Welcome to the
Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum

This is a community where people come in search of marriage related support, answers, or encouragement. Also, information about the Marriage Builders principles can be found in the books available for sale in the Marriage Builders® Bookstore.
If you would like to join our guidance forum, please read the Announcement Forum for instructions, rules, & guidelines.
The members of this community are peers and not professionals. Professional coaching is available by clicking on the link titled Coaching Center at the top of this page.
We trust that you will find the Marriage Builders® Discussion Forum to be a helpful resource for you. We look forward to your participation.
Once you have reviewed all the FAQ, tech support and announcement information, if you still have problems that are not addressed, please e-mail the administrators at mbrestored@gmail.com
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 50 of 51 1 2 48 49 50 51
K
K
What I like as far as barbeque anything is a slow-cooker filled with 2 bottles of BBQ sauce with frozen chicken...and then boiled.

The leftover sauce, all liquefied, makes a great rice topping.

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
M
M
Originally Posted by karmasrose
What I like as far as barbeque anything is a slow-cooker

BBQ in a crock pot = YANKEE fixins! rotflmao

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

M
M
actually that does sound very tasty, karmasrose. smile

"It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena.." Theodore Roosevelt

Exposure 101

K
K
It really is--it cooked all day long, and the chicken was nice and juicy.

And plenty of 'sauce' (more liquid than goopy like most BBQ sauce) to put on top if you wanted more. smile

One year becomes two, two years becomes five, five becomes ten and before you know it, you've wasted your whole life on a problem you can't solve. That's one way to spend your life. -rwinger

I will not spend my life this way.
H
H
Sorry I can't hunt those little squirrels but those plastic pigs in the pig pen....hand me that rifle.

Can't clear the creek till you remove the pigs from the river... rotflmao

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
M
M
Originally Posted by hope3343
Sorry I can't hunt those little squirrels but those plastic pigs in the pig pen....hand me that rifle.

Can't clear the creek till you remove the pigs from the river... rotflmao

Let's take them foreign gals shinin' for hawgs!! laugh

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
rotflmao

Ok you gals, on Mon is my son's 21st birthday. We will be both in Italy then and I was wondering what kind of present you give a 21 year old. He is in college here in the States and I am inthe States now so I could buy the present here.
I have no clue what to give him as 21 here in the States is a big milestone...
thank you and blessing

atena
M
M
Money!! A $500 American Express gift card. You can even order them online.

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
I already gave him $350 a month ago when we met back east for the 4th of July...

atena
M
M
Does he have an Apple Ipad?

Exposure 101

M
M
And what kind of phone does he have?

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
He has no IPad, he has an Iphone. How much are IPad?

atena
M
M
Originally Posted by atena
He has no IPad, he has an Iphone. How much are IPad?

oooooooooh, I bet he would love an ipad!! They are all the rage. A good, middle of the road one with wi-fi and g service [32GB] is around $700. He can get his mail on it and upload presentations on it. The link is here: http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_ipad/family/ipad/select?mco=MjE0OTI0MDI

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
That would be great but I do not want to ask his dad to contribute to half, so I will have to cover it on my own and that is to expensive...

atena
M
M
Maybe you could get him the wi-fi only version? That would only cost $499 and if he is on campus, they probably have wi-fi everywhere. He could take it to his classes..

Exposure 101

H
H
My daughter is turning 18 and I feel the same that I cannot get her an expensive gift but a well thought one would do great.

Is he a reader? Barnes and Noble gift card is always appreciated. Is he into a hobby or sport team? Team shirt of his favorite player. Something he would want but not go out and buy.

Now was the job search? any luck? take care and blessings

Me 55, XWH 53, M 22 years
D17, D30
alien replaces my husband "I'm not happy" -7/08
Discover OW-8/08 (his direct report and I work there also)
H moves out 10/1/08, confront Ow 10/28/08
Plan B 1/09
D final 12/09

Quote: "First thing you do is pray; when there is nothing else to do, continue to pray."
R
R
Ask him, I say!

At this age.....you just don't know what they can really use.

I recently read an article about how iPads are not very useful for college kids. Laptops are more useful for them.

Anyway. I am a big believer in asking!

M
M
Originally Posted by reading
Ask him, I say!

At this age.....you just don't know what they can really use.

I recently read an article about how iPads are not very useful for college kids. Laptops are more useful for them.

But it is not a replacement for a laptop. Of course he has to have a laptop, but an ipad can be very useful and fun because he can take it with him, record lectures, take pictures, access the internet so he can use google and do presentations.

Exposure 101

A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
ok, I gave son $250 and took him out to dinner twice. He was happy. I could not afford anything else but I thank you for all the great ideas!!
I arrived in Italy 2 days ago and son came the same day.
We are quite jet-lagged and slept a lot. He has not seen his dad yet and has far as I know WH has not called son for birthday, he might have messaged him. I have a strong feeling WH planned vacation with OW right at the time when son would have arrived from the States. I have a strong urge to ask son information about WH and I have to make a strong and consciuous effort not to ask him anything. I am very tempted.
Son has not spoken about his dad at all he only mentioned he will be working on a computer project with him during his stay here and so that he needs to be around during specific times in order to meet with his dad. ( I am planning to visit family and son is coming with me)
I think i am a masochist for wanting to know WH's life with OW. I really do not know what that knowledge will bring me if not more suffering, grief and jealousy.
I have no prospect of work in the states yet, but there are a couple of schools that told me to stay in touch as they might have openings coming up in the future.
Blessings

atena
A
atena Offline OP
OP Offline
A
Hello, I just wanted to update you about the latest ....my WH sent my mom a card thru my son. We visited my mom for a week and my son gave her the card the day after we arrived.
The card just said that he thinks of her often and remembers her nice dinners. He also added to say hi to my 98 years old grandma and to my brother and family.
My mom is not well and WH has not contacted her ever after all the filth of the A and the horrible way he handled the end of our M.
My mom was sad about the stupidity of such a message which is certainly a joke given the way he decided to end not only our marriage, but also the relationship with her and my brother
WH has never apologized nor make any effort to communicate with my family. He acted in a horrible Way Towards them.
My mom told my son to tell WH that she has no respect for the person he is now. My brother, however did not take the matter lightly and sent a message to WH telling him to stay out of our lives and to shove his stupid and offensive card to my mom up his....you know what.....
I was informed about all this just a few hours ago by my brother. I am staying out of all this and I m glad my brother took care of it.
I m not sure if I should tell my son to stay out of his dads craziness ....
What is WH trying to do with stupid attempts like those....is he trying to win my moms approval?....
His card offered no apology,,,,he could have very well been a card one sends to an old friend.....has he no idea of what he has done? Does he think that, since 2 years have passed since our separation that my family shoul get over it and act as if nothing has happened????
Grrrrrr
Blessing

atena
Page 50 of 51 1 2 48 49 50 51

Link Copied to Clipboard
Forum Search
Who's Online Now
0 members (), 1,086 guests, and 45 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Newest Members
Mike69, petercgeelan, Zorya, Reyna98, Nofoguy
71,829 Registered Users
Building Marriages That Last A Lifetime
Copyright © 1995-2019, Marriage Builders®. All Rights Reserved.
Site Navigation