 12:09 PM
M
OP Offline
M
OK. Gotcha. She'll have a new emails and I will contact OMW down the road.

Anger and resentment are up and down. Two nights ago I crushed her. Last night a little bit. I guess because the kids are asleep, but nighttime is for battling I guess. And since she's taking sleeping meds is like fighting yourself.

42M
MikeSmile #2514656 05/31/11 12:10 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Just tell me what ITA is. You use it often and dont get that one.

42M
MikeSmile #2514658 05/31/11 12:14 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Truthfully, regarding whiffing anything, my FWW spent 2 years watching OMW kid and having an affair with her husband in that home, she couldnt smell a blazing wildfire if her butt was on fire.

Last edited by MikeSmile; 05/31/11 12:35 PM.

42M
MikeSmile #2514660 05/31/11 12:15 PM
M
M
Just tell me what ITA is. You use it often and dont get that one.
I Totally Agree.

D-Day 2-10-2009

Page 13 of 41 1 2 11 12 13 14 15 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 963 guests, and 78 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation