Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 19 of 41 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 40 41
Jim_Flint #2516556 06/05/11 01:15 PM
M
OP Offline
M
Yes. I think I did miss that point, Jim. And your absolutely right. And I am missing the boat here. Thanks, man. I will book that trip and soon. I think you are right.

I understand exactly now.

I am doing much better this afternoon that the prior 2. And I clarity on what I need to do.

Ups and downs of this continue to be murder on me.

42M
MikeSmile #2516559 06/05/11 01:31 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by MikeSmile
Mike,

3;50am, 4 hours sleep fairly normal. My body is convulsing. Popping AD and anxiety pills. All I think about is her being with him. And, the absolute disregard for me and my kids she shown for all these years. The ruin she done my life and many others around us (parents, friends) is huge and will get bigger if I go. But, it might be better for my kids not to see their father as a mental patient.

This really is a temporary state. You are in the worst of it. Have you ever done anything difficult? When I was n the Marine Corps we used to go to the gas chamber. I remember my first time going through it. Had no idea what to expect. I remember the drill instructors making us sing the Marine Corps hymn in a closed room filled with CS gas. PANIC!!! I remember on guy tried to bolt and run. right about the end of the first stanza. The DI walked over to me and said, you see that guy? He's freaking out and he's through the worst of it. He just doesn't know it yet. Something clicked in my head... I can endure it. It is painful, it is scary, but it is endurable.

Mike, The WORST of it is over. The affair is over. You can survive it. The "CS" fog will clear for both of you and you will be able to breathe soon. Can you endure yet a little longer? The dangerous part is over (the affair), and what you are dealing with is the realization of what you were just unwittingly put through. The air is clearer and it is safe to breathe.

I promised not to AO so I do go crazy in my car alone to let loose but there is no satisfaction in that. I do go for runs and try to work it out. I so screwed. She ruined this perfect little family that I so loved.

I do let her read these posts, all of them as they more often than not are keeping me focused on the prize. And she needs to hear what you are saying as it helps her cope. Shes a big fan, just not a big writer.

It's a good start. You write well. Do you journal? Either or you? It's a learned skill. I suggest you start. Write totally open and honest and if you are comfortable, let each other read them. This helped me. Writing love letters helped keep me focused on the prize. MRs Mike... Write your husband love letters. Tell him honestly how you feel. He may respond poorly at first (I did), but we are somewhat like babies after DDay. We need constant reassurance and care. We need to be retaught that the wayward loves us. This takes time and patience from you.

Mike, You are not crazy. All of us BS's went through this. I slept about an hour a night for the first 2 weeks and almost landed myself in the hospital. I was on Dr. ordered bedrest for a week (two actually, but I didn't listen)

CV-I told her just yesterday, the holding we do is the only real time I stop thinking about the A for a minute. We cant hold all day, though. I asked. We are more affectiate in public something we never were. Its almost too little too late. I wish I didnt feel this way.

Feelings are weird things... The change and morph. Constantly. Living by feeling is what got WW in trouble. Living by principles we hold dear is what carries us through. The rollercoaster DOES have and end to it. it's not indefinite. Eventually it will slow down, you will catch your breath and relax.

Now I cry about how this is going to affect my babies (9 and 11 year olds). They hurt already, they see their dad in bad shape, now I have to potential for the triple threat of destroying this family. Its a no win thing right now.

You know why? because your eyes are off the prize. You have things beginning to take shape and you mentioned them. The seeds of a wonderful marriage are beginning to take hold. You don't have to destroy the family. You can choose to stay and work adn wait for the rollercoaster to stop. You can look at how your wife is holding you and being affectionate and is obeying and see these as progress... Good progress. Too little too late was my mantra for almost three years and then I recovered from rectal-cranial inversion and pulled my head out.

We are fallen creatures living in a fallen world. None of us will ever love the other perfectly this side of glory. BUT we can love each other better and better. We can learn and grow together. My wife's 2 A's made me grow. They made her grow. I would have preferred to do it any other way, but I didn't get the choice. I did get an opportunity though and I am taking it. AND I am giving her the opportunity, One last one, to grow next to me.Staying and making it work is really win/win... it just doesn't feel that way right now.

I will say this, I gave myself 90 days after dday to figure this out. NOt yet 30 days so I guess Im not giving it the due time it deserves and promised myself I would. Right now, tho, I want out.

3 months is a start. 6 months is the 1st turning point though. Wanting out is a natural reaction to the attack on your marriage. I told W that 1000x. When I had mroe sleep and was lucid, I was able to see better that what i really wanted was her love, admiration, devotion and support. I bet you do too.

Don't run, bro... Fight! When you are tired... rest. then fight some more.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
Cypress #2516560 06/05/11 01:34 PM
C
C
Originally Posted by Cypress
Excellent NG!

Mike,

This is just a thought. Please disregard if it seems silly:

Could you do a small ceremony with friends to mark the end of the 'old marriage'. Planning the ceremony with WW could be cathartic. And in the future when you are ready , propose again like NG did?

Cypress.

We renewed our vows after I think a year... It was good.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
C
C
Mike? You hanging in there?

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Yes. Doing good. After a dismal couple of days, yesterday afternoon was great no bad thoughts, no shakes (which are freaking my wife out), and just a good time with the fam. I did have some of the shakes this morning which are strictly from the nerve rattling Ive taken, Im sure. Took my anxiety and AD meds and that seem to kill them.

My "new" wife is amazing. Thats all I'll say. Amazing.

42M
MikeSmile #2516712 06/06/11 06:22 AM
J
J
Mike,

amazing is a great word at this point, take care of yourself, don't push yourself......

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
jessitaylor #2516720 06/06/11 07:27 AM
H
H
Mike yeah yeah yeah. I'm really rooting for you man. Its a tough road but the final rewards may even make you look back and say wow I never knew it could be this wonderful.

Divorced 11/5/2013
FXWW EA 2005/2008/2010
Hilsmon #2516734 06/06/11 08:10 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Hils:

Thats just what I wrote her in a text. That things are better now than ever and I will continue to get myself in shape mentally and we'll be great as a couple and a family. She doesnt know it but Im taking her away for a long weekend in a few weeks where will be get that alone time which the Dr. recommends. Again, she cannot tell me enough how glad this thing is over and thanks God for it coming out. She was in a real bad place and its taking all my strength NOT to find him and rearrange his face. But, as she's quick to say it took 2 to tango and she as fault. And, as we here are always quick to point out, the past passed.

42M
MikeSmile #2516742 06/06/11 08:50 AM
N
N
MS, great attitude you're projecting. Build on it. Keep the "AO Monster" caged up. There are time when some of us have to be bigger and better than we might have imagined we were.

Hang it there, pal. Every day forward is a day farther from the past. (Hey! Another MB t-shirt slogan?)

NeverGuessed #2516767 06/06/11 10:30 AM
M
OP Offline
M
Just booked a b&b for us in 2 weeks. She doesnt know it. Healing is full stride. Todays another good day.

42M
MikeSmile #2516777 06/06/11 10:59 AM
C
C
Just booked a b&b for us in 2 weeks. She doesnt know it. Healing is full stride. Todays another good day.
hurray

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
Had to tell her so she can get kid coverage for the w/e. Finally some tears of happiness. For both of us.

42M
MikeSmile #2516809 06/06/11 12:32 PM
J
J
Had to tell her so she can get kid coverage for the w/e. Finally some tears of happiness. For both of us.

Great job Mike!!! Feels good doesn't it? Proud of you, buddy. smile

Jim

FWW 48 had EA and PA affair with my brother which ended in 2006. Me BH 53. Happily recovering with a new and better marriage through MB!!! My thread - http://www.marriagebuilders.com/ubbt/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=2110024#Post2110024
MikeSmile #2516813 06/06/11 12:36 PM
J
J
Mike,

Hang in there you are doing well. You are not off of the coaster yet, but you are doing well.

God Bless,

JL

C
C
Ditto from me! Kudos!

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
H
H
Good job, Mike. Keep up the good work. And, as I learned, and continue to learn from the vets here:

Patience.

helpfordad #2516853 06/06/11 02:21 PM
M
OP Offline
M
I hear you. Patience. Still get the hurt all over, a little less so, but that hurt when i think about things. But, she has been so good and she's so hurt that I feel like we both are starting over and Im OK with that. There are things I havent felt in a lot of years when she's not here (and none of them are 'I hope she's not with OM'). I miss her. I miss talking with her. I miss just being near her and we were ALWAYS near each other, just not emotionally, I guess. Crazy business these A's can be.

42M
MikeSmile #2516863 06/06/11 02:45 PM
C
C
. Crazy business these A's can be.

Yes indeed! Who would have thought that after 20 years together you feel like you are dating again?? You are doing well mike. You are doing well. Better than i did at your stage.

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
M
OP Offline
M
The only thing i can think of is my FWW has had no withdrawal symptoms and really is thankful that its over. She only misses the baby she helped raise and who our kids miss terribly. The OM was a controlling deviant in her mind and use her inability and fear to leave the scene for many years. She used to have headaches and backaches and other things that used to nag her daily that she doesnt anymore. Now, its only me with my (fewer) sporatic ball breaking sessions she has to deal with and right now Im beginning to think less of them together and more of her and I together.

42M
MikeSmile #2516874 06/06/11 03:10 PM
C
C
The only thing i can think of is my FWW has had no withdrawal symptoms and really is thankful that its over. She only misses the baby she helped raise and who our kids miss terribly. The OM was a controlling deviant in her mind and use her inability and fear to leave the scene for many years. She used to have headaches and backaches and other things that used to nag her daily that she doesnt anymore. Now, its only me with my (fewer) sporatic ball breaking sessions she has to deal with and right now Im beginning to think less of them together and more of her and I together.

yes, there is a sense where they are trapped in their actions (or think and feel they are). My wife had no withdrawals either. She was relieved to not live the lie anymore. Give the woman a back massage for goodness sake. Go to bath and bodyworks, buy the eucalyptus massage oil (green bottle) and kick the kids out of the house for 2 hours (or put em to bed early).

Heh... Do you have netflix? We have it streaming on the TV. put the kids to bed. get the massage oil, and stream one of the instructional massage videos. We do it on occasion. Puts her right to sleep or.... well... let's just say it is relaxing. wink

Celtic Voyager
Married 22+ years
3 young adult children

"A story of me"
Page 19 of 41 1 2 17 18 19 20 21 40 41

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (1 invisible), 853 guests, and 82 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation