Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
C
C
I had difficult nieghbors were I grew up from 7-18. One day a shunk got killed by a nieghbors dog. Before they could remove the skunk, the other nieghbors kid, (who was allways getting away with bad chit and they wouldn't punish him), took a big stone and broke open the dead skunk, causing the horrible stench to come though our yards and into our open windows for days.

We went to to the kids parents and told them but they refused to have the boy clean up his mess. He kept saying it smelled to bad, and waa-waa waambulance like he allways did.

After the third night of smelling this the offending niebors went away for the day. I took a glove and heaved the skunk up on top of their porch roof. It took a month for them to find where the smell came from, and when they did, the rest of the neihborhood caved and told them I did it.

Then the older teen-age girls tried to give me a lecture about it, how it was next to there room, but I was used to there tactics and denial issues about thier brother so it fell on deaf ears. I told them why I did it and said I was sorry they had to suffer as we did.

I DID get heck from my parents though, I think I was 12.

C
C
I went to my daughters house to babysit today. My grandaughter ussually wants o go places with me and I ahd planned to go to a friends house and clean the car. When I asked her if she wanted to go to Rocks house she said no to my surprise, she wanted to go back home and ride her bike.

No amount of coaxing and begging or bribing with breakfast or goodies could get her to change her mind until I asked.

"Do you want to go to Rocks and show him your hairdo?

"Yes Grampa"

What a girly girl lol

C
C
Bump for more stories

S
OP Offline
S
CP, just read your stories....funny, funny...and little girls are so cuuuute...little boys are too, but theres nothing like a little girly, girl..

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
married 12 Yrs together(?) 18 yrs when A discovered
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

Okay I fixed the ages, it was looking screwy. smile
S
OP Offline
S
I had one but now I forget...My son did something funny in the car yesterday...but for the life of me I cant remember, ill have to ask him and he said something funny with his friends too, that one I dont think he knows that he said sumthin funny...Ooooo, I need to write these down as they happen...My memory is shot!

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Thx Still. I wish I could remember them all too. Seems like they were allways cute even when they were brats.

Its funny, allways liked to talk about life and assumptions and habits and peoples general behavior as my children could understand them and/or they needed to because of circumstances. My kids still think I am to "heavy", lol. I think i do tend to be more seriuos than most and thinking to much can be my downfall, but I also am thankful they are thoughtful and generally responsible.

Funny how the very things I would preach to them years ago they preach back at me now as if they came up with the idea themselves. Wonder how much I did that with my parents. Also how much we humans do it with God. I believe all good thoughts and actions come from a higher source outside ourselves and the best we can do is share them, or we plagurize them and call them our own. Either way its the human condition.

Thank God for extended family that supports the weak when they get old just as we did when we were young and strong. You reap what you sow and what goes around comes around.

My kids are living better than and more stable emotional lives than my late wife and I had. At thier age neither of us had what they had. It surprised me that my oldest daughter is close to the age that I met her Mom. By that time her Mom had been married once at 16, gone thru many substance abuse issues and rode the emotional rollercoaster for years. She dodged that bullit.

My 24 year old is in line for management at AT&T and is a top salesmen. He also is living a dream of producing music for charity and working towards going to school for alternate energy sources. I had the same dreams as a young man, but he is able to realize them.

My youngest 19 still amazes me with his depth of thought. He reminds me of me in how he thinks, but his thoughts are different. He is not as emotionally or socially stunted at his age even though he went through so much . We didn't have stuff, but we stayed together and didn't give up. I think that even though his life has been hard that means more to him than anything. That 6'4 gentle giant still gives me a hug when he goes to bed. He is learning still and growing but I still invest on them disciplining themselves and dealing with truth. Regurdless of how life has been, the challange is to not let bad circumatances twist them and rob them of joy or the confidance that they can change thier life if they try, and that is winning when they don't give up.

Dang...I started in and forgot the silly story lol. Well I will come back and put one up when I can remember it. I have to remember NOT to be so seriuos!!!

S
OP Offline
S
Sounds like your kids have a wonderful and very wise father...

Last edited by stillhere8126; 10/01/10 12:19 PM. Reason: sp

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Originally Posted by stillhere8126
Sounds like your kids have a wonderful and very wise father...

Lol, yeah, like solomon, problem with he was he was warned not to marry women from distant lands and religions when he was young, and in the end it destroyed him as they pulled him all over the place. His greatness did not last all his life. I laugh at myself if I ever think I know things thru and thru. IMO wisdom is knowing you don't and never will. Just told son there will be problems every day and their is no quick fix or grand sweeping event that would handle them all.

Soon as I know the answers they change the questions...

I thank you for the compliment though and even though it hurt them when my wife fell so hard she did have a lot to do with how they turned out. She was a good Mom for thier young years.

S
OP Offline
S
Well, you sound very wise to me....and i can tell you love them very much...

I remembered the story with my DS and his friends...he has a friend that is a girl and they were playing outside and he gave her a playful push into the mulch (I was spying out the window) well she starts chasing him and they are laughing and he keeps running in my house and locking the door to hide. After the third time running in the house I said "Why dont you just apologize to her, shes not mad, if you apologize she will probably stop chasing you"

DS said "Apologize and lose my manhood!?".....Mwhahahahaha, I could not stop laughing.

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Thats a good one lol. Someone on FB posted something today. here it is...

Has learned my lesson of letting a 5 year old run around taking photos with a digital camera starts off with walls floors ect, then goes to the animals, then to his army guy's then lets just say 2 photos not so good front and back side of him self, then back to taking photos of his toy air crafts ...4 months later finding them after uploading to the pc.

Good thing he doesn't use u-tube lol

S
OP Offline
S
So cute..

BW me-41
WH -39
DS - 9
DDay aug 2007
found MB dec 2007
Moved out april 2008
still seeing OW
Plan B

C
C
Ok, So you can imagine my DGD who is 3 1/2 now is really at the cute stage. Here is one of the latest.

My DD came into the dining room where GD was eating a salad, She looks at her and says,

"Do you like that salad, are you eating it all up so you can get big and strong?"

" Yep , I'm gonna grow up and get a big belly like Grampa!"

Then in an excited pantmine she holds her hands out and says..

"Its SOOO big!! ITs way out here"

Time to work on my diet..

C
C
A friend of mine, who lived with his wife next door to my wife and kids when they were little,(DD4 at the time). Did something hilaruous.

They were having a "girls only" sleep over at the house The girls were 4, 6, 10, and 12. Now three of the girls were his daughters, and he was teasing them all day about not being able to come. Of course they all just ignored him cuz he teased all the time.

This guy was a mans man, hunter, construction work, brought up rough and in a rural area, farm worker..Think of Popeye the Sailor, about the same size, and smoked 2 packs a day. But sweet when it came to kids, all kids, his wife too.

He dressed up with his sons, 14 and 18, in girls dresses, wigs, and makeup, went to the door and disguised thier voices, and raided the party.

The girls squealed and loved it too

It takes a real man to wear a pink Tutu. rotflmao

W
W
So, DD#2 planted a sunflower seed at school and brought it home yesterday. We went to plant it outside. I thought since the plant was small I'd just use my bulb planter to make a hole. I didn't put my tools away when we got done...my bad. I was doing some yardwork while the girls were running around. DD#1 comes running back and starts messing with the water hose and I ask her what she was doing. She said she was washing off the poop. Apparently DD#2 thought it would be funny to stick my bulb planter into a big pile of dog crap the neighbor's dog left in our yard, and chase DD#1 around with a big ball of dog crap. In what universe is it OK to play in poop???

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
C
C
Originally Posted by wulffpack_girl
.. Apparently DD#2 thought it would be funny to stick my bulb planter into a big pile of dog crap the neighbor's dog left in our yard, and chase DD#1 around with a big ball of dog crap. In what universe is it OK to play in poop???

Lol, yeah I know, you would think the smell alone would keep you away from it.

M
M
Here's a funny story, or at least I think it's funny:

DH, DD (14), DS (13) and I are all playing Scrabble on our iTouch's.

DD got some absurd number of points for the word "gays". DH was in her room, teasing her, saying "What in the heck is "gays"....and for 25 point?!?!"

DD (7) heard them from her room and went to join the conversation. She said "you don't know what GAYS means??? It means to STARE!".

LOL...we were all cracking up.

Me,BW - 42; FWH-46
4 kids
D-Day #s1 and 2~May 2006
D-Day #3~Feb.27, 2007 (we'd been in a FR)
Plan B~ March 3 ~ April 6, 2007

In Recovery and things are improving every day. MB rocks. smile
C
C
Originally Posted by MarriedForever
DD (7) heard them from her room and went to join the conversation. She said "you don't know what GAYS means??? It means to STARE!".

LOL...we were all cracking up.

rotflmao I love it when they are so insistent on what they know, those are the best things to tease about when they are older

R
R
ok this happened with my oldest son who at the time was about 5 years old (he is now 13) i was making spagetti for dinner and i always make meatballs when i make spagetti well instead of hamburger we had some deer meat but of course it was packaged different than hamburger so my son asks me what it was and i explained that i was making meatballs out of the deer meat.

he thinks for a few seconds then runs screaming through the house WAHOOOOOOO we are having deer balls for dinner!!!!!!

needless to say i was rolling on the floor from laughing so hard.

Last edited by Rouge1; 05/31/11 08:36 PM.

male 43 years old
married 9 years (might not make it to 10 years)
3 kids 1 from previous marraige 2 from current marriage
P
P
rotflmao

M
M
Originally Posted by ConstantProcess
Originally Posted by wulffpack_girl
.. Apparently DD#2 thought it would be funny to stick my bulb planter into a big pile of dog crap the neighbor's dog left in our yard, and chase DD#1 around with a big ball of dog crap. In what universe is it OK to play in poop???

Lol, yeah I know, you would think the smell alone would keep you away from it.

I dunno, I once heard a comedian say that you could rob a bank with a booger -- as in, "Gimme all your money or I'll put this on you" -- Using that logic, I'll bet you could take over the world with a bulb planter full of poo! grin

This is a hilarious thread -- I can't believe today is the first time I've seen it! Thanks for the laughs y'all! laugh

Mrs. W

FWW ~ 47 ~ Me
FBH ~ 50 ~ MrWondering
DD ~ 17
Dday ~ 2005 ~ Recovered

Page 5 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,169 guests, and 46 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil, daveamec, janyline
71,836 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation