Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14
N
N
How did he come to just out right admit it? Did he say how long it lasted?

this quote of yours, makes me want to reach thru the laptop and shake some sense into him.

The last 3 weeks or so (since about a week after the bomb), he spends most of his time on his laptop (instead of his home computer). I have no way of accessing his laptop (he always shuts it before he leaves it alone, and I don't know the password). He said he just prefers to be alone in the living room because being around me is awkward, and also his desk has been making his back hurt. He only plays on his computer on "raid" nights so that he can be on "vent" (a computer voice chat program they use to talk during events).

My xtbxh carried his everywhere, in the morning it was in his car, at night it was at his side. He eventually started leaving it upstairs on game nights, and I practiced until I could go up the stairs without making a creak on them, and spent a good hour messing with it one night. Got tons of stuff off it, but took forever to get the password figured out. Back then, he was still to dumb to catch on to what i was doing. So keep your mouth shut lol, I gave away all my secrets in the 'big fight'. I gave up on the marriage in that fight to, so didn't really matter.

Does the laptop have a webcam?

This program you found, sounds like that might be the ticket. Good luck with it.

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
2 (mine) from 1st marriage, 26 dd and 28 ds.
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
Too many D-Days to list. (EA/Cyber affairs)
He filed no fault 3-2011 I countered with grounds.
Court date set for June 6, 2011 for Final Decree and was continued.
That ticked him off, he is now fighting for custody.
Lawyers are expensive, my daughter is worth every penny.
Even the ones I have to borrow.
N
N
one last question.

where did the paranoid shrew in the thread title come from?

I started to think that was my name for a few years, as that is what he called me.

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Originally Posted by No_Stress_Zone
one last question.
where did the paranoid shrew in the thread title come from?

Oh, just me trying to convince myself I'm being paranoid. He's never called me a shrew at all - never called me a name ever, actually.

That's why this whole thing is so weird - we had an argument about him not spending time with me, and it turned in to "I'm not in love with you anymore, I don't see us staying together." I was a bit blindsided, to be honest.

S
S
My husband and his affair partner were just friends.

She was also my friend.

Your husband's affair partner may not even have anything to do with his computer life. You just never know.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Nothing last night. He actually went out shopping for clothes.

I made a character on his other server, and logged in and looked around, then deleted her. This morning he asked why, and I said I didn't really know - I was just curious.

He thanked me for telling him, but seemed really bothered.

Guess we'll see what today brings.

S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
I'm making myself crazy! Now I've convinced myself that I'm reading into things, that I can't admit he just doesn't love me and so I have to convince myself he's having an affair. Other than the "laptop" thing, which I can totally see being because he doesn't want to be around me, I don't have any proof.

I swear, this rollercoaster is the pits.

N
N
Seraph, hun, time to come out of denial. How did he know you even made a character on his server? Forget to log in on your old one?

Yes, you are making yourself crazy, calm down! HE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR! Trust us, please. He does not want to be around you because....HE'S HAVING AN AFFAIR! One night of snooping and trying to catch is NOT going to give the answer.

So tell us about his new cloths. Need I say it?? SLap a sign on his forehead there. You will get proof.

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
N
N
How many hours a day does he play warcrack?

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Seraph, hun, time to come out of denial. How did he know you even made a character on his server? Forget to log in on your old one?

Yes, you are making yourself crazy, calm down! HE IS HAVING AN AFFAIR! Trust us, please. He does not want to be around you because....HE'S HAVING AN AFFAIR! One night of snooping and trying to catch is NOT going to give the answer.

So tell us about his new cloths. Need I say it?? SLap a sign on his forehead there. You will get proof.

We have each other on "Real ID", so you can see when one of us logs in, even on a different server. I thought he had logged off for the night, so I logged on to see if his "friend" had been there - but he logged back in and noticed the character on his server.

His clothes are just a few polo shirts, a couple plain coloured tshirts, and a hawaiian-type shirt. He's lost about 50lbs recently, so he does need new clothes. Not sure why he picked last night to go shopping, but maybe he just wanted to not be around me.

Hours per day - well, he logs in some from work (to "check auctions"), and plays probably 3ish hours per night, more on weekends.

This morning he logged in between the time when he finished working out and the time when he got in the shower, but it doesn't seem like he did anything in that time.

N
N
sorry for the delay, had to go look to see how long you were together and compare to how long I've been separated to ensure this was NOT indeed, my husband you were talking about.

I'm sorry hun, knowing my own history, I might not be the one to offer any advice here, I have just seen far too much of this going on in these games. Not just WoW, but all of the ones I've played. IT's rampant. and why I have not logged into any of the games since I rejoined here in march. Got tired of playing only my male characters just to be left alone.

Have you asked him about pulling the plug on being online games period?

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
He went through a period where he said he was "done playing" so much because it was "wasted" time - this was about 1-2 weeks before the bomb, and lasted about a week after - he was only playing twice a week for "raids" (with the guild the "friend" is in).

But now he's back to logging in before work, during work, after work.

Honestly, at this point, I'd like him to keep playing in the hopes I can find some concrete evidence one way or the other - otherwise I'll go crazy.

N
N
when he is playing at night, is he on the desktop or the laptop? If desk, where is the laptop at that time? I'm assuming WoW is on the laptop since he logs in at work? When he is on the laptop at home, does he show up on the network or is he using a wireless connection to some fool who did not lock their internet down?

Sure wish I knew about mac computers frown I knew XP quite well, gave up on Vista...just thinking here.

Need to go work on paperwork...found a whole new box, looking thru tons of old CC bills frown

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
N
N
Originally Posted by Seraph
He went through a period where he said he was "done playing" so much because it was "wasted" time - this was about 1-2 weeks before the bomb, and lasted about a week after - he was only playing twice a week for "raids" (with the guild the "friend" is in).

But now he's back to logging in before work, during work, after work.

Honestly, at this point, I'd like him to keep playing in the hopes I can find some concrete evidence one way or the other - otherwise I'll go crazy.

what did he do with all this newfound time of his when he stopped playing? That is where the dirt is on him.

You'll get the evidence, never fear. How's that program for picking up IM's?

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
N
N
Of course your WH is having an A of some sort. However, even if he was really only withdrawn and had no OW, the "carrot" part of Plan A would still be in order.

Examine your own part of the M, since you can only change you. What EN's could you meet better? Even if he won't discuss his EN's with you, you know him well enough to guess pretty accurately.

Meet his EN's as much as he'll let you, and snoop quietly, patiently, tirelessly. Eventually he will make a mistake. They all do.

No more detectable rookie moves like creating an account he could trace to you. That will only alert him, and send him deeper underground. Be cool, don't do anything he can trace to you, and sooner or later he'll make a mistake. They all do.

To repeat another poster, be open to the possibility of a real-life OW, too. Don't rule anything out yet.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
N
N
Find out anything yet?

I know, I'm impatient. ;d

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Find out anything yet?

I know, I'm impatient. ;d

No, nothing yet. Honestly, it's the not knowing that's killing me. I'm Plan A-ing my butt off, regardless, but I'd like to know what I'm up against.

S
Seraph Offline OP
OP Offline
S
Confirmed. Now what? Please help.

P
P
Bumping for Seraph

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

V
V
Seraph, I'm sorry the suspicions of infidelity were correct; however, you are in the best place you can be to handle it. Can you give us a bit more information re: your confirmation of the affair?

Also, how clued in is your WH that you know something's afoot?

It's slow on the weekends, but you should get some traffic nonetheless.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
P
P
Originally Posted by Seraph
Confirmed. Now what? Please help.

Can you give us details?

Who is OW
Is she married?
Do they work together?

I am sorry about this. Don't confront yet. Get your exposure list ready. Have you read up on exposure?

I'm not here for much longer today.

ME: BW
HIM: FWH
Married 18 yrs
DDay 09/2008 and 12/2008

Recovered

Page 2 of 14 1 2 3 4 13 14

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 708 guests, and 56 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation