Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
markos #2526557 07/08/11 09:50 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Markos....I feel like I have the stick in a plan A scnario, now I just need to come up with a big juicy carrot.

When I vowed for better or worse - I meant it!
Biker #2526560 07/08/11 09:54 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't have any of the books. I need to see if the library has them. I can see how I need to change some things to be more open and understanding in some areas, but more firm and in control of others. Still scared to death because there are so many variables that are unknowns!

Biker #2526569 07/08/11 10:41 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I've read so much tonight my brain hurts! Problem is with my ADD I'm going to have to read it all again probably a couple more times! GRRRRR I feel like it is helping me though in pulling together my plan of confronting the OP and demanding NC with my wife! I know it probably doesn't follow all the rules here, but circumstances dictate a little different attack.

Biker #2526589 07/09/11 07:12 AM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I feel so empty right now. I don't want to go anywhere, (don't want to go to church, buy food, or see people), I don't want to e-mail my wife or even have her call me....I don't want to deal with the confrontation, hurt feelings, and anger that I know are ahead of us. There is so much at stake here it isn't funny. I really don't know how I will survive the fallout of my wife's hurt feelings and anger. I know I didn't do what I needed to in order to keep this from happening, although I'm really not sure it would have mattered because the things that I did when I tried to do the MB was pretty much being ignored.....just feeling really low today.

Biker #2526625 07/09/11 10:25 AM
M
M
Originally Posted by Bugs_Bunny
I've read so much tonight my brain hurts! Problem is with my ADD I'm going to have to read it all again probably a couple more times! GRRRRR I feel like it is helping me though in pulling together my plan of confronting the OP and demanding NC with my wife! I know it probably doesn't follow all the rules here, but circumstances dictate a little different attack.

I know the feeling ... I have to read and read and read again to understand something.

Nothing helped for me like listening to the radio show regularly. Massive repetition there, which is just what I needed. smile Have you given any more thought to sending questions about your situation in to Dr. Harley's radio program? Most people I know get identified there by an anonymous name, if that's a concern.

By the way, something I forgot last night: at this point in time, DO NOT direct your wife to this forum. You need us to help you be a little bit crafty to kill the affair, and since she is going to be on the side of the affair, presently, that will greatly complicate things. You can tell her you have found a plan for marital recovery and invite her to follow it with you, telling her that the two of you can begin just as soon as she ends the affair and establishes no contact.

I am so sorry you are in this situation, Bugs. Some marriages stay bad for years without ever developing something like this, and some become someone's excuse for betrayal. frown

I would order Surviving an Affair this very day, along with His Needs, Her Needs. HNHN is for you at this point, SAA is for both of you if she finds it and wants to read it.

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

Married to my radiant trophy wife, Prisca, 19 years. Father of 8.
Attended Marriage Builders weekend in May 2010

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
Biker #2526626 07/09/11 10:25 AM
M
M
I really don't know how I will survive the fallout of my wife's hurt feelings and anger.

Bugs, we're gonna help you through this!

If you are serious about saving your marriage, you can't get it all on this forum. You've got to listen to the Marriage Builders Radio show, every day. Install the app!

If your wife is not on board with MB, some of my posts to other men might help you.
markos #2526633 07/09/11 10:51 AM
M
M
I'm praying for you and your wife, Bugs. Refresh my memory; do you have any children?

markos #2526694 07/09/11 03:21 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
By the way, something I forgot last night: at this point in time, DO NOT direct your wife to this forum. You need us to help you be a little bit crafty to kill the affair, and since she is going to be on the side of the affair, presently, that will greatly complicate things. You can tell her you have found a plan for marital recovery and invite her to follow it with you, telling her that the two of you can begin just as soon as she ends the affair and establishes no contact.

[color:#000099] Don't worry....I'm anxious enough without having her sabatage stuff by knowing what I'm going to do before I do it. I have told her I have been reading stuff, but didn't give my source of material.[/color]
I am so sorry you are in this situation, Bugs. Some marriages stay bad for years without ever developing something like this, and some become someone's excuse for betrayal. frown
[color:#000099] I guess in a way it is my fault for not taking it more seriously before....but I honestly couldn't have done this before - I didn't have the energy to do it....but then, now I don't have a choice; I either do it or lose my mariage![/color]
I would order Surviving an Affair this very day, along with His Needs, Her Needs. HNHN is for you at this point, SAA is for both of you if she finds it and wants to read it. [/quote]

[color:#000099] I'll see if the library has it or maybe a local bookstore....I know - I'll check the pawn shop!!! (just kidding)![/color]

Last edited by Bugs_Bunny; 07/09/11 03:26 PM.

Biker #2526695 07/09/11 03:27 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Have two young kids! Thanks for the prayers!

Biker #2526707 07/09/11 05:33 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Tried to change the color of my responses on that post, don't know what happened???

Biker #2526754 07/09/11 09:42 PM
N
N
I can't help you with the color; it has always done my bidding.

Relax. Take your time, and reread things as many times as you need to. Time is your friend, and the enemy of the A.

I sure didn't feel like being around people during the A, for lots of reasons. One is since I cried all the time, I didn't want to break down in public. Another is for months, no one knew. It was even a long time before I told my mom and sister. It was just too hard being around people who didn't know. And too, I just didn't feel like being with people. So I really do understand where you're coming from.

My best advice is to strike a balance. Don't put a bunch of pressure on yourself to be out in public all the time, and don't allow yourself to become a total recluse, either. Especially with small children, you do need some social interaction and fellowship with other believers to recharge your batteries.

One example that springs to mind is the time my mom took the kids to Imax to see an awesome 3D nature documentary. She invited me to go, and did her best to drag me along. The main reason I stayed home, even more than not wanting to be in public, was because I couldn't bring myself to 'waste' time watching a nature show that I could have used in intercessory prayer.

Intercessory prayer was THE KEY in my whole experience, and yet with hindsight I can see that I was not a good steward of my body as God's temple. I don't beat myself up about it; it was just one of the many lessons God taught me in all this.

I always encourage others to discipline themselves to care for their own health first, which will leave them stronger to attend to the tasks at hand. Balance in all things.

A smooth sea never made a skilled mariner.
~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2526762 07/09/11 10:03 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
haha Neak...you should read my FB status/note!

Biker #2526764 07/09/11 10:08 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I guess everything for me has to be black and white right now....no gray areas! LOL!

Last edited by Bugs_Bunny; 07/09/11 10:13 PM.

Biker #2526777 07/09/11 11:09 PM
N
N
You will get used to the color thingies, brain died on what it's called LOL.

I hit quote on your post, you can see what happened. two [color] things next to each other. then the [/color]s at the end not meeting up with the first halves. Easy to do. I still mess that stuff up all the time.

See, messed up myself. YOU hit quote on this message lol and you will see where it did it. As soon as I hit preview, duh, they went away laugh LOL.

[color:#000099] Don't worry....I'm anxious enough without having her sabatage stuff by knowing what I'm going to do before I do it. I have told her I have been reading stuff, but didn't give my source of material.[/color]

[color:#000099] I guess in a way it is my fault for not taking it more seriously before....but I honestly couldn't have done this before - I didn't have the energy to do it....but then, now I don't have a choice; I either do it or lose my mariage![/color]
I would order Surviving an Affair this very day, along with His Needs, Her Needs. HNHN is for you at this point, SAA is for both of you if she finds it and wants to read it.

[color:#000099] I'll see if the library has it or maybe a local bookstore....I know - I'll check the pawn shop!!! (just kidding)![/color] [/quote]

I am 52, stbxh is 46
One child together 15 DD
2 (mine) from 1st marriage, 26 dd and 28 ds.
Married Dec 94
Separated Oct 09
Too many D-Days to list. (EA/Cyber affairs)
He filed no fault 3-2011 I countered with grounds.
Court date set for June 6, 2011 for Final Decree and was continued.
That ticked him off, he is now fighting for custody.
Lawyers are expensive, my daughter is worth every penny.
Even the ones I have to borrow.
Biker #2526778 07/09/11 11:10 PM
N
N
Paste it to your mirror if you have to. Any other encouraging sayings, too.

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2526780 07/09/11 11:13 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I don't think my tape is strong enough to keep my computer on the mirror. Good idea though!

Biker #2526784 07/09/11 11:28 PM
N
N
banghead laugh

~ English proverb

Neak's Story
Neak #2526792 07/09/11 11:46 PM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
Talking to my wife right now really stresses me out! Don't want to break lines of communication though so sucking it up and trying to be positive!

Biker #2526818 07/10/11 01:23 AM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
ugh....just had a long conversation with WS and she indicated when the topic rolled around that she would not "lose" a friendship with OP, but she knows we can not be in same space. Said he indicated if we were that he would intentionally say things to hurt me. I told her that data indicates that our marriage cannot survive if she does not break contact with OP, but was not pushy with her. I did not tell her that I also plan to confront OP soon, and still am just really anxious about the outcome of that meeting. I'm not afraid of him, I just want him to go away and get my wife back - but to be honest.....I can make him go away, but no guarantee of latter!

Biker #2526849 07/10/11 07:20 AM
B
Biker Offline OP
OP Offline
B
I seem to be depressed every morning and it takes me awhile to get going in the day, which means I don't get all the stuff done in the day that I want to.
So feeling "sick" in the morning....does that mean I have "morning sickness" sick puke? "LOL (sorry to all you ladies who had to endure sickness during prenancy - not trying to disrespect you)

Page 2 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,116 guests, and 67 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation