Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21
V
V
Rocky, good job on the packing and other arrangements to move. I can understand the emotional rollercoaster you're on right now, too, and while it is a given, don't let it run out of control.

Early on in our recovery, in the midst of one of my crazy, weepy, depressive, desperate episodes, my BH told me in no uncertain terms: my desperation, my emotional craziness, was not making him sure of my commitment to recovery; instead, it was making him extremely scared for my ability to get my head on straight and do the work required of me.

My emotional rollercoaster made him think I was going to ditch the relationship.

Coupled with your false recovery of once before, I think you can appreciate how the desperation of your posts and your current actions are still not "fixing everything." This is not to discourage you - rather, I want you to try to stop, breathe, and make that one single commitment right now to do the right thing. Don't get overwhelmed by all of the other stuff: just focus on Strike and doing the right thing by him, by your kids, and by your marriage vows.

You can do this.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
D-day: 2008
N
N
I am going an about as terrified as I have ever been

Terrified of? Somehow, in all the angst, agony and "Oh, you poor thing..." notes here, what gets forgotten is the incredibly decent treatment you've gotten from S2. What you SHOULD be terrified of is that he'll wise up and treat you with the contempt that your slutty behavior warrants.

Brings to mind the old story about the teenager who kills both parents and then throws himself on the mercy of the court because he's an orphan!

Enjoy your trip!!!!!!!!

S
S
NG, you are sooo going to get censored. LOL! I'm out...I can't stomach Rocky anymore.

S
S
Oh, and still no NC letter written? She's "so confused".

Mrs. V, I appreciate you, but Rocky isn't even thinking about step one (NC and NC letter), much less any next steps.

G
G
Originally Posted by Rockydugan
...[he] said there was no chance in he'll he would never beielve a word I ever said an my actions mean nothing to him anymore [e]ither...
Well, Rocky, you delayed going into no-contact, then you allowed someone who was untrustworthy to compromise your new phone number by giving it to OM, then you broke no contact, and then you said you'd come to be near your husband, but then you didn't and, and then you broke no-contact again, and you stuck around where OM is. (If I've got the story straight.) And I go on vacation for 8 days & I get back and see that you're still putzing around where you were over a week ago...

If those have been your actions, then the net result of those actions has been to yank your husband around, emotionally. That's not his doing, it's yours. You've ground your own credibility into powder. The only way to rebuild your credibility with him is to make consistent, good choices that take his feelings & fears into account. And his #1 fear is that you'll turn out to be a liar, again, and that he'll have made himself vulnerable to that.

If you don't protect him from that fear, then this won't work. If you won't protect him from that fear, then it'd be best if you don't bother going down there at all. Either you will be a woman of integrity & put your heart in his hands, or else you won't. It's your choice.

But you can't "half-way" choose. You have to be all-in. Three weeks ago, back on July 12, I invested some thought into posting to you about the danger of making your recovery efforts conditional upon certainty of a good outcome. I reminded you that making your efforts conditional was the sure way to guarantee a bad outcome. I told you you need to put all your chips in, in order for this to work.

Have I wasted my time? I will leave you to answer that. I won't waste any more of yours.

Me: FWH, 50
My BW: Trust_Will_Come, 52, tall, beautiful & heart of gold
DD23, DS19
EA-then-PA Oct'08-Jan'09
Broke it off & confessed to BW (after OW's H found out) Jan.7 2009
Married 25 years & counting.
Grateful for forgiveness. Working to be a better husband.
"I wear the chain I forged in life... I made it link by link, and yard by yard" ~Jacob Marley's ghost, A Christmas Carol
"Do it again & you're out on your [bum]." ~My BW, Jan.7 2009
M
M
Rocky, I hope you are sincere this time. Alot of good folks like GloveOil and others spent much of their valuable time posting to you. Please don't waste their time.

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

H
H

NC Letter

I wrote my NC letter with a great deal of help from page 58 in �Surviving An Affair�, by Dr. Willard Harley. He suggests something pretty close to what I wrote.

XXX, I want you to know that out of respect and love for my wife, I have come to realize that I must never see or talk with you again. My affair with you was a cruel indulgence that (my wife) did not deserve. While I cannot completely repay (my wife) for the pain I have caused her, I will do my best to become the husband she has been missing. I love my wife and family and I do not want to do anything to risk their happiness again. I will not make any further contact with you and I do not want you to make any contact with me. Please respect my desire to end all contact.

tst

I gave the letter to my wife, she approved, sealed and mailed the letter herself. I followed up my commitment by slamming the door on EVERY possible means of contact. My wife followed up my letter with a call to OW that if contact were ever made by her, it would result in a harassment law suit.

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
H
H
Kudos for showing your face here again....

Do I trust you?
No!

Should anyone trust you?
No!

Should I have been trusted once I showed up on MB?
No!

Was I given guidance?
Yes!

Did people call bull when they saw it?
Yes!

Will people call bull when you spread it?
Well, Ya, of course!

Are there things you need to do?
Well, Duh, of course!

So write the NC Letter like the one I just posted and cc Strike, asking him for his help regardless of whether he's done or not...
Can you easily do this?
Yes!

So get it done!

Let us know once this action is complete and wait for Strike to approve it and ask if he will send it even if he is done with the marriage.
Can you easily do this?
Of course you can!
So do it!

Next,

Follow thru with you other actions of traveling back to Fla.

Actions are required!

Can you do this?

Yes!

Recovery began 10/07;

Meeting my wife's EN's is my "thank you" that refuses to be silenced.
E
E
Rocky,

I wasn't going to post to you again, but wanted to pop in to say that this is probably your last chance effort at reconciliation. This is the last chance for you to end the lies and work towards regaining your dignity as a woman and a mother.

Listen, waywards do not make good parents. You cannot be and be wayward at the same time. Cheaters are selfish by nature, and thus the thought of a wayward even being able to make good parental judgements is just wrong. So either you LEAVE this destructive lifestyle behind, or you will be leaving your kids behind one way or another.

I for one, hope that you will finally follow your words and past empty promises and move back to FL. BE a real mom to your kids, stop skanking with another man, and TRY TO BE A REAL WIFE to your husband, who has been willing to work towards having a loving and beautiful marriage with you. Many others (including myself) simply would not do that. I'm no longer that forgiving.

This is it. The 11th hour. Are you going to take the easy way out, no make that the COWARDLY way out or are you going to woman up?

Change happens by listening and then starting a dialogue with the people who are doing something you don't believe is right. ~Jane Goodall
V
V
Originally Posted by Surfer88
Mrs. V, I appreciate you, but Rocky isn't even thinking about step one (NC and NC letter), much less any next steps.

Haha - Surfer, your posts have been cracking me up, you and NG. Half of me wants to boot Rocky from here 'til tomorrow, and the other half remembers what it was like in those early, foggy days.

If it doesn't help her, maybe it will help one of those ubiquitous lurkers... smile?

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
W
W
Originally Posted by peachyisback
I for one, hope that you will finally follow your words and past empty promises and move back to FL. BE a real mom to your kids, stop skanking with another man, and TRY TO BE A REAL WIFE to your husband, who has been willing to work towards having a loving and beautiful marriage with you. Many others (including myself) simply would not do that. I'm no longer that forgiving.

Rocky, the reason I keep posting to you is b/c maybe, just maybe, you have a chance that I don't. Maybe I'm just a hopeless optimist at heart. But you have a husband who has been willing, and maybe still is willing. This is probably your last shot, and if you throw that away with a half-azz NC letter, or fail to follow through with your actions, I seriously doubt any of the folks on this board, myself included, will be back to help you again. It's sorta like the boy who cried "wolf!" After a time, the villagers stopped responding...and when the wolf was really at the door, well, you know what happens in the story.

FWW

"Snow and adolescence are the only problems that disappear if you ignore them long enough." ~ Earl Wilson
C
C
Originally Posted by Mrs_Vanilla
If it doesn't help her, maybe it will help one of those ubiquitous lurkers... smile?

Yeah, like when a younger child learns from watching an older one who gets in trouble, or when you see a peer go to jail, or get into a car accident... "Gee..it CAN happen to me!"

Many times I am counselled indirectly by others counselling others myself, thats the benifet of staring the problems in the face, with a community of support. It strengthens us too.

But we are all so comepletly different people, from different walks of life, who have seen and experienced things in marraiges, because we lacked the same skills taught by Dr H. and MB.

I also beleive as I and everyone can attest, that they came here not because they made no mistakes, but because they made some pretty heavy ones.

Rocky has the same chance as anyone to recover herself, and then her marriage, if she follows the instructions. As responsible human beings, and also as weak ones ourselves, its our duty to help those lost, to find thier way.

But they must do it, because they will own it, and that is more preciuos than Gold.

Follow the instructions Rocky, and keep getting up. You don't lose till you quit the fight, no matter how many times you fall down, you get back up.

I am not talking about staying here and seeing OM, if you do that its emotional and spiritual suicide. I am talking about the fear, the guilt, and desire to run away and hide. Go there, get established, and make yourself available to strike no matter what. It is the right thing to do for him and your children, therefore for you also.

Yes we all post expecting to help more than the original poster, and I for one have been helped, because of the heart of other posters, and thier fearless support of marriage, and all it is supposed to and can be for everyone.

S
S
FWIW, my then-wayward husband back in 1979 (wow, it really was a long time ago) told me:

"I do not love you, I never did love you, and I never will love you."

And he left me.

During his three-month hiatus, he tried to get with his fantasy OW, who actually had eyes for another man. My husband never did want to come home, really.

When he did come home, he was there ONE NIGHT, and then had a ONS.

Yep.

It took him one single night before he cheated on me.

So, I promptly slapped him in the face, walked out the door, and got into our old VW bus and drove away. I was on a California freeway, screaming every obscenity I could think of, at nobody. Just driving and yelling. I wasn't going anywhere, as I had nowhere to go. I wasn't yelling at anyone, because I was all alone in the bus.

I realized that here I was, driving, and had some really good things to say - and my stupid husband was sitting back at the apartment NOT HEARING THEM! So I promptly exited the freeway, turned that bus around, and drove home. When I turned into our driveway, I was so angry...

I wiped out the mailbox with the side of the VW. The landlord was standing there watching me. I rolled down the window and yelled, "Don't worry, ______ will fix that."

I got out, went into the apartment, sat down, and proceeded to tell that man exactly how the NEW marriage would roll out.

And it did. For many many many years, it rolled that way. From 1979 until his dadgum mid-life idiocy in 2005, it rolled.

So, things can work out, Rocky. You just hang in there. Do not stop, work on your changes, choose to do the right thing with each and every decision.

Because somewhere in there YOU have promise.

SB

Lucky to be where I am, in a safe place to get marriage-related support.
Recovered.
Happy.
Most recent D-day Fall 2005
Our new marriage began that day. Not easily, but it did happen.
S
S
Mrs. V! smile Bless your heart, and for all of the others trying to help Strike and her. I have sarcasmitis on occasion.

Yes, maybe all of this CRYSTAL CLEAR, getoffyourduffandgrowupyouareanadulthaveachild style advise will sink in to a lurker out there. Oops. There it is again.

Thanks for all that you do!

I
I
I hope thats the sound of driving home to Strike coming from you right now Rocky. Look forward to hearing great strides, guts and determination from you soon.

What would you do if you were not afraid?

"Fear is the little death. Fear is the mind-killer" Frank Herbert.

S
OP Offline
S
It was a long drive but the boys and I made it home

oh how excited the boys where to see there daddy!

I was to so very much

brought the handwritten nc letter with me for my husband to review

got to lay with my husband and babies for a while last night

hope he will see me today

I haven't seen my husband in a long time and I can see the pain in his face
I did that I caused that............

V
V
You are taking your first steps towards becoming a woman of integrity again - good for you.

The challenge will be to keep going, to keep making those steps. You can do it.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
J
J
Rockydugan,

I have read both threads and I have to say although you have been lost a lot of the time I see a good woman in there and I am proud of who you are trying to be right now......
You have to own this and you have to come up with a plan to show your family that they are what matter to YOU.
Strike2 is going to be very gun shy, he isn't going to just believe your words, you will have to show yourself truthful through actions and precautions.......
You will have to think through everything you say and do so he can't get any other idea but what you are trying to present.......
You need to be totally open, I suggest a note pad back and forth to reveal information that is needed to get the truth.........it helps with the chance of things getting to hurtful and the conversation getting out of control.
You find out what Strike2 needs from you right now, ask him, discuss it and show him all on your own what you want to do for him, fill the love bank for him, let him trust the little things for now........slowly over time he will feel safer.....don't rush things..........
Get help from Dr. Harley's site together............
Live the life the two of you should have been living.......with your kids......
Forget anything else none of that matters anymore.........
Make that pain in his face disappear................that is your job now...

Last edited by jessitaylor; 08/03/11 09:29 AM.

BW 56
WH 57
Married 25 years, live together for 2, dated 2 years before that.....
DS 23, DS 25
D-Day Nov 23/09
NC Mar 1/10
Working on Recovery
Grateful for finding Marriage Builders
C
C
Great post Jessie
I like the notebook idea very tender
Grats Rocky you won that battle hats off

V
V
Rocky, one other thing I thought of, especially in light of the false recovery so far:

It gets better. If you put in the hard work now, no matter how low the recovery rollercoaster dips, it gets better.

If, however, you run away when the going gets tough, you are guaranteeing nothing more than continued misery and pain - for all parties involved.

In the words of the great JL: please think about this.

Me - 30 (FWW)
H - 30 (BH)
DSx2
Page 14 of 21 1 2 12 13 14 15 16 20 21

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
1 members (DaisyTheCat2), 683 guests, and 71 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Bibbyryan860, Ian T, SadNewYorker, Jay Handlooms, GrenHeil
71,838 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation